Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:03:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-05-15] Is Bitcoin The Currency Of The Future?  (Read 691 times)
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 10:50:20 PM

An article by www.ktul.com (Tulsa's Channel 8 )

Will there ever be a replacement for the American dollar?
Right now, there are at least a dozen monetary systems, operating on the internet.
They work without any banks or government backing.
So that really appeals to some people, who don't like our traditional financial system.
The people who belong to the network, deal directly with each other through their computers.
While account holders are anonymous, all their accounts are visible to everyone on the system.
Bitcoin is the best known of the cyber alternatives.
Computer researchers, at the University of Tulsa's Tandy School of Computers Science, say the math and the technology behind the system is sound.
But the human factors involved, are another matter.
There are hackers and scam artist out there.
Plus, the cyber currencies tend to have wild value swings.
T.U. graduate student Michael Haney says he's interested in bitcoins, but he doesn't own any because the system needs time to mature.
The Bitcoin economy is set-up to have a fixed amount of money, with some of it being slowly introduced over time.
You can actually set up your personal computer, to go looking for coins on the internet.
It's called mining and you use your computer for a mathematical scavenger hunt.
Grad student, Michael Fisher, showed us the account he's built-up by mining.
But it cost money to mine and that includes buying special computer equipment.
After 2-years and paying for his mining setup, he had about $900 worth, on the day of our visit.
He can spend it a number of different websites and the options are growing rapidly.
Recently Overstock.com became the first major company, to accept bitcoins.
The involvement of big corporations, would give the system more credibility.
Tulsa's Better Business Bureau says be careful if you want to explore this new world of finance.
A lot of people have been burned by scams.

I think this is worst written article about Bitcoin I read from a long time...

Person who wrote this article have a huge lack of informations about Bitcoin.

1st -
Will there ever be a replacement for the American dollar?
 Bitcoin wasn't and it is not mentioned to be a replacement for the USD ...

2nd -
The people who belong to the network, deal directly with each other through their computers.
well.. yes and no... because as we all know, huge percent of all of the transactions are not really p2p but some 3rd p.c. are operating some of the transactions.

3rd -
After 2-years and paying for his mining setup, he had about $900 worth, on the day of our visit.
 I must ask author of this article when he was talking to him ... was it 2014 ... or not.... mining for 2 years and earn like $900 Smiley USB erupters ... Smiley

4rd -
and how many were scammed while using USD or other fiat currency???

I think we should write to them Smiley they need to inform themselves better before posting articles like this one.

Regards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:10:35 PM

2 bitcoins (~$900!) in two years?Huh Was he mining with a Timex Sinclair, TRS-80 Model 1 or and Apple ][+? Or was the reporter merely clueless?

:-)
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 11:24:10 PM

2 bitcoins (~$900!) in two years?Huh Was he mining with a Timex Sinclair, TRS-80 Model 1 or and Apple ][+? Or was the reporter merely clueless?

:-)

Indeed. This article is spreading strange informations Smiley

I do believe that there is a possibility that you will mine $900 in two years but even if - reporter should add something more about mining and/or change a person to interview Smiley ...
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:01:06 AM

It's called mining and you use your computer for a mathematical scavenger hunt.

Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off!

...... And breathe!
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:25:59 AM

You can actually set up your personal computer, to go looking for coins on the internet.
^^^ That sounds funny:
Is there a treasure map I can scan to help my computer with the search?  Smiley

...... And breathe!

erono

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:16:18 AM

In the Future , yes you can make more money with Bitcoin investments, but the fundamental must remains intact.

aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:58:37 PM

Bizarre writing style in addition to the hopeless content. Perhaps the author is paid, by the comma.   Wink

Fire that intern!

polunna

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:15:52 AM

How many cases of bank robberies and forgeries been in history?

PS IMO, this article is really strange  Undecided
lovegood

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:17:37 PM

This is non-informative article. The author has almost no idea about Bitcoins and its Benefits
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: