Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:39:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the fuck do we still use cash?  (Read 6644 times)
Giulio Prisco

Activity: 173
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:18:01 AM

cash really helps people launder money and black market..

I prefer a world where bad things can happen occasionally, to a world where everyone is watched by Big Brother all the time.
NoDreamsWatching

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:24:42 AM

We're still using cash because modern economy is a bitch and hard to overcome. Just like my ex-girlfriend.
hamza171

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:20:15 AM

because cash don't get hacked ,besides it's the habit
Bigbear8

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:31:44 AM

Because we can print a lot of "empty' dollars that aren't worth anything when ever we want and with crytpo currency you can't print money when  you want to!  Cheesy
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:24:01 PM

Because in some (very pristine) parts of the world a smartphone still cannot receive a cell or wifi signal. I know of some people who would first forget to take their wallets with them before their smart phones. I think if you threw them out in the middle of a jungle to fend for themselves using survival skills they would die very quickly.
BillyBobJoe

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:21:01 PM

when we already have crypto currencies, master cards, paypal and other shit, why do we use cash?

Cash is still the simplest means to exchange money anonymously and securely without Big Brother watching.

Exactly. I recently lost my ATM card. Called the bank and we had to got through each and every recent transaction. She told me that I stopped at Starbucks first thing in the morning, where I had lunch, which grocery store I stopped at in the afternoon, where I then got gas, etc.

I wonder if the OP even gets my point.
BillyBobJoe

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:24:29 PM

You tell me if you need transfer fees to transfer your cash from one person to another.

NO. Simply hand it to them.
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:27:17 PM

when we already have crypto currencies, master cards, paypal and other shit, why do we use cash?
because cash keeps its lips sealed when it needs to and talks when it needs to.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:52:05 PM

Americans love plastic. It's absurd even to europeans.

I use cash because I don't like having debt. Plastic is too convenient, cash forces you to think about your finances and makes it impossible to spend more than you have.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:49:13 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 08:08:27 PM by Yakamoto

I use cash because if the power goes out (But the government remains in power) how the fack are you going to pay for anything? We have a long way to go before credit cards can be used during power outages.

I read somewhere that "The most evil secret society in the world"* wanted to change all the payment options and all money to be digital, so they could wipe the power grid and bring back slavery.

I don't mind physical assets.

*I'm not a conspiracy-nut. It's a quote from the source.
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:50:44 PM

I don't use cash. I always buy things online or use debit card.
hensi (OP)

Activity: 70

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:04:49 PM

well thats like a nice boy.. keep it up
BCwinning

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:26:45 PM

Your government thanks you for being a good upstanding citizen that allows them to know all about you.
Ikea thanks you for the targeted advertising opportunity.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
hensi (OP)

Activity: 70

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:20:31 PM

Your government thanks you for being a good upstanding citizen that allows them to know all about you.
What is the problem with giving the full information to government about the transactions?? It will help the fair one and will help in punishing the person who does wrong.
BCwinning

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:51:48 PM

What is the problem with giving the full information to government about the transactions?? It will help the fair one and will help in punishing the person who does wrong.
If it needs to be explained you wouldn't understand still.

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:00:35 PM

Personally, unless I can use Bitcoin, I prefer to use cash. Although I rarely care about this, cash is more anonymous than Bitcoin.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:49:29 PM

Cash is great compared to credit cards and paypal. Why hate on cash? If things go the wrong way in the future we might look back on the days we could transact anonymously in cash fondly.
K128kevin2

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:06:04 PM

We still use cash because it is convenient and we derive security from being able to physically see and hold our money.
gloryninja

Activity: 345

Trusted Member

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Maybe when the cryptocoins arent too volatile or complex for some to understand

Custom Built Gaming Desktops and GPU Rigs!
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 12:16:20 AM

paypals and credit cards introduces taxes, and not everyone is willing or able to have them(you need to have credit and identity avaliations). Even cryptos have transfer taxes

paypals and credit cards aren't easily avaliable in all globe

not everyone is into computer and stuff

not everyone trusts virtual payments

with plastic money you can't hide how much you spend from the gov

some people just can't control themselves when they have credit card, so ends up endivided and puts the guilty on the credit cards

you can't buy illegal stuff like durgs and falsified stuff with credit cards

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: