Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:34:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's Latest Controversy  (Read 6995 times)
usamakhalid961 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Keep smiling

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 01:57:32 PM

The controversy and chaos that seems to shadow Bitcoin continued this week as several members of the virtual currency's biggest advocacy group, Bitcoin Foundation, resigned during its annual meeting in Amsterdam to protest a new director's election.

According to various reports, the members resigned because they were unhappy with Brock Pierce, 33, a controversial actor and former Disney child star that the foundation appointed as a director.

Some of the people who resigned expressed concern with Pierce's past history, which the new organization said included allegations in past lawsuits that he provided drugs and alcohol to minors and pressured them for sex, Reuters reported.

The report also quoted Pierce's response to those allegations by telling Reuters in an email, "The allegations against me are not true, and I have never had intimate or sexual contact with any of the people who made those allegations." 

For sell
just 0.01 btc per year

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrWDunne

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:03:30 PM

The controversy and chaos that seems to shadow Bitcoin continued this week as several members of the virtual currency's biggest advocacy group, Bitcoin Foundation, resigned during its annual meeting in Amsterdam to protest a new director's election.

According to various reports, the members resigned because they were unhappy with Brock Pierce, 33, a controversial actor and former Disney child star that the foundation appointed as a director.

Some of the people who resigned expressed concern with Pierce's past history, which the new organization said included allegations in past lawsuits that he provided drugs and alcohol to minors and pressured them for sex, Reuters reported.

The report also quoted Pierce's response to those allegations by telling Reuters in an email, "The allegations against me are not true, and I have never had intimate or sexual contact with any of the people who made those allegations." 

So why did you post this?

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:04:40 PM

I would disagree... I don't  GAF and don't know many who do.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4481

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:13:01 PM

to all of those resigning from TBF

how about all of you ask the bitcoin dev's to announce their public keys and instead of paying into the worthless foundation. put what would have been a percentage of your membership fee's into paying for the developers time. and when other causes that you feel the foundation should have done, where someone else done it instead. contact that person and donate to them with another portion of what would have been your members fee.

decentralise the community growth by paying direct to source. not avoid allowing bitcoin to grow, simply as a vendetta for a small group of scammers, pedophiles sitting on their hands getting a free income.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Aquent

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:32:40 PM

What's the link for this? It says they resigned during the annual meeting...
usamakhalid961 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Keep smiling

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 02:54:46 PM

So why did you post this?

i share alll latest bitcoin news for informative purpose

For sell
just 0.01 btc per year
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: