Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:18:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Found new(?) Miner, need help! [Mod note: malware]  (Read 7865 times)
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:20:27 PM

ROTFLOL. I just tried to login to Montico with the same password as his root password, and... success! So, here I am writing to you from his account. This is just ridiculous. (I'm dani147624.)

ROFL! Hilarious. Keep going, see if has paypal or something? Although, well, dont tell us if you do, legal repercussions and all that Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dani147624

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:31:09 PM

LOL. Actually he has paypal. And the password is the same. The e-mail address is now available on his profile.

I will not, however, send money from his paypal. I consider that too illegal to do. (He has about 60 EUR.) Theft is theft and I have no reason to believe that he already managed to scam someone. If he had, I might have transferred the money on another paypal account to hold it until this is resolved.

EDIT: Oh, and some additional info: on his gmail account he had this password once, but it was (according to gmail) changed 3 months ago.
P4man

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:37:51 PM

LOL. Actually he has paypal. And the password is the same. The e-mail address is now available on his profile.

I will not, however, send money from his paypal. I consider that too illegal to do. (He has about 60 EUR.) Theft is theft and I have no reason to believe that he already managed to scam someone. If he had, I might have transferred the money on another paypal account to hold it until this is resolved.

EDIT: Oh, and some additional info: on his gmail account he had this password once, but it was (according to gmail) changed 3 months ago.

I quite agree. However, I would change his passwords on paypal and gmail. If this is a hijacked account, you will actually be doing the real owner a favor. And it will prevent anyone else reading this thread from emptying his account. He might deserve it, but its not up to us to do that.

dani147624

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:50:55 PM

I quite agree. However, I would change his passwords on paypal and gmail. If this is a hijacked account, you will actually be doing the real owner a favor. And it will prevent anyone else reading this thread from emptying his account. He might deserve it, but its not up to us to do that.

I don't have his gmail password (only the one he changed about 3 months ago). I also can't change his paypal password (I tried to change mine as a test, and it asked me my bank account number). I'll change his password in this forum (if I can) and hide his e-mail address again.
P4man

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:54:20 PM

Be sure to add a signature to his profile Smiley

server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 06:22:16 PM

Be sure to add a signature to his profile Smiley

I'm a scammer, trust me under no circumstances!

TO THE REAL OWNER OF THIS PROFILE: write an email to dani147624 and I may give you your new password

Hahaha, priceless..  Grin

account-stolen

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:04:28 PM

What the fuck is ths here?!
I checked my gmail account and it took me here.
I signed up for the cross-mining pool, and 2 day later this?!
What the hell?

Now my PayPal-Account is empty and locked?!
Hope, you dont live in Germany, dani147624.
Tomorrow morning i will go to my lawyer! Or give me my money back!
My gmail-Account is the only thing thats working.
The Account on the pool is away, together with my wallet there, and many other things!

So, write me an eMail, what you did, and where my money and bicoins are!
P4man

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:12:42 PM

What cross mining pool?
Are you "Montico"? If you are the not, then you almost certainly became a victim of the malware posted by the OP in this thread. Nothing Dani did.

If you are Montico, allow me to laugh.

dani147624

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:15:48 PM

What the fuck is ths here?!
I checked my gmail account and it took me here.
What the hell?

Now my PayPal-Account is empty and locked?!
Hope, you dont live in Germany, dani147624.
Tomorrow morning i will go to my lawyer! Or give me my money back!
My gmail-Account is the only thing thats working.
The Account on the pool is away, together with my wallet there, and many other things!

So, write me an eMail, what you did, and where my money and bicoins are!

I haven't sent any money from your paypal account, nor have I messed with any bitcoins.
I did, however, contact paypal and suggest that the account be suspended until the owner identifies himself. What I get now when logging in with his details is this:
We are currently performing regular maintenance of our security measures. Your account has been randomly selected for this maintenance, and you will now be taken through a series of identity verification pages.

Protecting the security of your PayPal account is our primary concern, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

This shows that you don't even know what you're talking about. The website in question wasn't a pool, but a wallet stealing software advertised as an efficient miner.

If you wish to prove that you're the one who owns the email address associated with the paypal account I found the password for, please use that to email me. My email address can be found on my profile.
account-stolen

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:17:05 PM

The pool at crossminer.tk
But this is down, and my wallet also Sad
I'm not montico, i'm Sebastian.
And, i think, hid did something, a mail in my gmail-account took me to this site!
And he wrote, that he logged in my PayPal-Account, and now, BTC and REAL Money is gone!
And who is "OP" ?!
account-stolen

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:19:12 PM

I dont see your eMail?!
dani147624

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:22:46 PM

The pool at crossminer.tk
But this is down, and my wallet also Sad
I'm not montico, i'm Sebastian.
And, i think, hid did something, a mail in my gmail-account took me to this site!
And he wrote, that he logged in my PayPal-Account, and now, BTC and REAL Money is gone!
And who is "OP" ?!

OP means Original Poster, the person who have started the thread.

If you're honest here, you have been victim of the malware created by "Montico" and also of identity theft.
Please get in touch with me via email as soon as possible. Please also share details how you gmail-account took you here.

Hmmm... maybe the forum hides my email, I thought it was visible. It is dani147624@gmail.com
P4man

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:25:17 PM

OP=original poster. The person who started this thread. He linked to malware laden "cross miner". Perhaps read the thread from the start. His post was edited to remove the link and his signature was ahmm.. updated.

dani beat me to it, but he is correct. Also, whatever else you do, consider your PC compromised at this point. Be very careful.

account-stolen

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:29:55 PM

Whats with my pc? I have no viruses. I ran Antivir, and everything was ok.
P4man

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:34:52 PM

Whats with my pc? I have no viruses. I ran Antivir, and everything was ok.

Dont believe it. Did you run this "cross miner app"? It was a trojan. There is no telling what else it did, quite possibly a rootkit was installed too. Assuming you are being sincere and not the OP, the only safe course of action is format and reinstall. Consider something other than windows while you're at it.

Also, Im curious.. what was this cross-mining pool? where did you hear about it? How many other people where mining there?

account-stolen

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:40:48 PM

Yes, after uploading my wallet, i ran the miner, but it didnt work, not on my server (which collapsed today) or on my pc.
Reinstall everything?! Is there no way to remove this virus without reinstalling everything?
I've heard from the pool in an email.
No, just 1 other was mining there, but for the first 100 Miners, there is an reward of 10 BTC. But i never got them Sad
P4man

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:48:17 PM

Yes, after uploading my wallet, i ran the miner, but it didnt work, not on my server (which collapsed today) or on my pc.
Reinstall everything?! Is there no way to remove this virus without reinstalling everything?
No, just 1 other was mining there, but for the first 100 Miners, there is an reward of 10 BTC. But i never got them Sad

Wait, you got some random email from someone you dont know offering a 10BTC reward, you "uploaded your wallet" (??), downloaded a binary, ran it on both your server and your desktop ? Are you serious? Can you post that email with header?

Ill be honest. Nothing you say makes any sense. You are supposedly a newbie that has no clue about bitcoin, you never mined before, only now with a miner that isnt a miner but a trojan. Yet you claim to have lost bitcoins?  Moreover I can not find any single reference to this cross miner thing in google, other than in this very thread.

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt, but it seems quite likely you are the very same scammer that started this thread.

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:54:04 PM

Lovely weather for hip waders today... just how much scammer can you cram into a single thread?

Anyone stupid enough to fall for that obvious Trojan deserves to be scammed, but then to have the huevos to come here and try to flog it? You filthy little scumbag! May all of your hard drives lock up, your women get pregnant by your animals and your teeth fall out.
dani147624

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:54:27 PM

Wait, you got some random email from someone you dont know offering a 10BTC reward, you "uploaded your wallet" (??), downloaded a binary, ran it on both your server and your desktop ? Are you serious? Can you post that email with header?

Ill be honest. Nothing you say makes any sense. You are supposedly a newbie that has no clue about bitcoin, you never mined before, only now with a miner that isnt a miner but a trojan. Yet you claim to have lost bitcoins?  Moreover I can not find any single reference to this cross miner thing in google, other than in this very thread.

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt, but it seems quite likely you are the very same scammer that started this thread.

The cross-miner thing is what he mentioned: crossminer.tk. It resolves to the same IP address as wotan.cc
Other than that, it doesn't make much sense. I'm currently having a conversation with him through email, let's see what turns out of this...
account-stolen

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:57:43 PM

Fuck you all, you Bastards.
First, you steal my money, then my bitcoins, hack every Accounts i have and after all this you [don't know the english word for: beleidigen] me?!
Fuck you all. Tomorrow i will call my lawyer. Hope i get everything back, and you bastard are never more allowed to use a Computer!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: