Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:29:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin about to TAKE OFF!!!  (Read 4410 times)
Sargasm

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 07:41:52 PM

So who now does not believe that threads like this are a bearish sign?

Finally an indicator that works.

Sarcasm.

I can't believe you would write off 89 years of experience...

I actually think that experience beneath some certain amount is fractional.  Let's say for a moment that the modicum of experience to not nuke the world with stupid trades is 5 years, 178 .5 year olds  .1 units COMBINED experience ie .1 ^ 178'th is 1.e-178th units of experience.

These are mathematics you cannot argue with.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 07:46:17 PM

Finally an indicator that works.

Sarcasm.

I can't believe you would write off 89 years of experience...

I actually think that experience beneath some certain amount is fractional.  Let's say for a moment that the modicum of experience to not nuke the world with stupid trades is 5 years, 178 .5 year olds  .1 units COMBINED experience ie .1 ^ 178'th is 1.e-178th units of experience.

These are mathematics you cannot argue with.

I think the key vector here is COMBINED, for without that constant, the fractional reserve of Experience is diluted by
the inverted amount of stupid trades.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 07:55:16 PM

I like to think that this thread gave the market a slight push to make things exciting again.

It was better than the thread titled "yawn"...

I am bullish long, but enjoy the wild back and forth in the mean time.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:11:58 PM

I like to think that this thread gave the market a slight push to make things exciting again.

It was better than the thread titled "yawn"...

I am bullish long, but enjoy the wild back and forth in the mean time.

I am Starfished Short and wonder what the hell I am doing here.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:16:23 PM

OP is an idiot, please stop these threads.

Late Poster has no sense of humor, please stop commenting in these threads.
buck92

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:21:38 PM

I certainly have a sense of humor, I just prefer posts with more substance and thought.  I know this is the internet so I have to set the bar low but when OP posts three threads in five minutes it is a little much. CRASH!!!, RALLY!!!!, BTC TAKEOFF!!!!...I understand the humor, OMG bitcoin could go either way wow! It is just there is a point where these types of threads reach a point of over saturation...a point long passed by our "Hero" members.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:31:25 PM

I certainly have a sense of humor, I just prefer posts with more substance and thought.  I know this is the internet so I have to set the bar low but when OP posts three threads in five minutes it is a little much. CRASH!!!, RALLY!!!!, BTC TAKEOFF!!!!...I understand the humor, OMG bitcoin could go either way wow! It is just there is a point where these types of threads reach a point of over saturation...a point long passed by our "Hero" members.

You should probably apply for mod privileges and ban everyone who cracks a joke. Then BTC will really take off. You can tell how upset everyone is with people posting things. It makes me sick just thinking about it.
buck92

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:36:00 PM

You should probably apply for mod privileges and ban everyone who cracks a joke. Then BTC will really take off. You can tell how upset everyone is with people posting things. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

You know you are right I don't know why I don't find these jokes funny I must have no sense of humor, please make me a mod now.  Please make it happen, I really want BTC to take off, that is what you said would happen right? It has to be true someone wrote it in this thread.
Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 10:31:44 PM

Look at it go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ehvML9vK-Y

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
chrisrico

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 10:56:48 PM

You've got your math wrong.

The correct formula is :

IQ(crowd) = Min(IQ(Individuals in crowd)) / Sizeof(Crowd)

As a corollary, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wisdom_of_Crowds
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 04:09:17 AM

I was premature in my prediction, now it will TAKE OFF!!!

woo hoo!!!

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 04:27:56 AM

I'm a "Hero" member and I found the OP hilarious.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 04:46:58 AM

But OP was way off... by his prediction, we should be above 8 by now Tongue

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Crypt_Current

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 04:53:32 AM

But OP was way off... by his prediction, we should be above 8 by now Tongue

Oh shit, you're absolutely right.  This shit is NOT funny anymore; we are WAY behind...  Pull it together people, we have a ship that needs a sober crew...

XD

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 04:56:02 AM

lol... I guess I should rest up then if it's a sober crew ye be wantin'

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 10:09:35 AM

Careful analysis and 89 years of experience leads me to believe that Bitcoin is about to go through the roof.

Though most will not understand the dynamics of what this chart shows, those that do will be blown away.

You heard it here first.

Well, since you brought the 2 month chart to our attention, I would like to point out a little history:

- In the month of December, very incrementally, the price gradually rose up from $2.80 to $4.00
- In the 1st week of January, on heavy volume, the price rallied from low $4s to $7.00
- The following 10 days, we repeatedly rallied from low/mid $6s to just under $7.20, on high volume
- We crashed on Jan 18
- After slight bounce up from Smack-Down, we've dwindled to low $6s on very little volume

Whether because of manipulation, Bitcoinica, or just sheer rally-driven exuberance, seems evident that
were now reeling from from a bubble.  Some feel that we have more price correcting to do; I have to agree.

To think that now we are going to rally up to $12 in February, after what we've just gone through, I just
don't see it.

+1... I'm wetting myself at those who thought he was serious

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 10:55:50 AM

Careful analysis and 89 years of experience leads me to believe that Bitcoin is about to go through the roof.

Though most will not understand the dynamics of what this chart shows, those that do will be blown away.

You heard it here first.

Well, since you brought the 2 month chart to our attention, I would like to point out a little history:

- In the month of December, very incrementally, the price gradually rose up from $2.80 to $4.00
- In the 1st week of January, on heavy volume, the price rallied from low $4s to $7.00
- The following 10 days, we repeatedly rallied from low/mid $6s to just under $7.20, on high volume
- We crashed on Jan 18
- After slight bounce up from Smack-Down, we've dwindled to low $6s on very little volume

Whether because of manipulation, Bitcoinica, or just sheer rally-driven exuberance, seems evident that
were now reeling from from a bubble.  Some feel that we have more price correcting to do; I have to agree.

To think that now we are going to rally up to $12 in February, after what we've just gone through, I just
don't see it.

meh..post a chart here...any chart...and someone will buy it IMO  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Crypt_Current

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 08:30:05 PM

You heard it here first.

- We crashed on Jan 18

don't see it.

We're ALL the Manipulator.

Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 02:28:57 AM

You heard it here first.

- We crashed on Jan 18

don't see it.

We're ALL the Manipulator.

I mean seriously... he opened his OP with:

Careful analysis and 89 years of experience leads me to believe that Bitcoin is about to go through the roof

Grin

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 09:11:37 AM

Current Bitcoin chart pattern could indicate a repeat of huge rally
http://chart.ly/f4tau4y