Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:14:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: loan needed  (Read 779 times)
bowlerman235 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:54:55 PM

I am in need of a loan of ~.4 BTC. I know that I am a newbie but that is because I don't have a lot of time to spend on forums. I can promise you that I am not a scam. I am willing to offer up some of my mining equipment as collateral for the loan. Also, I can devote some of the hashing power to a pool of your choosing.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:57:03 PM

I am in need of a loan of ~.4 BTC. I know that I am a newbie but that is because I don't have a lot of time to spend on forums. I can promise you that I am not a scam. I am willing to offer up some of my mining equipment as collateral for the loan. Also, I can devote some of the hashing power to a pool of your choosing.

Unless you are sending the collateral to be held in escrow for the duration of the loan, it isn't collateral.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=611495.0

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:42:28 AM

Unless you are sending the collateral to be held in escrow for the duration of the loan, it isn't collateral.

I agree. You can't offer the equipment and hash of our choosing at the same time. Further, what kind of equipment are you referring to provide?

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 06:36:02 AM

I can promise you that I am not a scam. I am willing to offer up some of my mining equipment as collateral for the loan. Also, I can devote some of the hashing power to a pool of your choosing.

Well, I'm pretty sure everyone that has ever scammed has either said that or implied it. Doesn't really mean anything. As for your collateral - you'd need to list out what you would be willing to send to a reputable escrow, collateral in your own hand is not collateral. Mining power also doesn't represent collateral - you could just as easily switch to a different address.
bowlerman235 (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:29:57 PM

I'm sorry you guys have little faith in an honest person.

As far as the equipment:

7x block erupter blades
Gtx 770
4x Block erupter USB
Back plane & Power supply
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:34:37 PM

As far as the equipment:

7x block erupter blades
Gtx 770
4x Block erupter USB

Scam thread is full of people who said the same thing.

And you need to answer:

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 01:16:55 PM

As far as the equipment:

7x block erupter blades
Gtx 770
4x Block erupter USB

Yep, we have very little faith in a noob asking for a loan without a real collateral.
Ship the collateral off to a trusted third party, you'll get a loan right away.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 02:34:37 PM

As far as the equipment:

7x block erupter blades
Gtx 770
4x Block erupter USB

Yep, we have very little faith in a noob asking for a loan without a real collateral.
Ship the collateral off to a trusted third party, you'll get a loan right away.

Saying that you have the equipment means nothing, if you actually have the equipment and you intend to scam, you would take the money and not ship the collateral.
We have no idea if you are honest or not. So don't blame us.
bowlerman235 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 12:35:12 AM

Well you guys don't have to worry about it anymore. I got the bitcoin. I was having issues with coinbase but they fixed it.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 02:04:21 PM

Well you guys don't have to worry about it anymore. I got the bitcoin. I was having issues with coinbase but they fixed it.

lol yet another typical scammer move... Even if You aren't, careful.  When scammers see no chance, they make up a lame excuse like You Just did There Roll Eyes
byt411

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:19:25 PM

lol yet another typical scammer move... Even if You aren't, careful.  When scammers see no chance, they make up a lame excuse like You Just did There Roll Eyes

Also, being a newbie and asking for a loan isn't a good idea, you just got a big red trust rating from Vod :/
bowlerman235 (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:08:18 PM

Some of you people are just asses. I am sorry that I asked for anything. I will remember that next time any of you guys are in need of any help.

If any moderators read this, please delete this thread as the issue behind the thread has been resolved.
byt411

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:39:36 PM

Some of you people are just asses. I am sorry that I asked for anything. I will remember that next time any of you guys are in need of any help.

If any moderators read this, please delete this thread as the issue behind the thread has been resolved.

Thanks for your consideration, but im sure that we can abide the rules of 'no collateral, no loan'.
You can lock this thread yourself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: