Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2024, 10:52:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-05-16] CD: Overstock CEO Delivers Historically Charged Keynote at BTC2014  (Read 850 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 11:34:42 AM

Overstock CEO Delivers Historically Charged Keynote at Bitcoin 2014

Staying true to his style, during the question and answer round today Byrne revealed that he had plans for potentially listing his company on “a block chain kind of a stock exchange.”

Watching his words, he said: “I would already be interested in issuing a bond or something, so we could be the first to list this sort of security.”

He revealed that Overstock was in the early stages of looking at the legal propriety of dual listing on NASDAQ and another stock exchange. While they have not ironed out any concrete plans, he said:

“We could either issue securities in bitcoin and translate those and collect funds in dollars. I am less interested in that than just taking it and listing it and maybe even creating a new security and issuing it through such an exchange. Or we could take our security, which is already publicly registered and publicly traded and just get it dual listed on somebody’s technology.”

WoW  Shocked

http://www.coindesk.com/overstock-ceo-delivers-historically-charged-keynote-bitcoin-2014/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: