Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:58:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Excellent Bitcoin domain name for sale: www.comprarbitcoins.com  (Read 652 times)
clochard (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:34:32 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 10:59:23 AM by clochard

Bidding starts at 100BTC, however this name is worth much more. Any realistic person understands that.

I am talking about the domain name www.comprarbitcoins.com

414 million people have Spanish as their first language. Domain names with an indent, like www.comprar-bitcoins.com function much worse than domain names without an indent. It is all about getting high in the search results when people search in a search engine 'comprar bitcoins'. This website will then be the first website they are confronted with.

Again, 414 million people with Spanish as their first language and an USA which is Latinizando, i.e. Spanish is becoming more and more important there.

Bitcoin will continue to grow and become more important globally, so the potential market cap for this domain name is huge. This name can and most probably will be worth millions in some years.

Since I am not eager to exploit this website and start an exchange myself, I offer this domain name for sale.

Bidding can be done here, but interested people can also send me a private message.

Let's see who is the lucky one.
acegilz

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

1ACEGiLZnZoG7KUNkMwAT8tBuJ6jsrwj5Q

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:05:20 PM

100 btc . big lol
ADcoin.me

Activity: 795
Merit: 500

Name change soon (hopefully)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 12:43:58 PM

LOL Let's get back to the real word now. I am willing to offer you.. nothing. Fuck one language based domains, international is what we need!

If it was comparebitcoin.com I would probably pay 0.05 BTC, see where I am going?

Also, let's see who is the lucky one? Really? XD

Palcoin.co
clochard (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:10:20 PM

Comprarebitcoins would be Italian, I do not see any reason why that would be more successful than the Spanish version.

If you take into account that this website has been sold for 250.000 USD, while we are still in the beginning of the Bitcoin adoption curve, a starting bid of 100BTC is not such a strange idea: http://nametalent.com/blog/?p=6178

In 1995 people did not pay millions for domain names such as www.sex.com as well. Look at nowadays. A smart guy will see the potential.

Last but not least, Spanish is spoken by more people as their first language than English, so please do not think people in Peru or Argentina will search in English. They will do so in Spanish. And when they do, a lot of them will search for something in the category of 'compar bitcoins' or 'como comprar bitcoins' or 'donde comprar bitcoins'. This domain name will be listed as one of the heighest, which represents a huge opportunity.

Cheers,

Clochard

RCHumphrey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:23:46 PM

It is a good domain name, there is no doubt about that. I myself am an hispanohablante - it is slightly worse than buybitcoins.com but still would be excellent for keywords.

Even so 100 BTC seems steep to me. Although as you rightly pointed out there are more Spanish speakers as first language, that is not indicative of the Bitcoin market size if you ask me... not yet at least.

Good luck selling !

clochard (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:42:12 PM

I agree with you that www.buybitcoins.com is an even better domain name. That is totally true. But for someone wanting to start an exchange, or reinforce its current exchange business, this domain name is a huge step in targetting hispanohablantes in Spain and Latin America.

Whether the current value is 100BTC, or less or more, depends on how much potential you see in linking these keywords to your business. But it may be very well worth much more than the current 45.000USD = 100BTC. In the end, that's peanuts for any serious business, let's be honest. And the revenues that can emerge out of this investment are most probably much higher.

Clochard
RCHumphrey

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:56:23 PM

I don't dispute it at all Smiley Like I said its a very good domain name. A domain is worth what someone is willing to pay. I am not sure if the market is ready for it yet but best of luck selling it!

Cool
clochard (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:31:52 PM

Well, since the starting price is in Bitcoins and we all expect Bitcoins to increase in value, one better buys now Wink

During the next boom, you might want to have these keywords linked to your exchange if you are an entrepreneur. Especially if it is really going to take off and mass adoption will happen.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3081

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:21:46 PM

I think you'd be very very lucky to get 1btc for it.   Undecided

Yes, I'm being a lot more realistic than you are.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
clochard (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:06:58 PM

And why if I may ask?
RCHumphrey

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:52:39 PM

Only reason I can see is the s on the end is a bit clashy...

I'm not sure if you're Spanish speaker but its unusual in Spanish to refer as Bitcoins with the s although it does happen. Still domain will pick up traffic no doubt about it.
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:30:02 AM

It might be a very good domain as you mentioned for search.But still the 100BTC offer is ridiculous no doubt.
ADcoin.me

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 10:46:59 AM

And why if I may ask?

Dude you're way over your head.. Try to read next time, I said comparebitcoins.

Not some italian word, but it made me laugh.. as this is complete madness. XD Thanks for that.

Palcoin.co
ADcoin.me

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 10:48:15 AM

I'm not sure if you're Spanish speaker but its unusual in Spanish to refer as Bitcoins with the s although it does happen. Still domain will pick up traffic no doubt about it.

I can't believe you're supporting him. Makes your bitcoin.ceo not worth anything more, you know that right?

Palcoin.co
RCHumphrey

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:31:05 PM

I can't believe you're supporting him. Makes your bitcoin.ceo not worth anything more, you know that right?

I don't see the logic in what you've said at all? How is this at all related to Bitcoin.ceo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: