Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:20:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Bitcoin Foundation behind the disappearance of Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 2686 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:13:31 PM

Why is there a Bitcoin foundation and why is it important to Bitcoin or to me?
Would it make more sense for this thread to be the basis for policy makers to act on?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:03:53 PM

Would it make more sense for this thread to be the basis for policy makers to act on?

First tell us if you think the policy makers are Reasonably Intelligent.

Have you checked the Bitcoin foundation forum recently. One of your own members equated the content to that only found in elementary school and he is pro Bitcoin foundation.

If you cannot take care of your fast food organization( Thanks Brian), then how can you claim to be leaders in the Bitcoin community as a whole? Enough excuses its time to clean house.

Xtib

I dont understand why u think that this house is so important ? A protocol does not need a house. Does SMTP has a foundation ? Please check => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=611393.0

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:11:19 PM

First tell us if you think the policy makers are Reasonably Intelligent.

Have you checked the Bitcoin foundation forum recently. One of your own members equated the content to that only found in elementary school and he is pro Bitcoin foundation.

If you cannot take care of your fast food organization( Thanks Brian), then how can you claim to be leaders in the Bitcoin community as a whole? Enough excuses its time to clean house.

Xtib

I dont understand why u think that this house is so important ? A protocol does not need a house. Does SMTP has a foundation ? Please check => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=611393.0
I stand corrected. Figure of speech. The house serves no purpose and should be dismantled.

U cant really dismantle a house as long as they are not dependent on u. U & me can form a foundation. What the hell others can do with that ? We just need to make sure, this foundation does not change any of the salient features of the protocol using the core dev team.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:56:44 PM

Wow I better grab my tin foil hat! Conspiracies abound!

It is dangerous to start such rumors without even a hint of evidence.

Besides everyone knows he is living in a Birmingham AL trailer park with JFK and Elvis.  

I thought the double wide was in Montgomery? That's not a rumor, that's pure truth.  

BTW: I love your Veg-O-Matic. It makes such thin french fries. LOL

Sorry the vacation double wide is in Birmingham.

You gotta try the Ronco Fryolator!  Grin

You are actually the first person to catch the reference. I was feeling kind of neglected until just now.  Cool

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:09:40 PM

Wow I better grab my tin foil hat! Conspiracies abound!

It is dangerous to start such rumors without even a hint of evidence.

Besides everyone knows he is living in a Birmingham AL trailer park with JFK and Elvis.  

I thought the double wide was in Montgomery? That's not a rumor, that's pure truth.  

BTW: I love your Veg-O-Matic. It makes such thin french fries. LOL

Sorry the vacation double wide is in Birmingham.

You gotta try the Ronco Fryolator!  Grin

You are actually the first person to catch the reference. I was feeling kind of neglected until just now.  Cool

10 years from now Satoshi is found in a trailer in Birmingham and they hunt you down because YOU KNEW all along! You tell them it's because you slice, dice and make julienne fries out of information. LOL

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:30:28 PM

The core team should not be beholden to the foundation. They should leave and become independent. I think the community would understand and support them in many ways. IMHO.
Xtib

The problem is that there is a "core" team. There must be no "core" team, independent or not.

The "core" team is beholden to the Bitcoin Foundation because the Bitcoin Foundation pays their salaries. Fortunately the Foundation's project has become increasingly less important because there are a few new alternatives that are gaining traction.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:38:35 PM

but, Please!!! do not call newsweek reporter  Grin

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:41:36 PM

My 2 Dorian's:

The current and past self titled, self absorbed 'Bitcoin Foundation' isn't worthy of Bitcoin.  I stand behind those words. Apparently so do many others.

As far as I have been able to deduce only Gavin Andresen is extremely worthy to be in any leadership role concerning Bitcoin, thank goodness we all have Mr. Andresen leading the Development of Bitcoin and at the Bitcoin Foundation. Maybe others too are very worthy leading the Bitcoin Foundation that are currently in leadership positions but I cannot be anywhere near certain of that at this point in time. Add to that many past/present Bitcoin Foundation board members are obviously extremely unworthy of their past/present positions, and that's what finally forced my reply and voice here.

This isn't political per say either; this is about anyone being worthy enough to be part of the Bitcoin Foundation's leadership, of the Flagship (Bitcoin), of this Decentralized Monetary Revolution.

Make no mistake about it; this isn't about anyone's brand of politics or whatever else, but instead it's all about the concern of a group of self serving, self absorbed clowns leading the Bitcoin Foundation and acting mainly for their very own benefit more so than anything else. One fiasco after another has proved this to date. Either do an about face and behave or expect that soon most will be either replaced, or bypassed entirely, and much worse.

Like the vast majority I am all in favor of a representative body for helping lead Bitcoin. But not what Bitcoin has had at the Bitcoin Foundation overall, to present date.

The  Bitcoin Foundation is an overall embarrassment, and somewhat of a stain on Bitcoin itself, if that's even possible, which fortunately it's really not. Nothing can stop Bitcoin, that's apparent. But many things can slow it down and hinder it, including poor leadership. And at least until these self serving political maneuvers finally come to an end it will continue to be so in many eyes opinions.

What I am certain about is that many past and present members of the Foundation should have never made it to a leadership position at the Bitcoin Foundation in the first place, nor even been considered, nor should have an owner of any Exchange been the one to found the Bitcoin Foundation in the first place. The very mixing of industry business leaders onto the Bitcoin Foundation is already conflicting enough, perhaps far too much. Then again it appears this is more a self serving quasi-business-political organization that doesn't concern itself much about leading Bitcoin, but instead the members own personal business agenda's far too very often.

Most of those residing on what's very much been a self serving board at the Bitcoin Foundation to date don't appear to be worthy to represent Bitcoin in any leadership roles. Maybe some other current Bitcoin Foundation members do, that is still impossible for me to know at this time so far. But already it's been impossible for those like myself to stand beside the  'Bitcoin Foundation' to date, or even support the 'Bitcoin Foundation' up till now.

I also believe that soon this all blows over as drastic changes are made to come about at the Bitcoin Foundation, or another Foundation altogether as Bitcoin's growth continues to increase.

As for all the resignations at the 'Bitcoin Foundation'...outstanding! That's a good start. Stand up, be heard, make a stand, do what can be done to make things better, object when nothing else is possible, and if required stand aside and let it self destruct. And if nothing else at least sound out about what one believes and what one objects to publicly, and not merely behind closed doorways.

Far too often leadership organizations devolve into self absorbed political bodies such as the past and present  Bitcoin Foundation. That needs to end.

As for the current voting requirements for positions at the Bitcoin Foundation; that too must end. At most a very modest enrollment fee to become an annual member should be all that's required to cast one's vote, nothing more, nor anything less than the BTC equivalent of $10 to $20 annually should be all that it takes to allow one's voice/vote to be heard/cast. When this finally occurs I will join, until then I will continue to cringe concerning almost everything about the so called Bitcoin Foundation. But at the same time I will also continue an unwavering support of the Decentralized Monetary Revolution that Bitcoin is dominating, and that is extremely likely to rightfully continue dominating, with or without decent leadership at the 'Bitcoin Foundation'.

But make no mistake: The Bitcoin Foundation doesn't represent those like myself. I also believe the Bitcoin Foundation doesn't have Dorian Satoshi's blessing either, not after reading the Bitcoin Whitepaper more than a couple of times.

But as stated before Gavin Andresen does have my full faith and support as do many others including apparently Dorian Satoshi. Many others also truly help lead Bitcoin from all corners of the Bitcoin community, yet the Bitcoin Foundation doesn't seem to care for anything but a semi-dictatorial self along with of course grossly restricted voting audience for the said Bitcoin Foundation. I only suggest to drop any possible conflicting personal political monetary beliefs when it comes to doing what's best for Bitcoin and it's future and open up the voting of all Board Membership to all Bitcoin Foundation members and keep those annual fees for membership at a very modest amount. That may be difficult for some to take to task, but it's certainly required if Bitcoin is to become all it can be. Otherwise they can fully expect to be a lot more than merely challenged.

There, I made my peace. I stand by these words.

Caveat emptor
knightcoin

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:12:22 PM

I do have a membership ... I think the foundation should focus mainly on educational mater ... It could be and (in my point of view) should include all industry sectors; but if you step forward to talk in name of our community it should be to talk about the knowhow, experience, best practices, etc and always keeping the educational line.

pepto

Activity: 223

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:01:52 PM

I do have a membership ... I think the foundation should focus mainly on educational mater ... It could be and (in my point of view) should include all industry sectors; but if you step forward to talk in name of our community it should be to talk about the knowhow, experience, best practices, etc and always keeping the educational line.
Can you tell me what the benefits of your membership are?  Would it help me to try and become a member?
knightcoin

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:27:12 PM

Can you tell me what the benefits of your membership are?  Would it help me to try and become a member?

No I cant  Sad ... well I received an email 2 days ago regards Amsterdam meeting .

....but I had to went down to deepweb looking for a fake student ID to get a discount though  Grin (kidding) ...

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:28:20 PM

the pledge the foundation made a couple years ago was to help the economy.
1.many people thought that meant hiring or atleast train a law firm that would really get into bitcoin to hlp clarify legal matters, would help defend people in legal issues regarding bitcoin. and help create ideals that could be submitted to governments about best practices etc.

2.many people thought that the foundation would employ PR guys that would correct media when FUD news was spread, getting media to retract statements. or atleast be there to advice media of the truth before 'print'

3.many people thought that there would be many projects happening, many tasks to vote on, to spread the money pot from members fee's to achieve goals and expand bitcoins community, industry, media presence and education.

but here we are a few year later and apart from paying the bitcoin dev's, which we all agree is needed and quit rightly so.. what has TBF done beyond this, apart from give a dozen people a guaranteed income aswell as a nice mugshot to show on every conference leaflet, to go around and make speaches at conferences to the 99% conference population that already knew more then average joe anyway.

its like they never stretched themselves strong and hard enough, to push themselves beyond the minimum to actually have something that can be seen as a well earned, hard days work.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 12:06:47 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto is the true father of the Bitcoin movement to create a decentralized currency. After spending years working on his project he writes a paper describing the essence of a revolutionary new protocol.
Gavin Andresen aka Gavin Bell began working with Satoshi to optimize the protocol for the masses.

During this time another shady character, Mark Karpeles, uproots his life in France and decides to move to Japan and start an internet company. Why Japan? Shortly after he arrives in Japan Mark buys majority ownership in MTGox.  By that time MTGox is trading in Bitcoin and under Mark's control evolves into the world's largest Bitcojn trading platform.

But where is Satoshi Nakamoto? As the Bitcoin phenomena takes off we are told that Satoshi gives Gavin the alert key to the technology and somehow gives the rights to the Bitcoin name to a Mark Karpeles.

At least that is what we are told by Gavin and Mark. I guess we should take their word for it.

Satoshi Nakamoto subsequently disappeared never to be heard from again. Mark and Gavin founded the Bitcoin Foundation and have made millions leading and misleading newbies into a MTGox.

We now Know around 0.5 Billion dollars has disappeared. They seem to have a knack for making things disappear. Some call it transaction malleability...........What would you call it?

Xtib

1. Bitcoin.com is owned by Roger Ver, not MK

Domain Name: BITCOIN.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1371058558_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.publicdomainregistry.com
Registrar URL: www.publicdomainregistry.com
Updated Date: 15-May-2014
Creation Date: 04-Jan-2008
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 04-Jan-2016
Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com
Registrar IANA ID: 303
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: Email Masking Image@publicdomainregistry.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1-2013775952
Domain Status: OK
Registry Registrant ID: DI_36292170
Registrant Name: Block Chain
Registrant Organization: Blockchain Limited
Registrant Street: 10A Seapower Industrial Centre  
Registrant City: Hong Kong
Registrant State/Province: Not Applicable
Registrant Postal Code: 00
Registrant Country: HK
Registrant Phone: +852.23457555
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: roger@rogerver.com
Registry Admin ID: DI_35692938
Admin Name: Block Chain
Admin Organization: Blockchain Limited
Admin Street: 10A Seapower Industrial Centre  
Admin City: Hong Kong
Admin State/Province: Not Applicable
Admin Postal Code: 00
Admin Country: HK
Admin Phone: +852.23457555
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: roger@rogerver.com
Registry Tech ID: DI_34429695
Tech Name: Block Chain
Tech Organization: Blockchain Limited
Tech Street: 10A Seapower Industrial Centre  
Tech City: Hong Kong
Tech State/Province: Not Applicable
Tech Postal Code: 00
Tech Country: HK
Tech Phone: +852.23457555
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: Email Masking Image@blockchain.info
Name Server: ns1.domaincollecting.com
Name Server: ns2.domaincollecting.com
Name Server: ns3.domaincollecting.com
Name Server: ns4.domaincollecting.com

2. Bitcoin.org is owned by Sirius aka Martti Malmi.

3. MK came to Japan as an employee of a French software company and then left it to form Tibane/KalyHost.

4. Why Gavin's surname is Bell ...it is not clear to me !!!

In re. 4.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Andresen

Gavin Andresen (born Gavin Bell[1]) is the Amherst, Massachusetts-based chief scientist at the Bitcoin Foundation.[2][3] He has access to the alert key that allows him to broadcast messages about critical network problems to all clients.[4]

I wonder if he's related to Alexander Graham Bell.

With BitOwl listening to every word, Bell Labs' board members plot how to oust Morse Inc. from their club.
hensi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:03:33 AM

Well first of all satoshi nakamoto is a group of developers, and i guess its better for them if they keep on hiding.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:24:34 AM

Well first of all satoshi nakamoto is a group of developers, and i guess its better for them if they keep on hiding.

satoshi was one person, the conversations the username satoshi has shown on this forum years ago, and the dox of the email communication with gavin. shows that satoshi is a single entity.

though bitcoin was not created by satoshi alone. as everyone knows satoshi, gavin and a couple others all collaborated together to make the first few versions of the qt client(protocol) before satoshi disappeared

Satoshi Nakamoto is the true father of the Bitcoin movement to create a decentralized currency.

NO, satoshi was the invitro-fertilisation specialist that brought new life to parents that thought that they couldnt have a child. the parents are all of US!. the child We thought we could never have before 2009 is called bitcoin. and it is OUR duty as parents to look after OUR child.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:33:08 AM

[ ... ] As the Bitcoin phenomena takes off we are told that Satoshi gives Gavin the alert key to the technology and somehow gives the rights to the Bitcoin name to a Mark Karpeles.

IIRC Mark had registered the "bitcoin" trademark, not the "biitcoin.com" domain.  Is this right?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 05:42:55 AM

The more I dig, the more I keep thinkin' it's these guys:

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:22:28 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto is the true father of the Bitcoin movement to create a decentralized currency. After spending years working on his project he writes a paper describing the essence of a revolutionary new protocol.
Gavin Andresen aka Gavin Bell began working with Satoshi to optimize the protocol for the masses.

During this time another shady character, Mark Karpeles, uproots his life in France and decides to move to Japan and start an internet company. Why Japan? Shortly after he arrives in Japan Mark buys majority ownership in MTGox.  By that time MTGox is trading in Bitcoin and under Mark's control evolves into the world's largest Bitcojn trading platform.

But where is Satoshi Nakamoto? As the Bitcoin phenomena takes off we are told that Satoshi gives Gavin the alert key to the technology and somehow gives the rights to the Bitcoin name to a Mark Karpeles.

At least that is what we are told by Gavin and Mark. I guess we should take their word for it.

Satoshi Nakamoto subsequently disappeared never to be heard from again. Mark and Gavin founded the Bitcoin Foundation and have made millions leading and misleading newbies into a MTGox.

We now Know around 0.5 Billion dollars has disappeared. They seem to have a knack for making things disappear. Some call it transaction malleability...........What would you call it?

Xtib

Domain Name: BITCOIN.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1371058558_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.publicdomainregistry.com
Registrar URL: www.publicdomainregistry.com
Updated Date: 15-May-2014
Creation Date: 04-Jan-2008
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 04-Jan-2016
Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com
Registrar IANA ID: 303
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: Email Masking Image@publicdomainregistry.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1-2013775952
Domain Status: OK
Registry Registrant ID: DI_36292170
Registrant Name: Block Chain
Registrant Organization: Blockchain Limited
Registrant Street: 10A Seapower Industrial Centre  
Registrant City: Hong Kong
Registrant State/Province: Not Applicable
Registrant Postal Code: 00
Registrant Country: HK
Registrant Phone: +852.23457555
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: roger@rogerver.com
Registry Admin ID: DI_35692938
Admin Name: Block Chain
Admin Organization: Blockchain Limited
Admin Street: 10A Seapower Industrial Centre  
Admin City: Hong Kong
Admin State/Province: Not Applicable
Admin Postal Code: 00
Admin Country: HK
Admin Phone: +852.23457555
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: roger@rogerver.com
Registry Tech ID: DI_34429695
Tech Name: Block Chain
Tech Organization: Blockchain Limited
Tech Street: 10A Seapower Industrial Centre  
Tech City: Hong Kong
Tech State/Province: Not Applicable
Tech Postal Code: 00
Tech Country: HK
Tech Phone: +852.23457555
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: Email Masking Image@blockchain.info
Name Server: ns1.domaincollecting.com
Name Server: ns2.domaincollecting.com
Name Server: ns3.domaincollecting.com
Name Server: ns4.domaincollecting.com

2. Bitcoin.org is owned by Sirius aka Martti Malmi.

3. MK came to Japan as an employee of a French software company and then left it to form Tibane/KalyHost.

4. Why Gavin's surname is Bell ...it is not clear to me !!!

In re. 4.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Andresen

Gavin Andresen (born Gavin Bell[1]) is the Amherst, Massachusetts-based chief scientist at the Bitcoin Foundation.[2][3] He has access to the alert key that allows him to broadcast messages about critical network problems to all clients.[4]

I wonder if he's related to Alexander Graham Bell.

With BitOwl listening to every word, Bell Labs' board members plot how to oust Morse Inc. from their club.

I saw it in the wiki and followed the reference. It does not say anything how and why Bell became Andresen ?

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 09:25:02 AM

He did the work he needed to do and made it open source so that people could continue his efforts, it was actually an intelligent move, whenever you have a piece of life-changing technology first thing to do is open source it so everybody can have it and then get the fuck out of there so you don't become a target. That said, people are still trying to target him but it looks like he knows how to keep himself hidden, I don't think this had anything to do with the Bitcoin Foundation and he foresaw all this bullshit beforehand so he decided to quit while he was ahead. If he stuck around can you imagine what would happen? I think he definitely could end up being targeted by government agencies.
SunSeeder

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:25:33 AM

The Bitcoin Foundation is an ineffectual consortium of self-interest, operating under the guise of benevolent advocacy. They need an enemy.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: