Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Foundation Shakeup - How does this impact perception?  (Read 726 times)
secousa (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 151

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:19:53 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 07:22:26 AM by secousa

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/05/some-in-bitcoin-group-resign-over-new-board-members-link-to-sex-abuse/

Will work for BTC. 13CcdYdeTLH9GxKWpeNh7aAoFokbUTQZRu
http://bit-sim.trade
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:56:51 AM

I have a higher perception of bitcoin now that there is less trust in a centralized group of people.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:02:20 AM

I dislike the hysteria and mob mentality when it comes to accusations of sexual abuse. If the man hasn't been found guilty by a judge it's not our business to judge. Full stop right there. Anyway I don't care about the Bitcoin foundation and its members.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:04:14 AM

I think the btc foundation doesn't have any legitimate impact on public perception because by and large, most of the public has no clue what bitcoin even is, let alone a bitcoin foundation.

If people take an interest in bitcoin enough to educate themselves, then the foundation isn't going to be that relevant to them.  If people have no interest in bitcoin enough to learn more, they care even less about the goings on of a foundation they know nothing about either.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5042

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:12:50 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 03:18:18 PM by Torque

I dislike the hysteria and mob mentality when it comes to accusations of sexual abuse. If the man hasn't been found guilty by a judge it's not our business to judge. Full stop right there. Anyway I don't care about the Bitcoin foundation and its members.

Agreed.  But unfortunately, the media will drag this out into the mainstream after the next bubble pop, when they want to spread FUD to drive the price down again (to benefit their whale trader friends).  Just like they did with all of that "We found the real Satoshi Nakamoto, he's Dorian!" bullshit.

Just like now: Do you see any real bad news about bitcoin in the press right now?  No?  Do ever you wonder why that is?  And do you wonder why there was an absolute avalanche of bad news just after the bubble popped?  Why bad press then, but not now?  Hmmm?  Why did the media bad press end *exactly* when the downturn was done and all of the speculators finally left?  Just coincidence?

And you think that is air that you are breathing now, Neo?   Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: