Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:39:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF is going on???  (Read 1295 times)
27_and_Homeless (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:38:11 PM

Apparently, I've made $3k+ from BitChest the past couple days:
https://i.imgur.com/0RHTohXl.jpg
The end of their address is "JK", so perhaps BitChest just enjoys playing pranks on me.

My wallet:
https://i.imgur.com/mlEOryml.jpg
Still more impressive than the wallet in my back pocket.

As you can tell from my username, my life sucks. As you can see from the subforum I'm posting in, I'm oblivious to the BTC world. Please, please, please, for the love of God, help a brother out? I've never in my life witnessed anything in the same league as $3,000, and it'd be nice to get out of this rut and do something with my life.

Alright, I created a blockchain account since it's supposedly the safest and most secure? I have 3-4 other wallets but I haven't necessarily used them yet; only blockchain. For 3-4 days, I have done nothing but take adderall and explore the world of BTC faucets [with my primary blockchain wallet address]. The ones I have consistently used for the past 72-96 hours are freebitco.in, bitvisitor, and bitchest since they seem to be the most efficient in terms of utilization and yielding the largest possible amount of BTC.

My question is; where have those 96 hours gone? Where in the hell are my bitcoins? Please, God, help. However much more info you need, just let me know and I'll provide it here. I'm truly desperate and I need help. Thanks in advance, end the fed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 11:46:24 PM

Sorry to break the bad news, but you didn't receive $3000.  The first image is showing the BitChest.me wallet.  The second image shows your wallet, with a transaction from the BitChest.me wallet.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
27_and_Homeless (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:56:09 PM

Sorry to break the bad news, but you didn't receive $3000.  The first image is showing the BitChest.me wallet.  The second image shows your wallet, with a transaction from the BitChest.me wallet.

That's great news, thank you. I was afraid I was hacked or something? So what DID I receive? And what's the point in faucets if you only receive $0.27 every 4 days  Smiley
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:01:05 AM

That's great news, thank you. I was afraid I was hacked or something? So what DID I receive? And what's the point in faucets if you only receive $0.27 every 4 days  Smiley

Faucets are a scam.  They sell you to advertisers and lure you in with amounts that are so small that they can't be spent.

Don't waste your time on faucets.  Provide a service that others want, and accept bitcoin as payment.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 12:02:23 AM

Sorry to break the bad news, but you didn't receive $3000.  The first image is showing the BitChest.me wallet.  The second image shows your wallet, with a transaction from the BitChest.me wallet.

That's great news, thank you. I was afraid I was hacked or something? So what DID I receive? And what's the point in faucets if you only receive $0.27 every 4 days  Smiley

And that's the point of faucets Tongue

100%-99% percent of faucets will just waste your time Wink you will earn like nothing or almost nothing. But faucets might be a good start to earn tiny ammounts of Bitcoins Smiley and learn how to send/receive them Smiley and How to check how many Bitcoins do you have Tongue
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 12:03:22 AM

Well, not a whole lot of point to them really.  I suppose it's a way to get some kind of BTC, but like you see... $0.27 every 4 days is not exactly a viable way to survive.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:08:15 AM

. . .The ones I have consistently used for the past 72-96 hours are. . .

How does a homeless guy with less than $0.27 afford to spend 96 hours on a computer?

There are much more productive things you could have been doing with that time that would have resulted in receiving more than $0.27
27_and_Homeless (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:20:22 AM

Thanks everyone, I was afraid that I was hacked, and all of this bitcoin shit was one huge scam. On Monday, I'll receive $250 worth of BTC in my coinbase account. What do y'all figure I should do with that? Should I first send it to my blockchain account, backup/encrypt/etc, THEN start making money?

Before I start my business, I'd like to increase that $250 nearly ASAP, so what're the most efficient methods besides a bit of satoshi mines?

How does a homeless guy with less than $0.27 afford to spend 96 hours on a computer?

There are much more productive things you could have been doing with that time that would have resulted in receiving more than $0.27

What is your perception of 'homeless'? Some ragged guy with a beard sitting on the street corner holding a cup?  Wink
27_and_Homeless (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:33:57 AM

The BlockChain FAQs are worthless, hence my presence here. Green arrows, red arrows, confirmations, unspent outputs, the worthless 'request payment' button. I would give the designer of BlockChain my taint analysis.

https://i.imgur.com/PA7Sfeq.jpg
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:43:33 AM

Thanks everyone, I was afraid that I was hacked, and all of this bitcoin shit was one huge scam. On Monday, I'll receive $250 worth of BTC in my coinbase account. What do y'all figure I should do with that? Should I first send it to my blockchain account, backup/encrypt/etc, THEN start making money?

Before I start my business, I'd like to increase that $250 nearly ASAP, so what're the most efficient methods besides a bit of satoshi mines?

What is your perception of 'homeless'? Some ragged guy with a beard sitting on the street corner holding a cup?  Wink

No, but my impression of someone who feels that $0.27 is "Still more impressive than the wallet in my back pocket." is someone who can't afford access to a computer for 96 hours straight.  Clearly my impression is mistaken.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:47:52 AM

That "impressive" amount is almost certainly the "Change" from the transaction.  It is the amount that the faucet is keeping for themselves out of the total that they sent.

The red box is an indication of the total amount spent by the address that you are looking at.

The green arrow is an indication that a transaction was received.

The green box is an indication of the amount that was received at the address that you are looking at.
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:55:19 AM

TBH, but that was my first impression as well... Tongue

I won't describe gambling as an efficient method...
You could earn bitcoin, pretty much like how you earn fiat money, by selling stuff and providing services to others.

27_and_Homeless (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:02:19 AM

That "impressive" amount is almost certainly the "Change" from the transaction.  It is the amount that the faucet is keeping for themselves out of the total that they sent.

The red box is an indication of the total amount spent by the address that you are looking at.

The green arrow is an indication that a transaction was received.

The green box is an indication of the amount that was received at the address that you are looking at.

Thanks Danny you are a big help. Why are people so intrigued by faucets since they're so worthless? I'm still waiting to start my BTC business, I would just like to start it with more than a measly $250, ha.

Also, it is more impressive than what's in my pocket! I used my final $250 to invest in a BTC business that I've been researching in for the past month or so. What do you recommend I could do that would increase that $250 in a quick and efficient manner? Satoshi mines does seem to have an 80+ winning percentage.

Also, I should put that money into my blockchain account immediately, should I not? I've already set up multibit. Thanks again.
27_and_Homeless (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:09:00 AM

TBH, but that was my first impression as well... Tongue

I won't describe gambling as an efficient method...
You could earn bitcoin, pretty much like how you earn fiat money, by selling stuff and providing services to others.

So what would you personally recommend? Like I said Satoshimines seems like it has a high W%. Doesn't even seem like gambling. Same way I feel during football season. Football betting is so easy it feels like stealing.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:12:36 AM

Why are people so intrigued by faucets since they're so worthless?

Because they are uninformed.
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:30:48 AM

Hmm it looks like you need a little tutoring starting with the basics:

Important thing first:

A blockchain.info wallet is NOT the safest/most secure place for your bitcoins. It is debatable at best if any web wallet is safe at all. There are matters of trust and proneness to hacks involved in that debate.

Web wallets are a nice convenient place to have some pocketmoney that needs to move quick. Any bigger sums should be stored in cold wallets (wallets on a computer you own that NEVER was and NEVER goes online) or securely created and stored paper wallets (basically an offline created pair of public bitcoin address and the corresponding private key printed on a piece of paper). Cold storage/wallets and paper wallets are two things you should inform yourself about.

As far as earning bitcoins goes:

Faucets aren't a quick way, some say they are no way at all. But if you use them make sure you can switch off their auto payout so you can gather coins in your account for the faucet and get them sent in usable chunks. Most faucets pay less than the current transaction fee which in practice makes bitcoins that come from them unusable.

Gambling can be a thing but if you play safe it is slow as well and even playing safe there is a risk to lose everything.

Mining doesn't yield any real profit at all unless bitcoin's price explodes massively in the future and multiplies the value of any bitcoin that you mine now.

So safest and fastest way is the same as with "real" money: Work for it. Or do smart investment with it. As you don't have a whole lot of starting money my suggestion to you is:

Take the 250$ worth of bitcoin and store those safely (remember: cold storage or paper wallet) and forget about them for a year or two. Meanwhile find something you are good at and that can be done online and try to offer that service for bitcoins.

Last but not least about your problems with the info about transactions on blockchain.info:

The first thing to know that you might be unaware of: One perk of bitcoin is that everybody can see ALL transactions that ever happened, because they are stored in the so called blockchain. Hence the site's name as it's orignal and primary use is to provide a way to read the blockchain and extract specific info about transactions and addresses.

If I remember it correctly from my last use (been a while): When you search for or click on an address you get access to the balance of currently stored bitcoins in that address aswell as a list of transactions from and to that address. When you search for or click on a transaction you are provided with info about the sender addresses (there can be more than one for technical reasons that would just confuse you more right now if I explained them) aswell as the receiving addresses (you can send bitcoins to several receivers in a single transaction, not sure though if that's possible on blockchain). This info includes the according balance changes on the addresses involved. So it would show a red negative number for the sending addresses and a green positive number for the receiving addresses.

Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:32:41 AM

So what would you personally recommend? Like I said Satoshimines seems like it has a high W%. Doesn't even seem like gambling. Same way I feel during football season. Football betting is so easy it feels like stealing.

There are indeed 2 types of gambling.
One type involves only luck, eg. dice sites and SatoshiMines.
Another type involves a certain degree of skills or insight, eg. poker and sports betting.
So, if you are really good at football betting, you could do a better job at it than in satoshimines. Smiley

I personally only gamble a little bit for fun. I myself earn bitcoin from joining a signature deal. Smiley

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:38:14 AM

Meanwhile find something you are good at and that can be done online and try to offer that service for bitcoins.

Or not online.  If you are in Chicago, you can come cut my lawn, and I'll pay you in bitcoins.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:44:15 AM

Why are people so intrigued by faucets since they're so worthless?

Because they are uninformed.

For what it's worth, faucets used to pay out a LOT more. At one point they were paying out 1BTC+. Then they went down to 10mBTC, then 1 mBTC, then kept going down. Their value drops as Bitcoin's value goes up. The thing to think about is that if Bitcoin's price increases 1000x,faucets pay 1000x if you are holding (ie. $0.27 for 4 days has just turned in to $270.00 for 4 days). It's all about speculation.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
brianbbad

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:45:56 PM

"For 3-4 days, I have done nothing but take adderall and explore the world of BTC faucets"

Have you considered the possibility that you're homelessness is related to a drug problem? I've been clean/sober for almost 9 years; it's easy to keep finding other people/circumstances to blame, but it might be you and your own actions that have led you to where you are. Usually the hardest part is admitting defeat and reaching out for help, so DM me if you want to talk about it.
Most cities have programs to help homeless/impoverished folks get back on their feet, but it usually requires a commitment to sobriety.
Hang in there, guy.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: