Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Single Bitcoin will Worth $100K - Do You Believe it?  (Read 13551 times)
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:16:56 PM

Before it reaches $100k, most people would have sold it all. That will just leave a minority group holding lots of bitcoin. Less people use bitcoin to transact, it becomes useless.

Yes right, come up with a stupid premise and build silly deductions on top of that great! Like: "Before it reaches $100k, every person on earth will have some coins. That will have the coins equally spread out, and allow everybody transact over internet and nobody will be too rich or too poor."

When it becomes obvious to everyone that they should really buy some, then they will. At which point it will become obvious to everyone that they should really buy some...

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:00:09 PM

When it becomes obvious to everyone that they should really buy some, then they will. At which point it will become obvious to everyone that they should really buy some...

Smiley

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:43:35 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 06:55:09 PM by Torque

BitCoin will never probably go that high as it will face competition from newer better altcoins. The total market capitalization of all cryptocoins is expected to increase exponentially but BitCoin's share will gradually decrease.

And you base this assumption on what proof?  What evidence exactly?  Oh wait..

(Oh and btw, Bitcoin is completely programmable, constantly being evolved, and can incorporate new features, including those of any alt coin, at any time in the future.  Making said alt coin obsolete.  And.. "Shhh! Be quiet! Don't tell him that, we don't want that secret to get out!"... oh ok)
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:56:27 PM

Market cap would be over a trillion.  Not inconceivable several years down the road.
K128kevin2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:00:29 PM

I think that if bitcoin became the most used currency in the world it is possible that one bitcoin's value would be somewhere around there. I think that if this were to happen, however, it wouldn't be for at least like 10 ish years.
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:56:28 PM

It will probably happen.
the only problem is that when it happens its likely that 100,000$ will only buy you a loaf of bread.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:12:37 PM

Still far easier than trying to get an altcoin accepted by the mainstream. And once that new altcoin becomes outdated repeat the whole process again with yet another altcoin. And with mainstream I also mean venture capital, big industries (both online and offline), a lot of small industries, your local supermarket, etc.

Simply not gunna happen.

There's a reason coin map only shows the location of physical shops that accept bitcoin and lite coin. Because these are the two original coins and even lite coin does not come close to bitcoin.

After a few years there will most likely not be many Altcoins to begin with

If someone can find a way to really tie in the coins together, I think that could help though. For example, allow people to buy services or items using *any* currency and have it automatically calculate the cost (I guess based on exchanges or something). I haven't fully thought through the idea yet but I am sure there are things people can come up with to help bring the coins, as a whole, closer together.

I do agree that it's going to be a long journey though!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:56:26 PM

It will probably happen.
the only problem is that when it happens its likely that 100,000$ will only buy you a loaf of bread.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:57:36 PM

It will probably happen.

In other words... NOW IS THE TIME TO INVEST IN BREAD! YOU'LL BE A BILLIONAIRE!

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:58:31 PM

xD... i dont know, back in 2013 i had not believe it but then when everybody was expecting ltc to go 5 usd and it went to 30.. now i think everything is possible with bitcoin and criptocurrencies.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 12:00:42 AM

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:29:04 AM

Market cap would be over a trillion.  Not inconceivable several years down the road.

That is almost the combined market cap of Paypal + Visa + Master + Western Union. So I wouldn't say that it is impossible. But a 200x valuation is extremely unlikely for many years from now.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:36:49 AM

it's been so dapper with BTC for the past 3 months.. i'm waiting or things to heat up in the summer. speculating a far off number like $100k is too far in the future for me to even consider. i just want to see it rally up a little bit for the time being.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:40:01 AM

it's been so dapper with BTC for the past 3 months.. i'm waiting or things to heat up in the summer. speculating a far off number like $100k is too far in the future for me to even consider. i just want to see it rally up a little bit for the time being.

If it goes back to the ATH, I'd be happy with that. Until we hit that we're obviously not going to move forward. I think for all intents and purposes, while I do believe that BTC will increase many times what it has so far, we need to be shooting for just the ATH right now (which was like what, 1.2k).

Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:13:55 AM

I am bullish on this and I don't think Dixon's estimates are too far off. A lot can happen in the next 5 years and the magnitude could be enormous. Big changes can mean big things include major shifts upwards in prices, so $100K is doable, but maybe in excess of 5 years.
RandomPedestrianN9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:43:50 AM

TO DA MOON! CHOO CHOO! CCMF!  1 000 000 USD by the end of week! Who disagrees is FUD spreader!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:46:31 AM

TO DA MOON! CHOO CHOO! CCMF!  1 000 000 USD by the end of week! Who disagrees is FUD spreader!

If you feel this confident, I'll sell you all of my BTCs right now at only $999,000. You'll make a profit of 1k per coin!

RandomPedestrianN9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:47:27 AM

If you feel this confident, I'll sell you all of my BTCs right now at only $999,000. You'll make a profit of 1k per coin!
ALLRIGHT! WEAK HANDS SHAKED! YEAH!
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 02:26:25 PM

why not? Cheesy
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:52:11 PM

That is almost the combined market cap of Paypal + Visa + Master + Western Union. So I wouldn't say that it is impossible. But a 200x valuation is extremely unlikely for many years from now.

Exactly.  This would be very difficult to achieve in less than 25 or more years.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: