Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:18:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sudanese Muslim woman sentenced to death for Christian conversion  (Read 14774 times)
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:39:38 PM

Just checked the US aid to Sudan wiki and found that we give Sudan $420,349,319 in federal aid.
WFT is our government doing giving this country anything that doesn't explode when it hits the ground? This is what's wrong with OUR country. I don't care about SUDAN. I've served in our military, fought in our "wars" and nothing good has come from it. Now you tell me that not only are these people so backwards that they would execute a citizen because they marry a Christian, but we're literally funding it. Shame on Sudan sure. But shame on us for giving them a single penny.
Until we realize that we're not the worlds police, we're going to continue to make mistakes that relegate us to our future role. No more democracy, just a  hypocrisy.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:44:59 PM

Just checked the US aid to Sudan wiki and found that we give Sudan $420,349,319 in federal aid.

Most of the US federal aid goes towards the NGOs which are working in Sudan, especially in the fields of education, HIV prevention, and health sectors. It is not going towards the Sudanese government.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 02:46:24 PM

“Dr. Obeidalla underscored the importance of respect to the legislations and laws of countries, which are part the national sovereignty of states,” the statement said. “He added that as much as Sudan respects the laws of other nations, the others are also required to respect the laws and legislations of Sudan.”
Bullshit, bullshit and bullshit.  No we don't when they are wrong/evil, no you don't because you are wrong/evil, and no we are not when your laws are wrong/evil.

I wonder if he thinks that he is "required to respect the laws and legislations" of a country which put Muslims to death.

Idiot.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:47:26 PM

WFT is our government doing giving this country anything that doesn't explode when it hits the ground? This is what's wrong with OUR country. I don't care about SUDAN. I've served in our military, fought in our "wars" and nothing good has come from it. Now you tell me that not only are these people so backwards that they would execute a citizen because they marry a Christian, but we're literally funding it. Shame on Sudan sure. But shame on us for giving them a single penny.
Until we realize that we're not the worlds police, we're going to continue to make mistakes that relegate us to our future role. No more democracy, just a  hypocrisy.
The question is...where is this money going? for all you know the silly government could be funding terrorists..why aren't they following up with where the money is going? I honestly don't believe the money gets to the intended people it ends up on corrupt politicians

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:08:32 PM

The question is...where is this money going? for all you know the silly government could be funding terrorists..why aren't they following up with where the money is going? I honestly don't believe the money gets to the intended people it ends up on corrupt politicians
I don't care what they do with the money. It doesn't matter. The Sudanese government shouldn't get a penny from our country. Their government is the problem. This woman didn't get sentenced to death by her local church. It is the law there. The federal law. Why we are giving them any money is just completely shocking to me and it needs to stop now!
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 03:13:24 PM

I don't care what they do with the money. It doesn't matter. The Sudanese government shouldn't get a penny from our country. Their government is the problem. This woman didn't get sentenced to death by her local church. It is the law there. The federal law. Why we are giving them any money is just completely shocking to me and it needs to stop now!

I would agree except for one thing:  hurting the people only gets them more converts.  Assuming the money actually goes for humanitarian aid and the people know that the aid is coming from us then send even more.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:29:04 PM

With Time Running Out, Senators Heap Pressure on Admin to Help Condemned Sudanese Christian

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/05/21/with-time-running-out-senators-heap-pressure-on-admin-to-help-condemned-sudanese-christian/

sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:34:43 PM

In an ideal world, giving aid money is a smart and logical thing to do.The idea of giving aid money to improvised nations is to help to build infrastructure and alone them to grow their own economies. It is in fact a brilliant plan, as America tends to make alot of products. If those countries use that aid money for the intended purpose, it becomes like an investment with more of a return than what was given. As those societies end up buying and re-buying our products. However, sometimes that aid money is used or taken for other purposes.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:32:30 PM

In an ideal world, giving aid money is a smart and logical thing to do.The idea of giving aid money to improvised nations is to help to build infrastructure and alone them to grow their own economies. It is in fact a brilliant plan, as America tends to make alot of products. If those countries use that aid money for the intended purpose, it becomes like an investment with more of a return than what was given. As those societies end up buying and re-buying our products. However, sometimes that aid money is used or taken for other purposes.

The "poor" African continent seems to never run out of bullets... Is there an bullet NGO for that?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:25:44 AM

The "poor" African continent seems to never run out of bullets... Is there an bullet NGO for that?

Some of the aid is diverted to buying arms and ammunition by the rogue groups. Also, Western oil and gas companies sometimes bribe local factions with weapons, to gain mineral and oil rights.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:18:15 AM

An American citizen whose pregnant wife has been sentenced to death in Sudan for refusing to renounce her Christian faith told Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren Friday that his wife is staying strong in her convictions despite her ordeal.

Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, 27, whose Christian husband Daniel Wani holds American citizenship, has been held in a Sudanese prison along with her 20-month old son for more than three months.

Last week, in a decision that drew international condemnation, a judge in Khartoum sentenced her to death by hanging once she gives birth and nurses her child for two years, because she would not renounce her Christianity.

Wani said on “On the Record with Greta Van Susteren” that when his wife’s ordeal began he went to the U.S. embassy and tried to report the case. However, he said he was told to go to the UN because his wife is not an American.

“I say I am an American and she is a doctor, you have to help her but she refuse to do anything,” Wani said of a counselor at the embassy he spoke to.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/05/24/husband-christian-woman-sentenced-to-death-for-faith-says-wont-convert/?cmpid=app_pulse&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

----------------------------------------------------
#Obamadoesnotcare

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:49:12 AM

650,000 join Meriam Ibrahim petition with amnesty but her own government attacks her.

Petition to release pregnant Sudanese woman given death sentence for marrying a Christian reaches 650,000...as Sudan government says its 'dangerous' to protest her treatment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2637477/Petition-release-pregnant-Sudanese-woman-given-death-sentence-marrying-Christian-reaches-650-000-Sudan-government-says-dangerous-protest-treatment.html
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:34:39 PM

Muslims need to ask themselves what kind of god or religous leaders that have that support death for something thats not harmul to know one.  Sad if they gonna murder someone just cause her faith is in a different religion.  Still livin in dark times indeed.

You should ask your self if it is the same everywhere in the Muslim world before putting all Muslims in the same bag.....
Extremism is bad and this is a form of it and it should be fought by educating the people in those area about tolerance
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:25:04 PM

Muslims need to ask themselves what kind of god or religous leaders that have that support death for something thats not harmul to know one.  Sad if they gonna murder someone just cause her faith is in a different religion.  Still livin in dark times indeed.

You should ask your self if it is the same everywhere in the Muslim world before putting all Muslims in the same bag.....
Extremism is bad and this is a form of it and it should be fought by educating the people in those area about tolerance

In a way if the petition was spearheaded by all Muslims in the world, this would have a much more impact into stopping this madness...

Make sure to spread the word, share that petition, tell everyone of your faith those people do not represent you..

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 10:27:29 PM

In a way if the petition was spearheaded by all Muslims in the world, this would have a much more impact into stopping this madness...

Make sure to spread the word, share that petition, tell everyone of your faith those people do not represent you..
kuroman:  Yes, if what you say is true then we should see at least another 600,000 signatures from the tolerant Muslims added to the petition.

kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:48:14 PM

kuroman:  Yes, if what you say is true then we should see at least another 600,000 signatures from the tolerant Muslims added to the petition.

it's all about spreading the word, I'm pretty sure that tolerent muslims already voted in and still voting, but this case is pretty complex imo, I don't understand how they figured out if she was muslim before and become Christian afterwards, unless she was preaching religion change or something I'm not sure
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 10:59:18 PM

but this case is pretty complex imo, I don't understand how they figured out blah blah blah
NONE OF THIS MATTERS.  It is not "complex".  She has not mudered anyone, she has not kidnapped anyone, she has not raped anyone.  Therefore there is no reason to put her to death.  Kick her out of your Muslim only country is the most rash thing to do.

It is as wrong to put someone to death for being a Christian as it is for being a Muslim or even a God damned atheist.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:46:23 AM

NONE OF THIS MATTERS.  It is not "complex".  She has not mudered anyone, she has not kidnapped anyone, she has not raped anyone.  Therefore there is no reason to put her to death.  Kick her out of your Muslim only country is the most rash thing to do.

It is as wrong to put someone to death for being a Christian as it is for being a Muslim or even a God damned atheist.

Actually it amazes me to see so many Muslims here, justifying this barbaric sentence. If educated Muslims act like this, then what we can expect from all those uneducated Somalis and Arabs?
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 6409

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:36:28 PM

Actually it amazes me to see so many Muslims here, justifying this barbaric sentence. If educated Muslims act like this, then what we can expect from all those uneducated Somalis and Arabs?

If all the muslims would be "uneducated" like you've said there wouldn't be anyone doing things against their law , so this example would be void.
I guessed that by "uneducated" you meant fanatics.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:54:11 PM

If all the muslims would be "uneducated" like you've said there wouldn't be anyone doing things against their law , so this example would be void.
I guessed that by "uneducated" you meant fanatics.

Read my post again. I never sad that all the Muslims are uneducated. I was saying that highly educated Muslims are also acting like fanatics. BTW... by educated, I meant people who are capable of reading and writing English.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: