Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:49:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone create a new mining pool?  (Read 2260 times)
Dirt Rider (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 07:25:14 PM

Please forgive my noobness.

Is there some (easy-ish) way that I could start my own mining pool if I wanted to?  Seems there was something available created by puddinpop (sp?) but I've read that hasn't been in use recently, is it still an option?  Are there any other options that exist today?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 08:28:03 PM

Anyone can create a new mining pool.

If you're solo mining, you don't need any special software; just run bitcoind or bitcoin -server and point all your miners at it.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Dirt Rider (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 09:27:08 PM

Thanks error!

Do you know if there is a way to determine the individual MHash/s contribution (and any other information) of each of the nodes connected to my server/pool?

Also, is there any control over which node(s) receive the generated coins?  For example, I might want the server node to receive them regardless of which pool node generated the hash.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 10:39:11 PM

Thanks error!

Do you know if there is a way to determine the individual MHash/s contribution (and any other information) of each of the nodes connected to my server/pool?

Also, is there any control over which node(s) receive the generated coins?  For example, I might want the server node to receive them regardless of which pool node generated the hash.

If you're solo mining in this configuration, then the Bitcoin client they connected to gets all the generated coins.

The standard Bitcoin client doesn't provide any statistics and doesn't even tell you which miner generated a block. If you want this information, you might want to run a custom mining pool instead.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Dirt Rider (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 11:29:44 PM

Ok, that's what I have guessed after checking out the client settings, etc..

So, is the custom mining pool software that already exists or or is that something I would need to create myself?
xf2_org

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 11:41:29 PM

Anyone can create their own pool at xf2.org Smiley  See https://xf2.org/services/

Dirt Rider (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 11:53:07 PM

Thanks - I will check that out, sounds like it might be what I am looking for!

BTW, the SSL certificate for the site is coming up invalid in IE8, and the FAQ page is empty.

Are there any additional details available as far as how the private mining pool works?  Is there an option to track each of my miners hash/s contributed, etc? 

Ideally I would like to allow others to join my pool, track their controbutions, receive the generated coins myself and compensate the miners by other means.
gigabytecoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2011, 07:18:54 AM

Thanks - I will check that out, sounds like it might be what I am looking for!

BTW, the SSL certificate for the site is coming up invalid in IE8, and the FAQ page is empty.

Are there any additional details available as far as how the private mining pool works?  Is there an option to track each of my miners hash/s contributed, etc? 

Ideally I would like to allow others to join my pool, track their controbutions, receive the generated coins myself and compensate the miners by other means.

Same here. Untrusted cert. Would not do business with that.
xf2_org

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 20, 2011, 08:46:42 AM

Is the issue fixed?  I got a new SSL certificate; the Comodo cert was bitten by the hacker attack on Comodo.

Total pool mhash/sec and per-worker mhash/sec stats are being added this week.

Yep, xf2.org private pool provides all that.  Payouts are credited to your xf2.org account, and you may withdraw at any time.

Dirt Rider (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2011, 08:34:34 PM

Yes the certificate issue appears to be resolved.

It sounds like the private pool option is certainly what I'm looking for, once it has the ability to provide per-worker stats.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: