Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:50:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the fuck do we still use cash?  (Read 6638 times)
snaildvorak

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:32:48 AM

for daily transaction and small use, cash is still more simple and faster than bitcoin!

And cheaper.

Bitcoin usefulness lied on cross border trade where you can send to the merchant/seller fast without having to pay high currency conversion fee and higher than needed transaction fee.

yes that is true. Thanks for adding  Wink
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:27:04 AM

for daily transaction and small use, cash is still more simple and faster than bitcoin!

And cheaper.

Bitcoin usefulness lied on cross border trade where you can send to the merchant/seller fast without having to pay high currency conversion fee and higher than needed transaction fee.

yes that is true. Thanks for adding  Wink

Yeah, I use localbitcoins quite a bit and I'm getting hit on both ends with buying and selling coins at a markup.

In this regard bitcoin still has long way to go.

Maybe in the future when there's a lot more volume these spreads will come down and sellers margins will thin out. But I think we're still a long way away from that happening.
Coinsera

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:36:14 PM

when we already have crypto currencies, master cards, paypal and other shit, why do we use cash?

To move corruption around the world, and that's fact. !!

Thanks
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:50:54 PM

Why not have cash as an alternative?  It's just about the only (non-crypto) option that offers any privacy.  Besides, sometimes it's just easier to use than anything else.  Not easy to shove USD from your credit card into an envelope to give as a gift, for example.  And good luck using your credit card if it is stolen/lost/damaged/the system is down/there's no connectivity/etc.
ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:47:15 PM

Physical monetary system will be around for a long while as well as its physical form of some kind.

Cash is good. Bitcoin better. Cash will still exist, because digital data has its weaaknesses that cash does not.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:24:45 PM

Physical monetary system will be around for a long while as well as its physical form of some kind.

Cash is good. Bitcoin better. Cash will still exist, because digital data has its weaaknesses that cash does not.

Cash is easier to steal, easier to lose and easier to destroy. With even minimal security your bit coin is many times safer than cash. What we need to do now is simply make it more convenient. 

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 08:48:37 PM

when we already have crypto currencies, master cards, paypal and other shit, why do we use cash?

As a matter of fact, many governments WANT to try to abolish paper money because it is bad for them. People can do illegal shit, can earn money without paying taxes, are anonymous ect.

Online cash (paypal, CCs ect) are perfectly traceable and the governments LOVE that.

snaildvorak

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:35:38 AM

As a matter of fact, many governments WANT to try to abolish paper money because it is bad for them. People can do illegal shit, can earn money without paying taxes, are anonymous ect.

Online cash (paypal, CCs ect) are perfectly traceable and the governments LOVE that.

maybe I'm wrong but the governments love paper money because they can print as much as they want? so I think it's impossible they want to abolish paper money.
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 02:02:15 AM

Because Crypto, Cards etc. are still not accepted everywhere and people feel more comfortable dealing in cash plus dealing in cash doesn't require a great deal of knowledge on how to use it, you purchase something and you pay the amount, done, which isn't same with other forms of money. One needs to have certain understanding on how to use crypto currencies or paypal or cards. which is why most people still use cash.

cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:06:20 AM

altough i see in cryptocurrency a high potential
i still prefer cash
if you eliminate cash goverments can take the total control
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:07:04 AM

maybe I'm wrong but the governments love paper money because they can print as much as they want? so I think it's impossible they want to abolish paper money.

You don't need to print it to increase the supply, you can just do it electronically. 

snaildvorak

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:48:01 AM

You don't need to print it to increase the supply, you can just do it electronically. 

That's why I love bitcoin. The government can't increase the supply as they want.
Now I wonder why many governments do not fully support bitcoin. hhe
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:25:25 AM

Because when everything goes online, you have people doing a huge amount of attacks to steal this online money. Bitcoin's value is purely based off of nothing. Originally, money was backed up my precious metals.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:43:36 PM

Cash is extremely useful for quick transactions. Some places are still cash only, even. It's faster than credit cards for a lot of POS transactions (think convenience stores). And sometimes you want to remain anonymous...

okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:52:47 PM

We have cash yet because it is only so recently that we have things like smartphones widespread.
And I think that for cash to disappear we would at least have to have internet everywhere. how would you give your kid school money in the car?
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:04:43 PM

Cash is extremely useful for quick transactions. Some places are still cash only, even. It's faster than credit cards for a lot of POS transactions (think convenience stores). And sometimes you want to remain anonymous...

The cost of using cash is usually less then it is for most other payment methods, especially with lower cost items.
BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:51:29 PM

The cost of using cash is usually less then it is for most other payment methods, especially with lower cost items.
plus cash doesn't leave a trail, every digital payment has a transaction attached to it.
When IPV6 is implemented world wide and every citizen of the world is assigned an IP the transaction trail just gets clearer.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
NapoleonBonaparte

Activity: 176

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:01:26 PM

plus cash doesn't leave a trail, every digital payment has a transaction attached to it.
When IPV6 is implemented world wide and every citizen of the world is assigned an IP the transaction trail just gets clearer.

Reason why anon coin such as darkcoin is gaining attention.
scribbles

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:56:03 PM

well i also wanna get a qr code tattoo on my palm. but i doubt that any qr code reader would be able to read it.

Cool idea, BUT don't get that tattoo (or any tattoo) on your palm! The ink fades and bleeds together much faster than other places on your body rendering the qr code unreadable in short order.

Get that mofo tattooed on your forehead  Wink

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
NapoleonBonaparte

Activity: 176

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:04:23 PM

Cash payment have the lowest fee for local trade.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: