Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:57:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Thread of Qora :: Second Generation Coin  (Read 7210 times)
qwertyqwerty

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:48:15 AM

WTB 2.5btc worth at 10 satoshis. Pm me.
Attack.of.the.Clones

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:04:38 AM

Just stop trolling, people, ok? If you want to buy at 15 satoshi, post you offer and wait for a seller.

My offer stands.

WTS @ 100 satoshi. Min 1M.

Over 5M — 80 satoshi

Over 10M — 70 satoshi

PM for quick response.

Trolling ... this is business! Is the guy opposite in a business negotiation a troll? You're a bit too sensitive for this 'game' I think.

When someone in business calls 'troll' rather than offering a counter argument it shows they're a bit rattled.

Buyers hold the line, you don't need to pay 100 sats!

dzarmush has avoided attempting to reconcile his choice for a starting price for Qora of 100 sats, and the obvious problem that implies for new comers seeking to have a chance of making a decent return, and thus how Qora gets a community going.

He is saying my case for a 'starting' price of ~15 sats on the Qora price 'ladder' is obviously false, because I'm trolling, which looks a bit weak.

Good one dzarmush, now you can avoid trying to explain how Qora can grow a community when newcomers have next to no chance of making a decent return. Without a community you don't have Qora, and 150 guys isn't a community, and 100 sats at the bottom wont get you one in time before Qora dies on the vine.

I'm making a case using reason and recent history that your 'bottom rung' price on the Qora 'ladder' of 100 satoshi is too high to grow a community, and ultimately very damaging to Qora. You might disagree with my opinion but it's hardly trolling.

I know from experience people have different expectations about what represents a good deal, and many will see 10 satoshi as a good return, and if buyers stop and think. they'll realise this is a buyers market, and they'll hold off on getting caught in a bidding war with other buyers.

If buyers hold for a week or two SOME IPO guys will take a x10 return, and the starting price for Qora will be well below 100 satoshi. That's good for Qora, and good for me, and I'm trying to convince other buyers to think the same. It's business.

If your only argument is, 'he's a troll', it shows you have no answer to my reasoning. I put it down to NXT 73 fever.

Of course the Qora IPO guys have been mentally processing the idea that maybe this is a repeat of NXT, and so you're all going to get rich. Well for that to happen you need ~1500 people to buy into Qora in the next 10-14 days.

Calculate your return on the IPO for 100 sats, and then consider the likelihood that Qora can reach a marketcap of 45 Million USD in 1-2 months, which would give me a x10 return.

I think if anyone does both those calculations they can see your IPO return will be massive, and the next batch of Qora investors (i.e. guys like me) will probably get burned to a crisp when Qora crashes.

My current conclusion is your desire to repeat NXT founder history has clouded your thinking.

You need people like me to buy Qora much more than I need people like you to sell it to me. Why? Because history and experience tells me Qora wont reach 45 Million USD  marketcap within 9-12 months (maybe never), so chances are I won't make even x10 profit if I buy at 100, but you'll still make a massive profit (what is it by the way, I bet you have calculated it), so in this negotiation you have both the capacity to move in my direction, and the need.

Buyers can cool their heels and wait for more realistic sellers to enter the market

I repeat, this is a buyers market.

If you are here to buy keep your powder dry and wait - don't think the price is going to shoot up - no need for a panic buy if the starting price is 100 satoshi.

In 2 weeks if the Qora community is still ~150 people there will be a fire sale. Why? Because x10 return will be enough for some people, and they'll be scared Qora could die before they get a chance to convert it into bitcoins.

All reasoned arguments and opinions, not wishful thinking, or 'don't listen to this guy, he's a troll.

WTB 20 Million Qora @ 15 satoshi
eli_lyd1

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:08:16 AM

Just stop trolling, people, ok? If you want to buy at 15 satoshi, post you offer and wait for a seller.

My offer stands.

Over 5M — 80 satoshi

Over 10M — 70 satoshi

PM for quick response.

Trolling ... this is business! Is the guy opposite in a business negotiation a troll? You're a bit too sensitive for this 'game' I think.

When someone in business calls 'troll' rather than offering a counter argument it shows they're a bit rattled.

Buyers hold the line, you don't need to pay 100 sats!

dzarmush has avoided attempting to reconcile his choice for a starting price for Qora of 100 sats, and the obvious problem that implies for new comers seeking to have a chance of making a decent return, and thus how Qora gets a community going.

He is saying my case for a 'starting' price of ~15 sats on the Qora price 'ladder' is obviously false, because I'm trolling, which looks a bit weak.

Good one dzarmush, now you can avoid trying to explain how Qora can grow a community when newcomers have next to no chance of making a decent return. Without a community you don't have Qora, and 150 guys isn't a community, and 100 sats at the bottom wont get you one in time before Qora dies on the vine.

I'm making a case using reason and recent history that your 'bottom rung' price on the Qora 'ladder' of 100 satoshi is too high to grow a community, and ultimately very damaging to Qora. You might disagree with my opinion but it's hardly trolling.

I know from experience people have different expectations about what represents a good deal, and many will see 10 satoshi as a good return, and if buyers stop and think. they'll realise this is a buyers market, and they'll hold off on getting caught in a bidding war with other buyers.

If buyers hold for a week or two SOME IPO guys will take a x10 return, and the starting price for Qora will be well below 100 satoshi. That's good for Qora, and good for me, and I'm trying to convince other buyers to think the same. It's business.

If your only argument is, 'he's a troll', it shows you have no answer to my reasoning. I put it down to NXT 73 fever.

Of course the Qora IPO guys have been mentally processing the idea that maybe this is a repeat of NXT, and so you're all going to get rich. Well for that to happen you need ~1500 people to buy into Qora in the next 10-14 days.

Calculate your return on the IPO for 100 sats, and then consider the likelihood that Qora can reach a marketcap of 45 Million USD in 1-2 months, which would give me a x10 return.

I think if anyone does both those calculations they can see your IPO return will be massive, and the next batch of Qora investors (i.e. guys like me) will probably get burned to a crisp when Qora crashes.

My current conclusion is your desire to repeat NXT founder history has clouded your thinking.

You need people like me to buy Qora much more than I need people like you to sell it to me. Why? Because history and experience tells me Qora wont reach 45 Million USD  marketcap, so chances are I won't make even x10 profit if I buy at 100, but you'll still make a massive profit (what is it by the way, I bet you have calculated it), so in this negotiation you have both the capacity to move in my direction, and the need.

Buyers can cool their heels and wait for more realistic sellers to enter the market

I repeat, this is a buyers market.

If you are here to buy keep your powder dry and wait - don't think the price is going to shoot up - no need for a panic buy if the starting price is 100 satoshi.

In 2 weeks if the Qora community is still ~150 people there will be a fire sale. Why? Because x10 return will be enough for some people, and they'll be scared Qora could die before they get a chance to convert it into bitcoins.

All reasoned arguments and opinions, not wishful thinking, or 'don't listen to this guy, he's a troll.

50 satoshi is reasonable.
eli_lyd1

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:12:31 AM

I saw so many people are talking about the price.
I think the 50 satoshi is acceptable price, Not too high, Not too low.

So if you really want to buy this coin, Plea talk about at 50 satoshi.
dzarmush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:20:17 AM

My offer stands.

Over 5M — 80 satoshi

Over 10M — 70 satoshi

PM for quick response.

Good luck with that. I'd better pledge 20M coins for dev/marketing fund than dump them for nothing. Everything under 60-70 satoshi is just ridicuolus.

Attack.of.the.Clones

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:20:28 AM

I think in 2-3 weeks 50 satoshi is reasonable, and after that (1-2 months) we would get to 100 sats.

But your primary goal NOW is growing the community, not making a profit in the next 1-3 days.

NXT survived because its founders deliberately sold low to the first wave of buyers. It's all documented in the trading thread of NXT

If Qora guys hold out for 100 sats as the opening price what will happen? How many NXT clones are there now? How many Qora clones will there be in 6 months.

You only get one chance to establish the network effect for 'this' version of Qora.

Attack.of.the.Clones

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:27:20 AM

Good luck with that. I'd better pledge 20M coins for dev/marketing fund than dump them for nothing. Everything under 60-70 satoshi is just ridicuolus.

You wouldn't be dumping them for nothing, you'd be growing a community - I thought you were one of the more insightful guys on this forum. A big pile of money can obviously mess with the mind, but at 100 satoshi I fear you pile of money will be a mirage.

If your opinion was to convince other Qora founders to hold out for 100 then I'll be waiting for a good Qora clone with a node distribution bot like NHZ horizon (wouldn't that be a great coin!), or the inevitable crash from Qora MK 1 (or both).
eli_lyd1

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:39:07 AM

You wouldn't be dumping them for nothing, you'd be growing a community - I thought you were one of the more insightful guys on this forum. A big pile of money can obviously mess with the mind, but at 100 satoshi I fear you pile of money will be a mirage.

If your opinion was to convince other Qora founders to hold out for 100 then I'll be waiting for a good Qora clone with a node distribution bot like NHZ horizon (wouldn't that be a great coin!), or the inevitable crash from Qora MK 1 (or both).

15 satoshi, nobody want to sell.
dzarmush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:43:56 AM

NXT survived because its founders deliberately sold low to the first wave of buyers. It's all documented in the trading thread of NXT

Nobody was aware of Nxt potential, that's why for the first week people sell 1M for 1Btc. I got in very early in Nxt but still I was only able to buy 200K for 1Btc and a week later the price exploded. Most part of distribution happened much later when Nxt hit Bter.

You wouldn't be dumping them for nothing, you'd be growing a community - I thought you were one of the more insightful guys on this forum.

I think that Qora has a huge potential and see no reason to keep price close to zero which 15-25 satoshi is. It'll be better to distribute coins through bounties for development, marketing and nodes but keep the price over 60 satoshi. Everybody would win in this case.

eli_lyd1

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:45:41 AM

Nobody was aware of Nxt potential, that's why for the first week people sell 1M for 1Btc. I got in very early in Nxt but still I was only able to buy 200K for 1Btc and a week later the price exploded. Most part of distribution happened much later when Nxt hit Bter.

You wouldn't be dumping them for nothing, you'd be growing a community - I thought you were one of the more insightful guys on this forum.

I think that Qora has a huge potential and see no reason to keep price close to zero which 15-25 satoshi is. It'll be better to distribute coins through bounties for development, marketing and nodes but keep the price over 60 satoshi. Everybody would win in this case.
YES, 50 satoshi is the lowest price.

dzarmush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:51:21 AM

I couldn't agree more. Shitcoins with 100 billion emission and absolutely no growing potential cost around 5-10 satoshi. Qora is the 2nd gen coin with new source and new POS algo (probably developed by BCNext) with 10B emission couldn't possibly cost lower than 50 satoshi. It's kind of a bottom price.

seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:58:51 AM

I couldn't agree more. Shitcoins with 100 billion emission and absolutely no growing potential cost around 5-10 satoshi. Qora is the 2nd gen coin with new source and new POS algo (probably developed by BCNext) with 10B emission couldn't possibly cost lower than 50 satoshi. It's kind of a bottom price.

so price is set at 50 satoshi, I would only sell 5million for urgent purpose at such price. PM me if u r interested.
MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:02:38 AM

WTB 40 Million @ 35 satoshi = 14 bitcoins
saamxx

Activity: 546
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:30:48 AM

Ready to buy  Qora.
From 1mln.
Only escrow.
Pm me yours offers.
MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:39:35 AM

@dzarmush, I suggest as the OP of this thread you modify the first post to keep track of bids & offers, if you have time. Otherwise people will need to bump bids & offers continuously and this thread will get out of control.

The monero thread is a good example.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=578192.0
andyge

Activity: 509
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:40:45 AM

Ready buy some QORA.
Who want sell some QORA,please PM you offers.
thanks
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:53:18 AM

Qora is *probably* a better coin than all the ones from coinmarketcap you posted, but they have one thing (at least) that Qora doesn't have, and at 100 sats, WONT HAVE - people!

I don't think lightning will strike twice. How many people were part of the Qora IPO? How many Qora millionaires are there?

NXT has spent 5 months trying to get over the 'distribution' issue, and many people are still dismissive of NXT because of the 'unfairness' claims. I'm not hung up on fairness too much, the IPO was open and public, but I'm more worried about a NXT like crash from 0.00012 to 0.00004 - that was painful, and seems inevitable for Qora using your chosen bottom price of 100.

Qora has all the same  distribution baggage NXT has/had, but at 100 satoshi, you'll have about 150 guys with enough self-interest to grow,defend & promote Qora, and that's not enough. IMO NXT succeeded because in the first 2 weeks the price was so low the user base (and fan base) increased by a multiple of 10-100 very quickly - the 73 grew to a few thousand because prices were low, and the founders offloaded lots of NXT and created lots of new NXT people. 95-98% of the most active NXT people weren't in the 73.

I'll wait for 15, and I think if most of the buyers do some thinking they'll realise my points are valid, and Qora @ 100 satoshi is a HUGE risk. Buy NXT today and you can almost guarantee a return in 6 months. Buy Qora for 100 sats today and you *can't* say the same thing. Maybe Qora will be at 10 million marketcap, but with 150 guys, plus a few desperate Klingons willing to pay 100 sats I doubt it

Qora needs 1500 swingin' dicks on the ground in 10 days time, and I doubt you'll have that unless you start thinking long term. You can make good return from Qora, but 100 sats is greedy NXT 73 fever.

150 people isn't a viable coin, it's a weekend BBQ in the park with family and friends Smiley
I can't agree you more.
dzarmush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:54:59 AM

@dzarmush, I suggest as the OP of this thread you modify the first post to keep track of bids & offers, if you have time. Otherwise people will need to bump bids & offers continuously and this thread will get out of control.

Interesting. But does it actually work? I mean nobody knows if an offer is still available or deal has been closed.

seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:56:34 AM

i was thinking about doing this job last night. if dzarmush dont want do it, then i will start a new thread.
kjadB

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:57:37 AM

WTB qora @ 40 satoshi, 10-20 million

can use escrow, or i send first for trusted forum users
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: