Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:58:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sick of meaningless alts, so lets PLAN a MEANINGFUL one  (Read 671 times)
BitcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:33:13 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 12:25:30 PM by BitcoinUK

Ok Guys, here is the plan you shout out (post below) what you would like to see in a new altcoin and I will get it made. But first, read on as i have the ball already rolling in the right direction.

Services in production so far:
localbitcoins clone that does bitcoins and ofcourse this altcoin for fiat
blockexplorer
webwallet
qt client
electrum client
couple gambing games.

Most have a theme, as my name suggests, i am a Brit and very proud of that fact. Thus im thinking that this coin should be used around the UK, as it would be easier for me and my team to manage and support it long term if it’s in my country. After all no point making something for New Zealand while everyone involved is British, is there.

Now I’m thinking 100% proof of stake, as it seems to be the popular choice these days (don’t worry nothing is set in stone and we appreciate your opinions and replies). And going back to basics with litecoin protocol clone.
i have already been speaking to some UK real world merchants that are or have adopted bitcoin and are willing to also accept this coin too, i was thinking that a proud to be British coin is something needed and can be easily sold to British bitcoin merchants to also offer (which as i said, the ones i have spoken to already have shown interest).

As for things like bounties and giveaways, obviously if we premined and hoarded for a month or so (like other coins have) the end result is the hoard gets most of the rewards per block. So i think that setting a 1% premine (I know there are promotion costs and setup costs so it can’t be 0% though I wish) but having it sold as 0.001% increments before public launch so that it is sold off to different people (evening the spread/circulation) to interested parties. Thus I am not hoarding the premine, but it is spread amongst the community. Allowing us to get on with adding more services and merchants by using the bitcoin instantly instead of waiting for launch day to sell off.

Now as for the coin limit, should we go large EG With 1.2trillian coins (or more) so eventually each UK resident gets about 20k to represent their life savings should the pound be replaced. Or to go small/rare with thousands or just dozens of coins.
So I have some questions for you to answer and I accept all responses. I will add to this post as things move on and will make a proper altcoin announcement once the coin is mining and we can estimate a public launch.

Feel free to make any suggestions not thought about, but also try to answer some questions i have for the community:
Questions
1. POS - yes or no? Explain and offer alternative and why.
2. Litecoin protocol - yes or no? Explain and/or offer alternative and why
3. Coin limit - go large or go small?
4. Premine – 1%,2%,3%?
5. name/brand?

edit: (reply to trolls that insult)
So to everyone else if you have nothing good to suggest, then realise i would rather make limited meaningful posts helping the community than have hundreds of posts being a meaningless insulting troll. then realise that you are not adding anything to the conversation or expanding cryptocurrencies to the world. and just move on.
mazuma

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:38:33 PM

go the fuck away newbie
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:24:00 AM

go the fuck away newbie

+1

too much coins, we don´t need another.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:25:56 AM

Antidote to meaningless coins.....create another one......genius.
BitcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:21:44 PM

People are going to create coins no matter what insults are thrown at coin dev’s. But rather than coin dev’s making a coin every week without purpose. My methodology is not to have made 52 coins in a year, but to simply develop just one and spend proper time planning, tweaking and developing a proper useful coin.
I won’t be throwing this coins onto the market in a week’s time, nor any other coins later on after releasing this one. Instead I am going to do the smart thing. To get the best choice of protocol that people think a coin should have for consumer use and for efficient mining. To then develop the business acceptance around it so that there are reasons to circulate it. Then when some fundamentals are set up, release it whilst continuing to grow the merchant acceptance.

I would have preferred smart people to have thought long and hard about what bitcoin or litecoin was lacking in regards to consumer adoption and mining constraints, to make some actual intelligent suggestions. I would have preferred smart people to have thought long and hard about what certain existing altcoins are missing that prevents them ever getting close to being used for daily consumer activities. To then make suggestions about better coin features that atleast has potential of litecoin and bitcoin.

But instead I get people that hate altcoins, insulting people making altcoins. Which to me is like someone that is alergic to strawberries, going to a strawberry farm and complaining that he is growing strawberries. So will all the insulting people that have nothing good to say, please realise they are in an altcoin category. Then realise that you need to move on with your life and not get involved with altcoins, if you truly hate altcoins sooooo much. oh by the way, if you want my project to die a death, your best solution is to stay quiet and let the topic move down the topic lists and off the front page of the altcoin category. As every insult is a bump, bringing my project to the top of the list, making more people read it.

So now i hope the insulting trolls realise their comments do nothing to stop the project and in some ways help to advertise it more.

Now to the people that DO want a true alternative to bitcoin and litecoin in the UK, that feel that bitcoin or litecoin could be improved upon, and wish to offer suggestions on making the next best solution, then please feel free to voice your ideas.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:30:48 PM

So you start a thread essentially titled all these alts are bad. Then you go on to suggest making another one. What kind of responses did you expect?

Now in case you were really serious. Then take your dev team to the invictus website and see what they are doing with their DACS. That is where useful coins are headed.
Zimmermann

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 02:20:27 AM

We already got meaningful new and old altcoins when you think about NXT, NEM, LTC etc. .

Don't forget that  Wink
shekelsteingoyberg2

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 02:57:05 AM

lurk more OP?

usefulness is value, there is also innovation of neat things like a distributed DNS system and a lot of things altcoins are doing these days, energy savings, ASIC resistance, that sort of thing

brianbbad

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:01:59 AM

Darkcoin is pretty meaningful. It's fine if you want to create a new altcoin, but don't trash-talk the current ones wholesale.
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:06:01 AM

the only meaningful alt is a dead alt, the original dont need alternative..just yet  Tongue

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:31:38 AM

Antidote coin ?

where is the windows QT wallet link ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:34:05 AM

Antidote coin ?

where is the windows QT wallet link ?
antidote as in fix

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: