Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:51:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Single Bitcoin will Worth $100K - Do You Believe it?  (Read 13546 times)
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:22:56 PM

the price of Bitcoin is exceeding 64 bitcorns on the last day of June..
A nice prediction by a sad uni professor (Mr. Willams) that 1BTC=1bitcorn ($10) in June 2014
I think that he is to be make fun off until the end of bitcoin...

Hahaha, 10 dollars= 1 bitcorn is hilarious, I'm adopting that.

I think he is officially wrong in half of the world now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:28:32 PM

When did he make that prediction? 

Can't really laugh at people for making guesses though...And thats all it is, a guess on what will happen to the price!
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:51:44 PM

it's funny when it comes from a professor who teaches economy though. And the fact that it was so obviously wrong even at the time he predicted it.

In fact most people would probably take him more seriously if he predicted $10 per millibitcoin.
bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:02:05 PM

When did he make that prediction? 

Can't really laugh at people for making guesses though...And thats all it is, a guess on what will happen to the price!

You don't think a professor should be able to at least make a qualified guess on something in his area of expertise, a guess that is more than a total joke from day one?
BTCINVESTOR

Activity: 176
Merit: 101

Cryptographic money will be the bedrock in time.

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:16:51 AM

I don't think we will see it hit $100,000 although I would love to see it. I suspect that altcoins and upgrades to math based currencies will bleed away a lot of bitcoin's marketshare over time. I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit 20-30K though.

Math based currencies will supplant all sovereign currencies over time. Buy them now.
Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:59:01 AM

So much talking about the price, why you don't just accept Bitcoin as a new innovative and amazing economy step for humanity ? 
Hexcoin

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:28:26 AM

100K, can't say anything about this but
we will see price over $2000 mark this year
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:10:18 PM

oh it will be few millions.
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 07:47:32 PM

I am a believer. I really hope so also cause I have a nice amount of bit coins.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:02:26 PM

it's funny when it comes from a professor who teaches economy though. And the fact that it was so obviously wrong even at the time he predicted it.

In fact most people would probably take him more seriously if he predicted $10 per millibitcoin.

10,000 per bitcoin is more realistic, at least at short term, in future years we dont know what will happen to fiat empires.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:55:37 PM

A nice prediction by a sad uni professor (Mr. Willams) that 1BTC=1bitcorn ($10) in June 2014

I'm bullish on the future of BTC, but I still think it is far more likely that we see $10 before we see $100,000
williamj2543

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 08:58:04 PM

I'm bullish on the future of BTC, but I still think it is far more likely that we see $10 before we see $100,000
Realistically I see it sitting at either 100, 1,000, or 100,000 dollars. I don't see it being a random number because I think you should be able to easily convert it in your head. Out of those 3 I think that it will most likely be 1,000, but I'm not an expert or anything.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 02:43:30 AM

If you are bullish how can you ever think BTC will go to $10 before $100,000?

The chance that the price will fall to $10 is almost zero. Even if SHA-256 is cracked it will be replaced fast by SHA-512 or whatever and there would be bigger problems in the world.

Previous bubbles have shown that there is just so much demand for BTC, after each new high there are higher lows and it's even very unlikely $330 will be seen again.

Along with all the great news lately how do you think it is far more likely?
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:51:16 AM

If you are bullish how can you ever think BTC will go to $10 before $100,000?

The chance that the price will fall to $10 is almost zero. Even if SHA-256 is cracked it will be replaced fast by SHA-512 or whatever and there would be bigger problems in the world.

Previous bubbles have shown that there is just so much demand for BTC, after each new high there are higher lows and it's even very unlikely $330 will be seen again.

Along with all the great news lately how do you think it is far more likely?

Should know by now any event is possible however unlikely it is.

Has it occur to anyone that Fannie Mae, which is backed by US government, a company with close to 100 billion market cap before 2008, will go bankrupt and need bail out from taxpayer?
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:10:22 AM

Inflation alone should tell you that going that low isn't very likely. I'd consider that statement to be beyond bearish to say the least. I doubt all this investment money pouring in now and in the future spells anything even close to what you're envisioning.
williamj2543

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 03:29:47 PM

My opinion is that either bitcoin is worth nothing, or worth a lot. If bitcoin can't work as a currency it will be worth a low amount, and if it is used as a global currency used by a lot of people, the market cap has to be in the ten to a hundred billions, or even trillions, meaning that a bitcoin has to be worth a lot more than 600$

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 03:39:14 PM

pretty sure crypto is the future of money... its only a matter of time, crypto is far superior, its the next logical step, it wouldn't make sense to stick to fiat for very much longer, fiat has some serious security holes, easily taken adv of, always in a state of collapse, not good for the economy, and once you go crypto you never go back, so....  Cool

arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:35:12 AM

pretty sure crypto is the future of money... its only a matter of time, crypto is far superior, its the next logical step, it wouldn't make sense to stick to fiat for very much longer, fiat has some serious security holes, easily taken adv of, always in a state of collapse, not good for the economy, and once you go crypto you never go back, so....  Cool

That we all agree.

Question is which crypto?
williamj2543

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:37:45 AM

Probably bitcoin, but possible an altcoin could surpass it if it has just the right features to be a currency.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:03:36 AM

Question is which crypto?
Probably bitcoin, but possible an altcoin could surpass it if it has just the right features to be a currency.

First identify the 'right' features or focus, if the qualities to look for are known, then it will make identifying the potential currencies easier.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: