Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:36:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wages in btc  (Read 1388 times)
jago25_98 (OP)

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 04:31:44 AM

so, i want to get paid in bitcoin.

How do i approach the subject?

Best case scenario, let's imagine I'm a subcontractor employed by a company i own that gets some of it's work from a work agency. How does one float the idea without getting laughed out the room?

I know people who've had choice of EUR, USD & GBP but that's the biggest choice I've seen; it's uaully dollars vs euros.

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 05:49:57 AM

imagine I'm a subcontractor employed by a company i own
Well, seems pretty simple.  Your own company converts your USD wages to bitcoins and sends them to you.  

Or did you mean to ask how to get paid by the work agency in bitcoins?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 06:39:00 AM

You can either work for people that already "get" bitcoin, or you can try to convince them.

Keep in mind that people have gone to prison for using alternate payment systems (mostly to evade taxes), so don't expect this to be easy.  But all cases like that, so far as I'm aware, have been about evading taxes on wages, or by kooks thinking that they can establish allodial titles by dubious means, so a straight contract for BTC should be just as legal as one for comic books (or whatever), so long as taxes are paid properly.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
bitbetter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I want to feel your empty heart.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 04:49:56 PM

just convert your wage into bitcoin

BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2012, 11:09:17 PM

just convert your wage into bitcoin

This is the most practical. You are going to need some of it in dollars anyway right?

If it was reasonable for the company to earn some revenue in bitcoins maybe mention that you'd be willing to take them as pay at market value. Perhaps eventually you can get them to commit to an amount denominated completely or partially in bitcoins instead of just paying the dollars owed via bitcoin.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: