Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:09:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: who are the youngest bitcoin millionaires?  (Read 3446 times)
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 11:35:55 PM

I bet there are some millionaires in mom's basement, teens who have BTC but don't know what to do with it.  Think about when you were younger, it would be hard to figur eout how to sell it, and do things like taxes, and your parents would be all over your case to figure out what BTC even is...

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Davis14

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:37:32 PM

My early childhood my family was set upper middle class then the crash of 08 happened and we have finally gotten better now.

*Link Removed*  [url=h
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 11:53:54 PM

While I was an early Bitcoin adopter, I didn't follow my own heart and therefore can only imagine the freedom of wealth as I still must spend my days in chains.
I'm truly sorry to hear you still struggle under the chains of wage-slavery.

Know that it is not poverty that enslaves you, but your belief in their system, the system with which they control you. Our collective belief in capitalism is what makes us, collectively, slaves.

Just like the value of the dollar and the Bitcoin, it's real because we make it real, every single day, day after day.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:56:36 AM

IMO, the younger you are when you become a millionaire, the more likely you are to burn through the money and end up back at ground zero...

Agreed.

I imagine that only after years of grinding away your soul as a slave making someone else rich can one possible
appreciate the freedom that wealth can bring. While I was an early Bitcoin adopter, I didn't follow my own heart and therefore can only imagine the freedom of wealth as I still must spend my days in chains.

Lesson to all you young folk out there, FOLLOW THE FUCKING WHITE RABBIT   Cool

"I imagine that only after years of grinding away your soul as a slave making someone else rich can one possible
appreciate the freedom that wealth can bring."

This is golden goldest of goldie words man!..great  and true..have you quoted from any book?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:08:41 AM

I bet there are some millionaires in mom's basement, teens who have BTC but don't know what to do with it.  Think about when you were younger, it would be hard to figur eout how to sell it, and do things like taxes, and your parents would be all over your case to figure out what BTC even is...

It would be a very disciplined teen to have held on since the early days. I'll bet an awful lot of coins were squandered or lost long before we reached today's price levels. It must be a sweet feeling if they did sit tight.
CCG

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:11:11 AM

My sons friend was. . .

. . . I was his best friend.  He was going to be my best man at my wedding. . .

Your friend? Or your son's friend?

Sounds a bit fishy.

My son's best friend. I was like a second father to him. CCG is used by myself and my son. CCG is the name of our company.  He passed away and no one was able to access his coins.  He gave my Son a paper wallet with a number and private key on it that no one has been able to figure out. He had his coins spread around. His parents have tried to locate any information (missing journal) to be able to get them. No luck. I don't know why people are so fast to judge in a Negative way.  We have worked with his family and its sad that he didn't leave something behind that could show his family how to obtain the coins.  Oh, well.  I know that in my will I will be putting specific information to my family on how to access my coins.
BitcoinPLZ

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:11:32 AM

I'm 19 right now, and accumulating as much BTC as I can.  Got into Bitcoin in November 2013.

Maybe I'll check back into this thread in a couple of years time and let you all know how it is to be an early 20s Bitcoin millionaire.   Grin Grin
cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:43:28 AM

Your're never to young to be successful, don't let all the bitter people replying here make you think otherwise.
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:57:35 AM

I'm 19 right now, and accumulating as much BTC as I can.  Got into Bitcoin in November 2013.

Maybe I'll check back into this thread in a couple of years time and let you all know how it is to be an early 20s Bitcoin millionaire.   Grin Grin

Wish you become a millionaire within 2 years so we can know what it means to be a young bitcoin millionaire
miragecash

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:54:13 AM

The bees brothers? Maybe?
solimi

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:38:04 AM

Bitcoin Millionaire produce also gradually after everyone accepts natural product, if you put aside the base of the pyramid to imagine that all of a sudden become a millionaire, that is unrealistic.
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 08:05:38 AM

It would be a very disciplined teen to have held on since the early days. I'll bet an awful lot of coins were squandered or lost long before we reached today's price levels. It must be a sweet feeling if they did sit tight.

I started hoarding silver coins when I was seven. My grandpa taught me collect them from change. I didn't understand about inflation though till I was about 10 and didn't understand the why of inflation till I was about 12.

Another relative told me to save money in a bank earning about 3% interest. He put $5 in it for me. In about 5 years, it was only about $5.79. I noticed that the price of a candy bar had gone from 5 pennies to 25 pennies. It was then that I realized that saving money in the bank was a really bad idea. Only saved silver after that. I had over $300 in silver coins by the time I was 18. Sold most of them around $40 an ounce around 1979 just before the Hunt Brother fiasco. My parents needed the money to save their home.

I was upset that they never paid me back, but just let it go. Over 30 years later though, they gave me a piece of property in Hawaii with a cabin on it. So I guess saving that silver paid off in the long run after all.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 08:59:15 AM

There is no way anyone will verify who the youngest btc millionaire will be. Ask yourself, if you're young and that rich, why would you flaunt your wealth? Part of holding btc is the semi-anonymity.

Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:48:13 PM

Your're never to young to be successful, don't let all the bitter people replying here make you think otherwise.

I doubt anyone here is saying that one can be too young to be successful. More, that it takes a great deal of discipline to appreciate and retain that wealth at a young age, and that it may be much more appreciated if you once were without.

To test that premise, spend the next 5 days fasting. At the end of that time, eat a meal of the food you most despise in life. It will be the best meal you ever had. 
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:25:00 PM

While I was an early Bitcoin adopter, I didn't follow my own heart and therefore can only imagine the freedom of wealth as I still must spend my days in chains.
I'm truly sorry to hear you still struggle under the chains of wage-slavery.

Know that it is not poverty that enslaves you, but your belief in their system, the system with which they control you. Our collective belief in capitalism is what makes us, collectively, slaves.

Just like the value of the dollar and the Bitcoin, it's real because we make it real, every single day, day after day.

I've NEVER believed it, even as a child. Maybe that makes my chains heavier  Smiley  Still, I can now see freedom close ahead!
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:29:50 PM

becoming a millionaire in the age of 19 and 20 I think is the luckiest thing on this planet
That does sound fun! It also sounds a little like a story that ends with an overdose in a swanky hotel room.  Cheesy

+1

Only if the people knew... the depth of this statement.

By the way, I think Theymos & Charlie Shrem are 2 millionaire.

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:01:29 AM

There is no way anyone will verify who the youngest btc millionaire will be. Ask yourself, if you're young and that rich, why would you flaunt your wealth? Part of holding btc is the semi-anonymity.

well, if you're young, there are higher chances that you are dumb. it wouldn't be outrageous to see a young person go baller status.
BitPhotos

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 12:17:26 AM

well im 15 (16 in a month) so i mean if everyone on the forum can donate a bitcoin to me il gladly share how it feels to be a teenage millionaire lol

Satosh¡ Slot

Activity: 164

Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 04:27:33 AM

While I haven't been around the block for that long on this planet I know that I wouldn't blow through my money on crack and hookers with I became a massively wealthy.

You mean you haven't been around the blockchain for that long? Wink

Satosh¡ Slot

Activity: 164

Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 04:36:12 AM

Technically, the current system is not capitalism... rather a mix of social liberalism and corporatism (you can lookup the definition of the words). I get your point though. Everyone actually trying to pay the mortgage and bills on time is indeed a slave.

But if you're really against capitalism, I doubt you find Bitcoin very useful.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: