Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 09:29:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sudanese Muslim woman sentenced to death for Christian conversion  (Read 14780 times)
5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 02:02:49 PM

Wait a minute here.  Back up the bus.  This guy slept with a Christian, right? 

In primitive religions (the ones based on the world being created by an invisible man in the sky), it's usually OK for a guy to do what he wants. It's the women you have to watch.

Even in the Garden of Eden, is was EVE causing all the trouble.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:15:52 PM

I warned you before and I am warning you now. Be wary of the Muslims, their religion is not peaceful at all.

Sigh. What can I say about the Muslims I know? Good cooks. Several of them good tennis players. One of them is a terrible driver. One of them is a very proficient triathlete.

Weirdly, not one of them has tried to blow me up.

Hazir - racism just isn't cool.

So what is typical skin color of a muslim? "To be anti islam is not cool": that I would understand. But racism? How about all those europeans who converted to islam?
5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 02:26:12 PM

So what is typical skin color of a muslim? "To be anti islam is not cool": that I would understand. But racism? How about all those europeans who converted to islam?

Biological notions of race kind of went out of fashion after the whole Aryan Master Race thing. Racism today is a catch-all for any kind of ethnocentric bigotry. And specifically, there is growing consensus that Islamophobia is a form of racism.

Ref: Poynting, S.; Mason, V. (2007). "The resistible rise of Islamophobia: Anti-Muslim racism in the UK and Australia before 11 September 2001". Journal of Sociology

You can always ask German Jews and Bosnian Muslims whether racism depends on the existence of races.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:31:33 PM

Biological notions of race kind of went out of fashion after the whole Aryan Master Race thing. Racism today is a catch-all for any kind of ethnocentric bigotry. And specifically, there is growing consensus that Islamophobia is a form of racism.

Ref: Poynting, S.; Mason, V. (2007). "The resistible rise of Islamophobia: Anti-Muslim racism in the UK and Australia before 11 September 2001". Journal of Sociology

So you are able to tell who are muslims in the street just by looking at them... Nice biological race detector you have there  Grin

5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 02:32:55 PM

So you are able to tell who are muslims in the street just by looking at them... Nice biological race detector you have there  Grin

...? Pretty sure I just said the opposite...but whatever straw man you need...

Ask Bosnian Muslims and German Jews if the existence of "race" is required to suffer racism.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:33:27 PM

Interesting to note that Obama still hasn't spoken even a word against this outrageous sentence. He is busy appeasing the Somalis and the Sudanese (in addition to the Arabs).

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:42:08 PM

This story is awful. Where is amnesty international and all the women's rights groups on this? Where is the US state department? These are US citizens.

This has nothing to with racism. This is about the mixing of religion with political power. It should never happen anywhere.

5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 02:48:29 PM

This story is awful. Where is amnesty international and all the women's rights groups on this? Where is the US state department? These are US citizens.

This has nothing to with racism. This is about the mixing of religion with political power. It should never happen anywhere.

Amnesty has been covering it extensively.

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/actions/sudan-execution-apostasy-pregnant-woman-mother-meriam-yahya-ibrahim-christian

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:58:48 PM

These are US citizens.

Meriam Yahya Ibrahim Ishag was born in Sudan and holds the Sudanese passport. Her husband, Daniel Wani is a citizen of the United States since 2005. I have no information about the nationality of their 20-month old son, Martin.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 04:03:30 PM

Wait a minute here.  Back up the bus.  This guy slept with a Christian, right? 

In primitive religions (the ones based on the world being created by an invisible man in the sky), it's usually OK for a guy to do what he wants. It's the women you have to watch.
Hey you are right!  After a bit of research it turns out that Muhammad (may his penis fall off from overuse) handed himself down many, many, very convenient "revelations from allah".  Check it out here:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/025-Muhammads-sex-life.htm

The Quran (which was narrated by Muhammad) refers to Muhammad's life as "as beautiful pattern of conduct for anyone whose hope is in Allah" (33:21) and "an exalted standard of character" (68:4).  Yet, thanks to Allah's extraordinary interest in his personal sex life (as immortalized in the Quran) the prophet of Islam had sex with just about anyone he pleased.

Although the Qur'an didn't appear to have enough space for topics like universal love and brotherhood (which Muslims sometimes insist are there, but aren't), the list of sexual partners that Muhammad was entitled to is detailed more than once, sometimes in categories and sometimes in reference to specific persons (ie. Zaynab and Mary).

Muhammad was married to thirteen women, including eleven at one time.  He relegated them to either consecutive days or (according to some accounts) all in one night.  He had sex with a 9-year-old girl and married his adopted son's wife (after arranging a quick divorce).  On top of that, Muhammad had a multitude of slave girls and concubines with whom he had sex - sometimes on the very days in which they had watched their husbands and fathers die at the hands of his army.

So, by any realistic measure, the creator of the world's most sexually restrictive religion was also one of the most sexually indulgent characters in history.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:25:07 PM

Wait a minute here.  Back up the bus.  This guy slept with a Christian, right?  In their view isn't that the moral equivalent of having sex with a flea ridden dog?  If I recall correctly in the fundie version of the Koran the proper punishment for this guy is to cut off his balls, feed them to him and then stone him to death, right?

I demand to know that this guy was properly punished before we even start to talk about his daughter.

According to the Islamic law, a Muslim man can marry a non-Muslim girl. But it is forbidden for a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man. Such a crime is punishable by the death sentence.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 05:04:30 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 05:17:41 PM by BurtW

Wait a minute here.  Back up the bus.  This guy slept with a Christian, right?  In their view isn't that the moral equivalent of having sex with a flea ridden dog?  If I recall correctly in the fundie version of the Koran the proper punishment for this guy is to cut off his balls, feed them to him and then stone him to death, right?

I demand to know that this guy was properly punished before we even start to talk about his daughter.

According to the Islamic law, a Muslim man can marry a non-Muslim girl. But it is forbidden for a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man. Such a crime is punishable by the death sentence.
Live and learn.  I still am unclear about one thing.  Due to divine revelation Muhammad (may he contract syphilis from one of the slave girls) could sleep with just about anyone he wanted to (many wives, slaves, children, etc.) but does that apply to any man who joins the religion or do you have to attain some "higher rank" in the religion to get this license?  If so this sexual free-for-all, oops, I mean free-for-men is sounding more interesting to me.  Reading more it appears that in this "religion" you can molest prepubecent girls!  Although there seems to be some weird restriction on penetration:

Some clerics show relative mercy on underage girls by advocating a process known as "thighing" (also known as child molestation in the West).  According to a recent fatwa (number 23672), an imam answers this question: "My parents married me to a young girl who hasn't yet reached puberty. How can I enjoy her sexually?" by telling the 'man' that he may "hug her, kiss her, and ejaculate between her legs."

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 06:24:30 AM

Hey you are right!  After a bit of research it turns out that Muhammad (may his penis fall off from overuse) handed himself down many, many, very convenient "revelations from allah".  Check it out here:

It's not specific to Muslims (thanks for linking to a hate site). The Judeo-Christian faiths all have their ridiculous bits of text too. There are plenty of points in the bible which advocate child abuse.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:00:42 AM

There are plenty of points in the bible which advocate child abuse.

Outrageous. I am not a Christian, but I am sure that child abuse is mentioned nowhere in the bible. Or for that matter, in any of the other religious books. Now, you have made some really tall claims. How about giving some proof or evidence to support your argument?
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:11:18 AM

Outrageous. I am not a Christian, but I am sure that child abuse is mentioned nowhere in the bible. Or for that matter, in any of the other religious books. Now, you have made some really tall claims. How about giving some proof or evidence to support your argument?

Proverbs 13:24 (New International Version)
24 Whoever spares the rod hates their children,
    but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them.

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 09:25:22 AM

I've been wondering about this as well and I'm not surprised having taken a look at conversations between Christians about hitting children that the Vatican and the Catholic church has a huge number of child abuse cases ongoing and investigated, just like with homosexuality, Christians think because of one little line it's okay to go around fucking their kids up.

I should have bookmarked it, but I found a very ironic article written by a Satanic temple giving letters to children to give to their schools that they shouldn't go around hitting their children, of course there were a lot of angry Christians commenting on it. What religions like Christianity want is obedience and they try to cover this up by saying respect, but respect has to be mutual, so really all they're doing is just using the threat of violence and fear of violence to control them.

Oh! Here it is! http://www.mommyish.com/2014/04/12/satanic-temple-anti-spanking-campaign/

inb4 Christian and pro-spanking rage where I will mock constantly Cheesy
5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 10:11:38 AM

You know it Smiley

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to selling my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus. Will accept Bitcoin only, naturally.

Naturally, I can't sell her to Jewish masters since the Talmud allows for raping non-Jewish girls from the age of 3. Mind you, according to Jewish law, I'm Jewish, so maybe she would be OK.

Yes, isn't it oh-so-smart to take selective literal readings of mythological texts in order to justify bigotry.

5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 10:21:05 AM

Outrageous

Aren't you the same Bryant Coleman who admitted he would vote Neo-Nazi given half a chance? I don't think you get to talk to me about what is and isn't outrageous.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:57:26 AM

IMO, spanking is not equivalent to child abuse. It may be so in the Western World, but outside Europe and North America, spanking is not considered as child abuse. See the map (countries where corporate punishment is illegal in red):

5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 12:21:20 PM

IMO, spanking is not equivalent to child abuse. It may be so in the Western World, but outside Europe and North America, spanking is not considered as child abuse. See the map (countries where corporate punishment is illegal in red):

From Neo-Nazism to child beating. I'd just LOVE to get your views on child slavery.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: