Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:01:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Testnet?  (Read 335 times)
snarlpill (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 04:35:03 AM

I've been working on a website for a couple weeks now, and teaching myself HTML and CSS, etc. as I go. I've never been very tech savvy before in my life, at least as far as computer software, hardware, and code. I was just never really heavy into computer gaming and the specs behind my PC. Looking back at Bitcoin, it seems like it was designed in favor of computer geeks (I mean this in a good way) and gamers. So with that and many other computer related things I am behind in life, but working to catch up.

That's why I'll need some help from you guys here along the way, several of you have been very helpful so far with my noob domain/web hosting questions. Today's question is about "testnet." I've seen this used in discussion here a few times. From my guess it seems like a way both a buyer and seller could test out code in a safe network where they can both monitor it/check it. Is that correct at all? It was just my assumption based on the context I've seen it in. I asked a question in a thread and it was deleted, which is part of the reason I'm asking here and now.

TL;DR- What is testnet?

Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:46:57 AM

TL;DR- What is testnet?

Please read the bitcoin wiki entry (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Testnet), and feel free to ask any questions afterwards. Smiley

snarlpill (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 05:14:33 AM

Thank you very much kind sir. I really need to bookmark the Bitcoin wiki, I've seen it a couple times and never remember to look into it.

Going to read now, so I'm guessing now that this is a BTC specific thing?
When and if my website starts generating some income, I would love to tip all of the helpful replies.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: