Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:42:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Bot Project  (Read 474 times)
mikexine (OP)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:11:29 PM

Hello everyone!
I'm trying to make a bot for Cryptsy & learn Python, together.
My work is available here: GitHub.
It is not anything special but it works (at least, most of the times.. Smiley )

The whole description is on GitHub; basically: the user has to decide on which currency pair wants to trade and some values for the prices, then the bot starts his work and creates the buy order, waits for the buy order to be filled up, creates the sell order, waits for the execution of the sell order and restarts the cycle.

I suppose many people already have something better; anyway, feel free to help if you're interested, and do whatever you want with the code (obviously, I do NOT take any responsability). I hope it may be helpful for someone Smiley

p.S: I'm trying to do something to use the therocktrading.com APIs with Python in 'an easy way', but it is far from complete (https://github.com/mikexine/TheRock-Py). I'll add some code as soon as I can - again, if someone wants to help me or to give me a feedback, just tell me Smiley
kwilliams

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:50:47 PM

Beware as Cryptsy.com is known to lose finds and be unfriendly for automation. On April 28 , 2014 I’ve attempted to withdraw some coins from Cryptsy.com. The withdrawal got stuck and never came through. After opening two separate tickets (#128955, #131570) and having bunch of futile exchanges with a person(s) named “Phoebe”, it became apparent that:

a) I won’t see my money back.

b) Cryptsy managed to lose track of my funds, could not provide transaction numbers and was not interested in working with me on finding the problem.

Note to NSA: please note in my personal file that the above comment, as well as any and all communications dating back to AOL/1993, are wholly fictitious, and are to be regarded as such. The later statement is to remain in effect until reversed by me personally in a waterboard-free questioning.
mikexine (OP)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:49:09 PM

Beware as Cryptsy.com is known to lose finds and be unfriendly for automation. On April 28 , 2014 I’ve attempted to withdraw some coins from Cryptsy.com. The withdrawal got stuck and never came through. After opening two separate tickets (#128955, #131570) and having bunch of futile exchanges with a person(s) named “Phoebe”, it became apparent that:

a) I won’t see my money back.

b) Cryptsy managed to lose track of my funds, could not provide transaction numbers and was not interested in working with me on finding the problem.

thank you very much for the warning  I'll be careful. I would like to ask you just two things: your stucked withdrawals were made from inside the website or by API calls? And, based on your experience, which alt-coins exchange is the best one? Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: