Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:26:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't withdraw from Gox  (Read 2131 times)
phorensic (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 01:26:58 AM

So I have this huge cell phone bill due to an online class I had to take for work.  I logged into Gox and sold some BTC to pay the bill.  I go to withdraw to Dwolla like I have done many times and I get "Your account is currently pending review" and I need to verify.  WTF Gox?  So I decided to buy back BTC and go to another exchange to cash out.  I try to withdraw BTC and I get "Your account is currently pending review".  WTF?  I can't get USD **or** BTC out of Gox?  You have got to be kidding me.  What happened to BTC being anonymous?  So I upload photo ID and read on the forums it could take 2 weeks to get verified.  I'm pretty sure it is illegal to let me deposit money but not let me withdraw it.  Time for a class action?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 01:42:39 AM

Will they tell you why it's under review?

bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 01:58:02 AM

So I have this huge cell phone bill due to an online class I had to take for work.  I logged into Gox and sold some BTC to pay the bill.  I go to withdraw to Dwolla like I have done many times and I get "Your account is currently pending review" and I need to verify.  WTF Gox?  So I decided to buy back BTC and go to another exchange to cash out.  I try to withdraw BTC and I get "Your account is currently pending review".  WTF?  I can't get USD **or** BTC out of Gox?  You have got to be kidding me.  What happened to BTC being anonymous?  So I upload photo ID and read on the forums it could take 2 weeks to get verified.  I'm pretty sure it is illegal to let me deposit money but not let me withdraw it.  Time for a class action?

How much were you trying to withdraw? If you exceeded their limits you would be put up for account review. Its not very well documented on their website but it has been discussed here.

"All methods below are subject to a withdrawal limit of 1000 USD per 24hr period and 10000 USD per 30 Day period:"
phorensic (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 02:01:59 AM

Way under the limits.  Months ago it used to be that you only had to get verified to move large amounts.  Now it seems they are requiring verification on all accounts.  My friends at work have the same verification message and they all have done under $100 in withdrawals.
bittenbob

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 02:13:31 AM

Way under the limits.  Months ago it used to be that you only had to get verified to move large amounts.  Now it seems they are requiring verification on all accounts.  My friends at work have the same verification message and they all have done under $100 in withdrawals.

That's rather disturbing. I have some money on there and plan to withdraw it to buy a new gfx card to supplement my mining rig. MagicalTux do you care to comment on this?

Is it possible that you or your friends was connected through the TOR network or through a proxy? This would trigger a verification request.
bittenbob

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 03:31:22 AM

It would be helpful to answer if you have logged onto your MTGox account while on TOR or a proxy. It could very easily be done and would explain the verification request. If you do not answer then I am unsure of whether or not I should be worried by your predicament. It is unfortunate nonetheless and requires a little more than photocopied ID's.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 03:52:40 AM

Also, if it was "for work", then I would assume that your employer should reimburse you for the bill.

The gox verification is getting more and more onerous by the day though.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 03:55:20 AM

I figured this was coming when Gox first started hinting at some kind of ID stuff, and got out while I still could.

Even huge ponzi schemes like Brian Marsden's ended up doing all this paperwork crap so it was pretty obvious Gox was going to have to eventually.

It didn't help the ponzis but maybe it will help bitcoin exchanges.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
phorensic (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 04:11:38 AM

Also, if it was "for work", then I would assume that your employer should reimburse you for the bill.

They denied 2 sets of expense reports related to that online class....  Polishing up my resume this week, selling my truck, bought a motorcycle to save money, etc.  They bankrupted me.

Oh, and to answer a previous persons question.  I have never accessed Gox with Tor or a proxy.
bittenbob

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 04:53:18 AM

They denied 2 sets of expense reports related to that online class....  Polishing up my resume this week, selling my truck, bought a motorcycle to save money, etc.  They bankrupted me.

Oh, and to answer a previous persons question.  I have never accessed Gox with Tor or a proxy.

I added your post to the AML thread and that is definitely strange if you haven't accessed it through those means. As far as schools go I learned a long time ago that they are businesses first and educational institutions second. I hope you can make it through your school  and get whatever it is you are working towards.

I know MagicalTux is on these forums as a user (the MT in MTGox). It would be nice if he could comment on why this seems to be happening more often and perhaps even on a specific basis in your case. You could always try messaging him to see what the response is.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 04:56:48 AM

I know MagicalTux is on these forums as a user (the MT in MTGox).
Lol. MTGOX means Magic The Gathering Online eXchange. MagicalTux (Mark Karpeles) is not the guy that started it, but rather is the guy that bought it out.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bittenbob

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 05:56:00 AM

I know MagicalTux is on these forums as a user (the MT in MTGox).
Lol. MTGOX means Magic The Gathering Online eXchange. MagicalTux (Mark Karpeles) is not the guy that started it, but rather is the guy that bought it out.

Color me embarrassed. I guess I haven't been involved with Bitcoins long enough to learn this. I always assumed it was because of the MagicalTux and will no longer refer to it as that. My cousin is actually a huge Magic The Gathering enthusiast and this might help to draw him and his friends to Bitcoins.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 06:21:45 AM

GOXED hard

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
phorensic (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:04:41 AM

Finally got around to submitting a help desk ticket on Gox.  We will see how this goes.
phorensic (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:16:58 AM

My original verification submission was denied because I don't own the house I live in and rent a room in, so I don't have utility bills.  The response email contains CRITICAL information that is not listed on MtGox.com during the verification process.  Apparently they have relaxed the AML requirements and will take something such as a cell phone bill, of which I have and it matches my photo ID address.  Let's see if I can push this through now.

E-mail sent to me below:

Dear phorensic,

We regret to inform you that the identification documentation you have submitted has been reviewed, and your request has been temporarily denied.

Reasons(s)

No utility bill or residency certificate has been provided with this application.

Please provide one of the following:

- Monthly utility bill
- Internet Bill
- Cellphone Bill
- Tax Return document
- Residency Certificate
- Voting registration form
- Medical insurance

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it would be greatly appreciated if you resubmit the requested clarification(s) above.

Otherwise, if you would like to make further enquiries in relation to this, please do not hesitate to contact Mt.Gox Support.
Mt.Gox_Natalie

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:18:35 AM

My original verification submission was denied because I don't own the house I live in and rent a room in, so I don't have utility bills.  The response email contains CRITICAL information that is not listed on MtGox.com during the verification process.  Apparently they have relaxed the AML requirements and will take something such as a cell phone bill, of which I have and it matches my photo ID address.  Let's see if I can push this through now.

E-mail sent to me below:

Dear phorensic,

We regret to inform you that the identification documentation you have submitted has been reviewed, and your request has been temporarily denied.

Reasons(s)

No utility bill or residency certificate has been provided with this application.

Please provide one of the following:

- Monthly utility bill
- Internet Bill
- Cellphone Bill
- Tax Return document
- Residency Certificate
- Voting registration form
- Medical insurance

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it would be greatly appreciated if you resubmit the requested clarification(s) above.

Otherwise, if you would like to make further enquiries in relation to this, please do not hesitate to contact Mt.Gox Support.

Hello,

Please submit your phone bill that has your name and current address which has been issued within the last 3 months and we will make sure that the AML team reviews your documents again today.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation. 
Mt.Gox_Natalie

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:22:04 AM

Hello,

We see that your documents have been approved by the AML team.  If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again.
phorensic (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:23:45 AM

Submitted my cell phone bill with a matching address to my photo ID.  And within a couple minutes I'm golden.  Thanks Gox, that was fast.

Code:
Dear phorensic,

We are pleased to inform you that the identification documentation you have submitted has been reviewed, and your account has been upgraded to "Verified" status.

If you would like to request a withdrawal limit increase (up to 10x your current daily limit, and up to 5x your current monthly limit), please reply back to this email with the below.

Wallet (BTC/USD/ETC):
New Daily Limit:

Wallet (USD/EUR/ETC):
New Monthly Limit:

We sincerely apologize for the delays and any inconvenience which you have suffered in relation to the account verification process. If you continue to experience any issues, please do not hesitate to contact Mt.Gox Support.

P.S. You can close my help desk ticket  Wink
bittenbob

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:36:38 AM

I am glad to see you were able to resolve this issue.

If I were to be required to submit AML  documents the only thing I have with my address is a credit card bill. I would want to black out my number obviously and probably my transactions since that is no one elses business. Would that be an issue?
phorensic (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:40:21 AM

I don't know about Gox, but I was setting up a Paxum account and they have stricter AML/KYC rules.  They said if you black anything out it will fail verification.  They (Paxum, again) also go total nazi on the requirements and say it has to be in full color, can't touch the edges of the document, has to be centered, has to be ultra high resolution, etc, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: