Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:33:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the current "slow creep higher" the start of a Huge BTC Rally?  (Read 2093 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:18:02 AM

The market has very slowly gained ~$30/btc since the last low.
Do you think this is setting up for a slam-down to $400 (maybe lower), or a "rising base" for the next Huge Rally?
...or both? (i.e. Fast down, then a real rally)

Any guess what time-frame?
Will the whole summer be boring or will the action pick up long before Autumn?
The most accurate predictions win a lifetime of income from your own trading skills.  Smiley

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:52:48 AM

No one knows.

I think it will be pretty stupid for the price to go lower when we have had so much good news about Bitcoin lately
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:15:07 AM

Do you think this is setting up for a slam-down to $400 (maybe lower), or a "rising base" for the next Huge Rally?

The most accurate predictions win a lifetime of income from your own trading skills.  Smiley

LOL, good one.

I predict that everyone will fall asleep waiting and nobody will know Wink
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:12:29 AM

dump-attempts repetedly fail. I'd say we go sideways for a while creeping up slowly maybe a little drop here or there (10$ / 20$) and finally acceleration and big stampede then. Run up to at least 1000$ by mid-summer.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:24:12 AM

we will see this price for some weeks. Still remember BTC stagnated at 800's for almost one month
i dig bitcoins

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:36:02 AM

dump-attempts repetedly fail. I'd say we go sideways for a while creeping up slowly maybe a little drop here or there (10$ / 20$) and finally acceleration and big stampede then. Run up to at least 1000$ by mid-summer.

Did you notice that on Bitstamp? Apparently there's this character or group (haven't checked the order book for stamp) that's been trying to collapse the price by dumping ~ 730 coins for the past 4 days or so. Not sure what his/their intention is because most of the easily skittish have already been panicked and driven off. Its quite easy to see by looking at the chart on bitcoinwisdom and examining the 15 minute volume. Its amusing to see the price holding but you never know... there may still be some nervous types left just waiting to get plucked. Its been entertaining to watch this play out. Just conjecture but this guy must really be greedy or delusional or perhaps he knows something that we don't. Maybe its one of the chinese pump and dumpers who didn't recieve the memo  Grin
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:39:42 AM

I think that if anyone could accurately determine what is going to happen, and the time frame, they would be rich right now.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
RandomPedestrianN9

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:23:52 AM

Yes, price slowly creeping up with dropping volume.

Very bullish
Such CHOO CHOO
Much sense
Negative volume @ 1 000 000 onwards
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:27:09 AM

Did you notice that on Bitstamp? Apparently there's this character or group (haven't checked the order book for stamp) that's been trying to collapse the price by dumping ~ 730 coins for the past 4 days or so. Not sure what his/their intention is because most of the easily skittish have already been panicked and driven off. Its quite easy to see by looking at the chart on bitcoinwisdom and examining the 15 minute volume. Its amusing to see the price holding but you never know... there may still be some nervous types left just waiting to get plucked. Its been entertaining to watch this play out. Just conjecture but this guy must really be greedy or delusional or perhaps he knows something that we don't. Maybe its one of the chinese pump and dumpers who didn't recieve the memo  Grin
Why is there is some grand conspiracy theory over the motivation of someone selling a mere 700 coins? It's just 700 coins. It's not that many. Someone is just trading/selling a small amount of coins like that because they have to. It could be a miner, company, trader, whatever. They probably don't have the slightest thought about market manipulation. You guys just need to completely stop analyzing price movements and trades  when there is pathetically low volume, at all.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:32:31 AM

Did you notice that on Bitstamp? Apparently there's this character or group (haven't checked the order book for stamp) that's been trying to collapse the price by dumping ~ 730 coins for the past 4 days or so. Not sure what his/their intention is because most of the easily skittish have already been panicked and driven off. Its quite easy to see by looking at the chart on bitcoinwisdom and examining the 15 minute volume. Its amusing to see the price holding but you never know... there may still be some nervous types left just waiting to get plucked. Its been entertaining to watch this play out. Just conjecture but this guy must really be greedy or delusional or perhaps he knows something that we don't. Maybe its one of the chinese pump and dumpers who didn't recieve the memo  Grin
Why is there is some grand conspiracy theory over the motivation of someone selling a mere 700 coins? It's just 700 coins. It's not that many. Someone is just trading/selling a small amount of coins like that because they have to. It could be a miner, company, trader, whatever. They probably don't have the slightest thought about market manipulation. You guys just need to completely stop analyzing price movements and trades  when there is pathetically low volume, at all.

But you don't understand! 700 coins is like 93% of the entire Bitcoin network!

It could just be someone who bought a house with Bitcoin. Or a Lamborghini, :p.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
RandomPedestrianN9

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:48:48 AM

How does one buy Lamborghini with Bitcoins he or she just sold for USD cash? I dont get it.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:57:13 AM

How does one buy Lamborghini with Bitcoins he or she just sold for USD cash? I dont get it.

Step 1: Person buys Lamborghini using Bitcoin
Step 2: Person or Dealership cashes in Bitcoin to pay for new stock (another Lambo)
Step 3: You see the coins be converted into cash because the dealership or car seller had to cash them in

Hope that clears it up.

RandomPedestrianN9

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:58:44 AM

Step 2: Person or Dealership cashes in Bitcoin to pay for new stock (another Lambo)
Step 3: You see the coins be converted into cash because the dealership or car seller had to cash them in

Hope that clears it up.

Ok, maybe second hand Lamborghini, Lamborghini company doesnt accept Bitcoin.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:01:39 AM

Hope that clears it up.

http://www.coindesk.com/lamborghini-dealership-sells-cars-bitcoins/

That'd be a dealership, which works on behalf of Lamborghini. So it's the same thing.

RandomPedestrianN9

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:04:57 AM

Hope that clears it up.

http://www.coindesk.com/lamborghini-dealership-sells-cars-bitcoins/

That'd be a dealership, which works on behalf of Lamborghini. So it's the same thing.

Not rly, Lamborghini company receives cash, they dont even know what BTC is.
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:08:35 PM

For a time I had the expectation the the velocity of bubbles would continue at the same speed (April --> November --> ...) but I now see that this is likely unsustainable. I think even if we see a nice bull rally soon, it will retrace the November bubble heights and we will probably drop to longer term support trends before a real implulsive bubble up.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:16:44 PM

Not rly, Lamborghini company receives cash, they dont even know what BTC is.

Dealerships work on behalf of the manufacturer (it's a bit more intricate than just "working for"). When you buy a vehicle from a dealership, it's the same thing. All the dealership is doing with the BTC is cashing it in for fiat, as that's the only way to pay the supplier. Therefore you are buying a vehicle in BTC, and the dealership is the middle-man that converts it.

BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:44:14 PM

The most accurate predictions win a lifetime of income from your own trading skills.  Smiley

I think that if anyone could accurately determine what is going to happen, and the time frame, they would be rich right now.

You mean like Risto?  Or Goat?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:50:09 PM

You mean like Risto?  Or Goat?

Did they just take a risk and it pay off, or were they absolutely sure they knew what was going to happen? I can spend $1 on the lottery and win $500m. It doesn't mean I knew what the numbers were ahead of time or that I'd win.

Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:04:21 PM

For a time I had the expectation the the velocity of bubbles would continue at the same speed (April --> November --> ...) but I now see that this is likely unsustainable. I think even if we see a nice bull rally soon, it will retrace the November bubble heights and we will probably drop to longer term support trends before a real implulsive bubble up.

Yes, perhaps instead of a "Huge BTC Rally" we will retest the all-time high.
$900 to $1,100 might be enough to give the Bears a much stronger case. With the price now down more than 60% it seems foolish to sit with excess cash.

Even Bear markets have rallies and we are due for a good one soon.  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: