Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:38:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Businesses Question  (Read 334 times)
serenitys (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:27:30 AM

Morning Smiley

Since learning about bitcoin and all the amazingly cool innovations springing up around it I've found a few areas that genuinely interest me in wanting to know more/all I can, and contribute somehow or another in a bitcoin related business. I'm so not a technogeek so programming anything isn't happening...but one of my greater strengths is once I know something up one side and down the other (oh, yeah, southern belle here) I can be quite the activist pro or con and that can help in promotional efforts, marketing endeavors, sales even. I'm not afraid to cold call businesses and sweet talk my way into getting them to give me their attention, plus I'm still kinda cute so that helps...but when I'm not 100% sure of something, I suck at sales. I hate sales people. I hate advertisers (even though my business is ad sales Cheesy ) I cringe at sales pitches and spiels.

What works for me is a good old chat about whatever but in a genuine way, not as a primer for a sales pitch.

That said, I'm interested in getting on board to help bring about bitcoin cards - bitcards - or whatever they'd ultimately be called, and getting them in stores all over the place. I'm not unwilling to invest a bunch of money in a bitcard business, just not financially capable of doing so, so the entry to it needs to be on the order of $100 or less. I, personally, feel that these bitcards are one of the major ways for mainstream adoption to happen faster and basically work like a gift card, over the counter...or at least a pay as you go phone card (like straight talk) where people set up an account to register the card or however it needs to work and the card is the wallet -  that sort of thing. That somebody else develops because I have zero idea how to do that, else I'd just go do it.

I'm wanting to know if there are any reputable, real, legitimate start ups doing this sort of thing that are open to signing on people to help get the cards in stores...with a solid marketing campaign behind it as well as a thorough but not technobabble tutorial to make it easy for merchants to use and accept, or the general public. Kind of like the phone card craze back in the 1990s. Something like this is something I could sell and enjoy it, and help promote bitcoin...dedicate a site to the whole thing, share all kinds of stories, encourage other people to "sign up" and sell bitcards in their communities, etc. I'd love to do that, especially if there was a way to hand them out like business cards!

Next to that, I feel the same way about any kind of set up option to help merchants be able to get set up easily to accept bitcoin, no hassle, and just bust out and get started. I'm assuming that's what BitPay is all about, but I obviously can't work for them...but I don't mind helping out. Just need the knowledge base to get it on the table without overwhelming people.

What else do you guys think are solid bitcoin based business enterprises that non tech sorts like me can get into that would be lucrative and further promote the adoption bitcoin needs? Everything I see so far is all way too technical for most people. I have neither the time to learn nor the funds to set up mining operations or create a new alt coin or wallet or any of that stuff.

My interest is how can I get involved with whatever venture is doing something toward getting mainstream adoption?

Thanks for any suggestions!

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
beatljuice

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:25:33 AM

Well the site doesn't seem to be working right now but this might be sort of what you're looking for.

bitcoinbigfoot.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: