Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:43:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain with negative blockreward. POB instead of POW.  (Read 569 times)
agorism (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:43:38 PM

How about using POB for the mining.
The blockreward would be negative.

Have the ratio satoshis/bitcoin re-adjust every block, to maintain 21,000,000 bitcoin total. People who invest in coins will watch the number of coins they own magically grow.

Blocktime is now dependent upon demand. If lots of people are trying to send txs at once, then blocks go faster.

The miner should demand enough fees from customers to pay the negative blockreward, and make a small profit.
instead of caring about number of confirmations, you care about how many coins were burned since your txs was included. If you are accepting 1000 coins, then you should wait for the transaction to be at least 1000 coins deep before shipping the product.

I think that this coin would require no POW, except for anti-spam.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
agorism (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 06:11:46 PM

I explore this in more detail here: https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/hash-slinging-slasher

A pure POB currency does not work.

I think slasher+POB might be secure, and not require any POW at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: