Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:11:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best investment at this time?  (Read 1517 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:17:58 PM

Here is my choice (in the order of the most preferred one to the least):

1. Farmland / Ranches
2. Bullion
3. Bitcoin
4. Stocks
5. US Treasury Bonds
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:55:41 PM

As I said in the other thread about this:

Buy and hold. No mining. No daytrading. Just read bitcointalk to see how many people have been burned.

But no one has been burned just buying and holding bitcoin over any reasonable amount of time.
RCHumphrey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:59:12 PM

As I said in the other thread about this:

Buy and hold. No mining. No daytrading. Just read bitcointalk to see how many people have been burned.

But no one has been burned just buying and holding bitcoin over any reasonable amount of time.

True though that is with BTC now, its by no means guaranteed. Many people with stocks that have nosedived would have said the same thing about their shares, although I accept they are very different products.
K128kevin2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:02:52 PM

Say I have some money (not A LOT but enough) and I want to invest it in something bit coin related.  What is my best bet?  As I see it there are several things I can do with my money.

1)  Get some hardware and start mining.  LOL.
2)  Buy some Bitcoins.
3)  Invest in virtual cloud hashing.
4)  Something else?

The first one is a no go.  The third one sort of assumes you earn more btc than you spend on the contract (or its monetary equivalent).  Lots of ifs there.

Buying btc seems a good option but if you look at the price charts for the last year, the prices are high and they are still going down.  They re still about 4x what they were last year.  If you buy now the value may go down before it goes back up again.  In which case its best to wait till it bottoms out and buy then.

Any suggestions on option 3?

My gut says do something but my brain says leave it 6 months.

I think that buying BTC and waiting for the value to rise honestly is the best option by far. Mining is a hassle and so many things can go wrong. When you just buy bitcoin, you know right away exactly what your total investment is, and you know exactly how much BTC you are getting.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 12:28:14 AM

The best invest is :
4/ buy or build your own house.

house is not investing, because you'll be sitting in your money, and won't be able to invest in anything else profitable.  Plus if you have to move around you'll prob lose money by selling your house in  hurry or by it being vacant by some time at least. And the gov can always take your house undr any pretext.

I think Robert Kiyosaki speaks about this in one if his books, I think maybe on the Why we want you to be rich book
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 12:37:00 AM

Buy $100 worth of bitcoins and see if you can keep it from getting stolen or losing the password for 2 months.  If you can then you can buy more.  Don't buy anything but bitcoin.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
hensi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:11:12 PM

I guess the best option is to invest in alternative crypto currencies. Just study the altcoins and buy whichever you like, they can give you returns upto 1000% Cheesy
hensi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:12:03 PM

Buy $100 worth of bitcoins and see if you can keep it from getting stolen or losing the password for 2 months.  If you can then you can buy more.  Don't buy anything but bitcoin.
Why not anything else?? I got my investment on altcoins to give me 10x return.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: