Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:48:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe Brock Pierce is good or bad for the advancement of Bitcoin?
Good
Bad

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All things considered Brock Pierce, et al.! [w/POLL]  (Read 52293 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 12:00:37 AM

The following quote by buffalodoge further expands upon the OP, of which I have gleaned so much more info, i.e. Charlie the Unicorn (you laugh now, but wait and see).

Too tired to paste links right now but gez wut?

Steve Beauregard was in London on May 8 for a Bitcoin conference. As you may recall, a certain other special someone was in London on May 8... (hint: he's a ginger pedo mastermind)

I've also just about cracked the mystery of Buffalo JA:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/02/anand-jon-alexander-sentenced_n_2999697.html

Anand. Jon. Alexander. J motherfucking A. That's why they're always laughing about "BUFFALO JA ASS DESTROY IN JAIL FOREVER JAJAJAJA". There's even one comment about Buffalo JA that refers to him as "Alexander".

Peep this tho:

http://bitcoinowl.com/my-visit-bitropolis-la-bitcoin-incubation-space

Read the entire comment history for "KF" down below the article - that's Ken Feldman, Bittopia mainstay and erstwhile camping buddy of Autumn Radtke.

You'll see he commented on an article about one of his bros getting arrested for drugging and raping a model during a "photoshoot" - and recording it all on video! Deceiving and raping young models that he lured in with his flashy playboy lifestyle and coked-out promises of success (sound familiar?)
http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2012/05/14/judd-weiss-bel-air-party-boy-arrested-for-alleged-sex-assault-took-sexy-photos

Kenny goes so far as to mention that Judd was totally NOT the same as Anand, who he was also friends with. Everyone knew Anand was sleazy and probably raped dozens of teenage girls (he's serving 50+ years for that now), but JUDD....Kenny just can't believe it!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means Ken Feldman has admitted to being friends with three alleged and/or convicted serial rapists. Two of those three prefer their victims young.

Maybe some new friends are in order?

Also, LOL that the CEO of CoinMKT hasn't been arrested by the FBI yet. What kind of exchange hides their trading charts unless you open an account?

Laugh riot: http://bittrust.org/coinmktcom

With dazzling interview subjects like these, it makes me wonder who runs BitPravda- sorry, "BitcoinOwl.com".

reality...lol

http://bittrust.org/coinmktcom

Ken F - December 12, 2013

I signed up with CoinMKT several weeks ago. I took a cautious approach by depositing small batches of coin. I had problems with coin withdraws nor did I get any restrictions as some here have stated. Most coin deposits showed up in the account in less then 20 minutes. I did have a problem with canceling a trade and it took several hours for funds to be returned. I sent an email about the issue and Travis looked into it and problem was resolved. I requested a cash withdraw via a direct deposit but the funds failed to show up after several days. I contacted support and again, Travis informed me that Wire Transfers were not available at the time but I would be sent money orders instead. While it took some time, the money orders did arrive as stated. I would like to see the Wire Transfer for USD withdraws operational. Well done CoinMKT!

"Thanks for lunch, bud. BTW, which one of us is paying the tab via our VC's funding, yours or mine?"
"I guess I will since I can see your office from mine outta my third floor window thanks to GoCoin's VC."
<in unison> "JaJaJaJA"
"Well, back to the office to pen that CoinMKT trust thingie you requested."
"Tell Brock I said hey."

I, Bruno Kucinskas, will suck a 1,000 camel dicks if proven that the above, or something very similar, didn't take place.

EDIT (prior to posting): I just remember something. They were both in the same office at the time of what I quoted above was penned, which makes it that much more sicker.

EDIT 2 (prior to posting): Does this now mean I have to suck...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 12:09:02 AM

You have summed it up very nicely. I am in 100% agreement that Brock is building a closed Bitcoin ecosystem for himself and his buddies.

We saw the same thing with Mark Karpeles aka Tibanne ltd. aka kalyhost aka MtGox aka The Bitcoin Foundation aka Huh

Most of these entities were housed in the same building too.

Go Coin ----> Gox Coin is this a coincidence?

Xtib

Thanks, bud, but please be aware that it's no longer just me bringing this important issue to the forefront. With the exception of 3-4 mundane posts on this forum mentioning Brock Pierce, aren't you surprised to not read more about him considering all he's been doing behind the scenes, as well in the foreground of advancing Bitcoin, in spite of the keen marketing entities he's attached to and has been using most efficiently? Hell, those closely associated with him have been on this forum for years, yet nary a peep outta them, then wham bam thank you ma'am, he's on the TBF board of directors, along with Kevin Beardsley as the new Director of Membership, of which he's not even a member of TBF, let alone me finding him mentioning anything Bitcoin related prior to April of this year.

I did find on article written by Kevin Beardsley that gave his position on Bitcoin. It is called Decoding Disruption:Retail Finance. Here is the link below
Kevins position on Bitcoin is HOLD.

http://www.fahrenheit-212.com/decoding-disruption-innovation-retail-finance/

Xtib

September, 2013.

Thanks, bud. I already knew he was part of F212 and seen that, just now getting the date via archive.org.

Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin)

What it is: Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency that exists independent of any central authority (e.g., the US Treasury). It is regulated by a computer algorithm and maintained by a global peer-to-peer network.

The metric applied: Bitcoin’s popular application as a currency for illicit purchases indicates that it can unlock new transactions for an underserved group of consumers. However, in order to be a game-changer it needs to demonstrate mainstream applications that are federally sanctioned.

For example: Could Bitcoin unlock a fundamentally more efficient way to scale transactions at the micro level (e.g. Below $1, as Coinbase is attempting)? Or perhaps it could provide access to a store of wealth and unlock new transactions among the world’s unbanked?

Conclusion: Hold. We are optimistic, but it’s too early to tell.
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:57:19 AM

Since B.P. already sits on the BTCfoundation board it looks as he wants to take exactly the place of M. Karpeles. So next he is gonna run Mt. Gox with his 1 BTC offer.
All this makes B.P. and his gang for me the nr. 1 suspect to have robbed Mt Gox empty in the first place, just to buy it all back cleared for 1 BTC. So obvious that no one would believe it. Unbelievable. Quite a big laundry to put in one machine.

A more realistic version is that Mark has sent the coins to them, or Mark holds it but is behind them all.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:14:03 AM

wouldn't starting another pro bitcoin institution work to mute the bitcoin foundation's position as "the official group that represents bitcoin?" i mean, if you didn't know anything about bitcoin and heard about the foundation, you'd think they actually had a pretty significant influence on btc. it would be a good option for big players in the BTC market to go to if they don't feel like raping boys or stealing money from people.
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:34:36 AM

Since B.P. already sits on the BTCfoundation board it looks as he wants to take exactly the place of M. Karpeles. So next he is gonna run Mt. Gox with his 1 BTC offer.
All this makes B.P. and his gang for me the nr. 1 suspect to have robbed Mt Gox empty in the first place, just to buy it all back cleared for 1 BTC. So obvious that no one would believe it. Unbelievable. Quite a big laundry to put in one machine.

A more realistic version is that Mark has sent the coins to them, or Mark holds it but is behind them all.

YES! We already know Mark Karpeles transferred his ownership of the domain name www.bitcoinfoundation.org to Gavin just a few days before he filed for bankruptcy in Japan.
Gavin's credibility went to zero in my mind when he accepted that asset from Mark.
It leads to the next obvious question...Did Mark transfer the 650 k bitcoins to the foundation as well?
Is that why the foundation does not produce any financial reports for the members to review?

Xtib

I can only think the bitcoin foundation is in the Gox scam with Mark(the evidence amount is large), no matter who is holding the coins i think they are planning some way to launder the money, could be B.P. , and then everyone will get his part on it. I just hope the FBI is active on the case and they fail.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 02:48:38 AM

wouldn't starting another pro bitcoin institution work to mute the bitcoin foundation's position as "the official group that represents bitcoin?" i mean, if you didn't know anything about bitcoin and heard about the foundation, you'd think they actually had a pretty significant influence on btc. it would be a good option for big players in the BTC market to go to if they don't feel like raping boys or stealing money from people.

You forgot lacing their alcoholic drinks with drugs and holding them at gunpoint. But hey, that was 15 years ago, and time on a Spanish beach where the age limit for consensual sex is in the low teens changes people for the better, albeit better for them.

BTW, does anybody know of a good 3D modeler that can reproduce the following image soon to be a meme?

This is what I have in mind:

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 02:51:00 AM

YES! We already know Mark Karpeles transferred his ownership of the domain name www.bitcoinfoundation.org to Gavin just a few days before he filed for bankruptcy in Japan.
Gavin's credibility went to zero in my mind when he accepted that asset from Mark.
It leads to the next obvious question...Did Mark transfer the 650 k bitcoins to the foundation as well?
Is that why the foundation does not produce any financial reports for the members to review?

Xtib

I can only think the bitcoin foundation is in the Gox scam with Mark(the evidence amount is large), no matter who is holding the coins i think they are planning some way to launder the money, could be B.P. , and then everyone will get his part on it. I just hope the FBI is active on the case and they fail.
For all we know these scammers may be behind the disappearance of Satoshi Nakamoto. They saw the opportunity and silenced him? Then memorialized him their bilaws? Let's see who was the last person to have contact with Satoshi?
Xtib

That'll be Gavin, hence stepping down from TBF to not taint the org. while he's under investigation.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:36:07 AM

You forgot lacing their alcoholic drinks with drugs and holding them at gunpoint. But hey, that was 15 years ago, and time on a Spanish beach where the age limit for consensual sex is in the low teens changes people for the better, albeit better for them.

BTW, does anybody know of a good 3D modeler that can reproduce the following image soon to be a meme?

you know there's something wrong when jerry sandusky is your favorite sports figure, roman polanski is your favorite director (outside of bryan singer), and your dates tend to prefer pokemon cards over alcohol (but end up unknowingly drinking it anyway).
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 03:45:34 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 05:00:27 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

The following quote by buffalodoge further expands upon the OP, of which I have gleaned so much more info, i.e. Charlie the Unicorn (you laugh now, but wait and see).

Too tired to paste links right now but gez wut?

Steve Beauregard was in London on May 8 for a Bitcoin conference. As you may recall, a certain other special someone was in London on May 8... (hint: he's a ginger pedo mastermind)

I've also just about cracked the mystery of Buffalo JA:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/02/anand-jon-alexander-sentenced_n_2999697.html

Anand. Jon. Alexander. J motherfucking A. That's why they're always laughing about "BUFFALO JA ASS DESTROY IN JAIL FOREVER JAJAJAJA". There's even one comment about Buffalo JA that refers to him as "Alexander".

Peep this tho:

http://bitcoinowl.com/my-visit-bitropolis-la-bitcoin-incubation-space

Read the entire comment history for "KF" down below the article - that's Ken Feldman, Bittopia mainstay and erstwhile camping buddy of Autumn Radtke.

You'll see he commented on an article about one of his bros getting arrested for drugging and raping a model during a "photoshoot" - and recording it all on video! Deceiving and raping young models that he lured in with his flashy playboy lifestyle and coked-out promises of success (sound familiar?)
http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2012/05/14/judd-weiss-bel-air-party-boy-arrested-for-alleged-sex-assault-took-sexy-photos

Kenny goes so far as to mention that Judd was totally NOT the same as Anand, who he was also friends with. Everyone knew Anand was sleazy and probably raped dozens of teenage girls (he's serving 50+ years for that now), but JUDD....Kenny just can't believe it!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means Ken Feldman has admitted to being friends with three alleged and/or convicted serial rapists. Two of those three prefer their victims young.

Maybe some new friends are in order?

Also, LOL that the CEO of CoinMKT hasn't been arrested by the FBI yet. What kind of exchange hides their trading charts unless you open an account?

Laugh riot: http://bittrust.org/coinmktcom

With dazzling interview subjects like these, it makes me wonder who runs BitPravda- sorry, "BitcoinOwl.com".

reality...lol

In re. RED FLAGS at CoinMKT.com.

Hey guys (and gals),

I'm a newb here so I figured I would say hello Smiley

Anyone go to the Bitcoin2013 conference in SF last weekend? What'd you think? I thought the Legal Panel was probably the most fascinating, for example finding out that under US law....even the dollar is not clearly defined. What hope does BTC have?!? Smiley

I'm a front-end developer / designer, I've been watching and investing in crypto for about a year now, finally decided to jump into the startup space, a few partners of mine and I are building an exchange in the US called Coin Market - http://coinmkt.com, check it out if you like.

So hello again...talk soon!

-T

We need to add to the team at CoinMKT.com!

Looking for developers who knows:

C#
MsSQL
JS ( Knockout.js )

Durandal.js is a huge plus ++

We're paying cash + stock options. Come work with an innovative cryptocurrency exchange in this awesome new space. Anyone interested please PM me or email corporate ( at ) coinmkt ( dot ) com.

Thanks!

CoinMKT - December 3, 2013

You guys have to realize that exchanges don't just open up their doors and pop up with a team of 30 developers and support staff of 50.

We're an exchange with 12,000 customers, and right now a team of 3. We're working as fast as we can to fix bugs and process orders, of course many traders are unreasonable and impatient, but there's not much we can do about that. We try to adequately handle every request that comes through the door.

Travis
CEO - CoinMKT

March 24, 2013: Me and a few partners are developing Coin Market.
November 16, 2013: We're seeking experience progammers.
December 3, 2013: Look, guys, chill! Can't you see there's ONLY three us here?

Somebody, please explain to me how an entity starts off with a few good men, then hobnobs with everybody possible in the Bitcoin realm at various functions and conferences, including eager developers and programmers, but eight months later declares they're only three busy guys doing the best they can under the circumstances.

On top of that, tskweres goes gotta his way during the same time frame to dis Mt Gox for being incompetent, et al.

Apologies if you think the above is not related to Brock Pierce, when clearly it is as I further pen to connect the dots. Remember, CoinMKT is just two blocks away from GoCoin, and they once share an incubator space together, with both teams, among others, seen dinning together on the Third Street Promenade where Michael Terpin of BitAngels has one of his offices.

Note to self: Make sure to include a younger pic of myself, but not the NSFW ones, on my next Meetup page.

http://www.meetup.com/Santa-Monica-NETwork/members/8521059/
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 03:56:35 AM

you know there's something wrong when jerry sandusky is your favorite sports figure, roman polanski is your favorite director (outside of bryan singer), and your dates tend to prefer pokemon cards over alcohol (but end up unknowingly drinking it anyway).

What are the odds on having two great magicians make them, et al. disappear live on stage? It could be dubbed Operation Scorpion, for lack of a better name.

Newmine

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:44:17 AM

Can we get a tl;dr? This is way too much shit to sift through because a douche bag (Pierce) joined another group of douche bags (The Bitcoin Foundation). Is there some underlying statement you are trying to make other that he is linked to a "supposed" child molester who paid his way out of court?

If in all this information is some elaborate crime ring, don't fucking post it here! Go to the authorities! You could be giving them (the bad people) a clue that someone is on to them and now they can begin covering their tracks!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 04:49:51 AM

Can we get a tl;dr? This is way too much shit to sift through because a douche bag (Pierce) joined another group of douche bags (The Bitcoin Foundation). Is there some underlying statement you are trying to make other that he is linked to a "supposed" child molester who paid his way out of court?

If in all this information is some elaborate crime ring, don't fucking post it here! Go to the authorities! You could be giving them (the bad people) a clue that someone is on to them and now they can begin covering their tracks!

Apologies for not providing a synopsis, but there's way too much material, with more forthcoming, to ferret out the minor details, for it was the minor details that helped deepen the investigation, i.e. the Ken Feldman connection.
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:49:55 AM

Sure is quite a commitment you have going for being a "concerned citizen".  And are we to infer that this guy is actually an informant for the US government, who may or may not be shielding him from legal sanctions, so that he may gain a controlling interest (or influence) in bitcoin? 
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:12:47 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 06:58:08 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

In re. RED FLAGS at CoinMKT.com.

Hey guys (and gals),

I'm a newb here so I figured I would say hello Smiley

Anyone go to the Bitcoin2013 conference in SF last weekend? What'd you think? I thought the Legal Panel was probably the most fascinating, for example finding out that under US law....even the dollar is not clearly defined. What hope does BTC have?!? Smiley

I'm a front-end developer / designer, I've been watching and investing in crypto for about a year now, finally decided to jump into the startup space, a few partners of mine and I are building an exchange in the US called Coin Market - http://coinmkt.com, check it out if you like.

So hello again...talk soon!

-T

We need to add to the team at CoinMKT.com!

Looking for developers who knows:

C#
MsSQL
JS ( Knockout.js )

Durandal.js is a huge plus ++

We're paying cash + stock options. Come work with an innovative cryptocurrency exchange in this awesome new space. Anyone interested please PM me or email corporate ( at ) coinmkt ( dot ) com.

Thanks!

CoinMKT - December 3, 2013

You guys have to realize that exchanges don't just open up their doors and pop up with a team of 30 developers and support staff of 50.

We're an exchange with 12,000 customers, and right now a team of 3. We're working as fast as we can to fix bugs and process orders, of course many traders are unreasonable and impatient, but there's not much we can do about that. We try to adequately handle every request that comes through the door.

Travis
CEO - CoinMKT

March 24, 2013: Me and a few partners are developing Coin Market.
November 16, 2013: We're seeking experience progammers.
December 3, 2013: Look, guys, chill! Can't you see there's ONLY three us here?

Somebody, please explain to me how an entity starts off with a few good men, then hobnobs with everybody possible in the Bitcoin realm at various functions and conferences, including eager developers and programmers, but eight months later declares they're only three busy guys doing the best they can under the circumstances.

On top of that, tskweres goes gotta his way during the same time frame to dis Mt Gox for being incompetent, et al.

Apologies if you think the above is not related to Brock Pierce, when clearly it is as I further pen to connect the dots. Remember, CoinMKT is just two blocks away from GoCoin, and they once share an incubator space together, with both teams, among others, seen dinning together on the Third Street Promenade where Michael Terpin of BitAngels has one of his offices.

Note to self: Make sure to include a younger pic of myself, but not the NSFW ones, on my next Meetup page.

http://www.meetup.com/Santa-Monica-NETwork/members/8521059/

Speaking of working [ass]backwards, Travis founded Werkadoo and secured $200,000 VC while living in Houston.

All that juice, yet Werkadoo is no more. Fuckin' amazing!

Take a look at Werkadoo's impressive team (seriously, take a look at them names): http://web.archive.org/web/20120423152002/http://werkadoo.com/about_us.html

Now, read... https://www.facebook.com/Werkadoo/info

About

Werkadoo matches contract professionals to businesses based on their resume & work preferences.

http://werkadoo.com/ <Don't bother clicking the link, for the site is dead like a Monty Python parrot.>

Mission

Werkadoo's secret sauce is a unique matching algorithm we've built that matches a businesses needs with exactly the right person or team based on work compatibility and behavioral traits as well as resumes and expertise.

We call ourselves the eHarmony of Business!

Company Overview

Werkadoo is a freelance job website for the contingent professional. We connect people to open positions.

And this...https://www.linkedin.com/company/457202?trk=prof-exp-company-name

Werkadoo, Inc. is the online destination for quality. professionals and businesses to be matched and work together.

With it's unique matching technology, Werkadoo has been labeled 'The eHarmony of Business'. Professionals are matched to work from Businesses based on their resume and skills as well as seven Work Compatibility Dimensions, helping ensure a great fit.

Here we have Travis Skweres founding, owning and running Werkadoo that had an excellent team behind him, along with $200K VC in backing, that connected quality employees, via a secret sauce I may add, to businesses seeking exceptional staff, yet he comes to this forum, after already claiming to have an excellent team in place, seeking quality programmers for his CoinMKT, later crying there's only three people to handle his 12K customers, not to mention their millions of dollars and BTC.

On top of that, Travis is in bed (assume figuratively, but an argument can be made elsewise once you view his modeling photo shoots) with Brock Pierce, currently two blocks away, but once shared an incubator space overlooking the Third Street Promenade.

Yet, bitcoiners and altcoiners who probably have as much intelligence as Brock Pierce's friends and business partners, perhaps more, have entrusted Travis Skweres' CoinMKT with their precious sans doing any due diligence.

I've yet to read anything that makes me believe that CoinMKT is operating a legitimate exchange. Have you?

These are the types of people associated with Brock Pierce that make up his various teams.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:17:03 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 06:58:51 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Sure is quite a commitment you have going for being a "concerned citizen".  And are we to infer that this guy is actually an informant for the US government, who may or may not be shielding him from legal sanctions, so that he may gain a controlling interest (or influence) in bitcoin?  

There is way, way too much that Brock Pierce is involved in concerning Bitcoin that we can toss that theory outta the window with the baby... Strike that! Baby's bath water, albeit an argument could also be made that that's the secret sauce used as brew to incubate start-ups in Brock Pierce's nursery known as Bitropolis.

Government agents are known to fund operations to ferret out criminals, but I don't see them going to this extreme to accomplish some task.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 09:04:42 AM

For those who still doubt that Travis Shweres in not assoicated with Brock Pierce, this: http://www.lacasting.com/travisskweres

For the life of me I can't figure out where on that page shows that he's capable of operating an exchange, whether it concerns fiat, bitcoins, or as an hourly grunt at Walmart's service department for that matter unless, that is, figure skating and ballroom dancing are the prerequisites.

I'm guessing CoinMKT ran into a little liquidity issue after the price dip late last year, thus had to cut a deal with "The Godfather of Bitcoin". Not saying that I may have first-hand knowledge of such. I'm just saying.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:18:49 AM

"While each of these members expressed their ongoing support for bitcoin, it appears that the foundation’s association with unsavory characters – either in actuality or simply in appearance – was too much. Janssens writes:

If you commit to remove Brock Pierce from the board, I pledge to join as Platinum member and pay the $100k USD fee, within the next 24 hours. I also urge you to update the bylaws to prevent people from joining if they are involved in ongoing lawsuits (of the nasty kind), or have ever been convicted for anything nasty. Or if their image is potentially damaging for the foundation.

It’s this comment about image that gets to the heart of the issue. While Pierce has not been convicted of any crimes, the Bitcoin Foundation can’t afford even the hint of impropriety within its leadership."
http://pando.com/2014/05/12/groundhog-day-bitcoin-foundations-latest-controversial-board-nominations-lead-to-member-resignations

It's been over 4 days, is Brock Pierce gone yet?
How soon will he be removed?
Did you see the Reuters article?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 10:53:42 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 11:33:44 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

"While each of these members expressed their ongoing support for bitcoin, it appears that the foundation’s association with unsavory characters – either in actuality or simply in appearance – was too much. Janssens writes:

If you commit to remove Brock Pierce from the board, I pledge to join as Platinum member and pay the $100k USD fee, within the next 24 hours. I also urge you to update the bylaws to prevent people from joining if they are involved in ongoing lawsuits (of the nasty kind), or have ever been convicted for anything nasty. Or if their image is potentially damaging for the foundation.

It’s this comment about image that gets to the heart of the issue. While Pierce has not been convicted of any crimes, the Bitcoin Foundation can’t afford even the hint of impropriety within its leadership."
http://pando.com/2014/05/12/groundhog-day-bitcoin-foundations-latest-controversial-board-nominations-lead-to-member-resignations

It's been over 4 days, is Brock Pierce gone yet?
How soon will he be removed?
Did you see the Reuters article?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/16/us-bitcoin-foundation-resignations-idUSBREA4F02B20140516

Some Bitcoin Foundation members say they weren't aware of Pierce's past until after the election, when others circulated media accounts concerning the allegations.

Let me guess: Those people had me on ignore and missed my continuous updates starting over a week prior the election.

My guess is that the same people are using CoinMKT as an exchange for the sole reason that it's located in the US thus it has to be on the up-and-up.

Hell, some clown gave Travis Skewers a $200,000 VC to build his Werkadoo-a-doodle-doo, the next eHarmony, but only better. All he had to do was build what he hyped, then he and his venture capitalist would ROI like there's no tomorrow. But how? Well, Travis ain't no dummy, and he knew exactly where to hunt down resources to build the bestest eHarmony site known to mankind. I suggest getting some popcorn to enjoy the read: http://themeforest.net/forums/messages/recent_for_user/tskweres.

No wonder one keeps reading comments about CoinMKT like the following:

One of the most terrible user interfaces/trading engines today. Worse than Cryptsy and MtGox combined. If you make one simple mistake in a trade entry the engine will eat your entire balance and you have to e-mail their support in hopes that you can get your coins back. Their security is terrible (i.e. if you forget your password it is sent to you in plaintext and they do not have MFA)

Can you even imagine what CoinMKT would be like if Brock Pierce wasn't around to advise them? And, to think Travis Skewers had the audacity to dis Mt Gox all the while he was living up to his namesake.

URGENT UPDATE: It looks like I was gravely mistaken about Travis, for I've hunted down the proof that he does indeed have the skill sets to run a Bitcoin Stock Exchange. See if you can spot it sans any clues: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/127401502/SAMPLE-ACTING-RESUMEdoc

And, to think that I thought it was only because Brock Pierce thought that he looked good in a hot tub.

JUST FOR LAUGHS!!!

http://werkadoo.wordpress.com/

What resulted was a ton of folks in pictures with our panda, SXSW officials asking us to leave for getting so much awesome attention, news 8 Austin giving us an interview, and the panda making the front page of the business section of the Houston Chronicle! Not bad for a startup with a budget trying to make a splash at one of the biggest tech conferences on the planet. We’re just happy that people are starting to hear the werd about Werkadoo, and catching on to our philosophy of being ‘The eHarmony of Business’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbnWbdR9wSY

Aquent

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:14:12 PM

Wow. Just wow
cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:23:25 PM

Will the bitcoin foundation conference starting today be brodcasted?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: