Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:03:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I automate the purchase of domain names with bitcoin?  (Read 297 times)
Hunterbunter (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:20:56 AM

When I say buy domain names with bitcoin, I'm not talking about those that use services like bitpay, etc.

I'm talking about a domain registrar that assigns me a bitcoin address, allows me to fund the account directly through there, and whenever a renewal is due, it takes it from the account at current market rate.

I never have to make a purchase order (or if I do, it can be done via API).

Anyone know if there are any registrars out there that can handle this?
epctechno

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:23:06 AM

I haven't seen a registrar out there as of yet to do so, however it's possible to do with blockchain's API and coinbase's API easily.

I have my own custom CMS I built with, PayPal, 2co, and Google Checkout, and just getting into the bitcoin industry, I've found I need to go ahead and implement a module for my own cms on accepting bitcoins on a residual basis on quite a few of my projects I have running. However it's possible to do everything you've asked via the two APIs that I listed after reviewing the all day yesterday and the day before with a lot of test cases.

However I don't know of any well known "Registrars" that do this currently.

All the best!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: