Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:20:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who are these "big investors" and what are they waiting for?  (Read 3783 times)
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:31:33 PM

to be fair, the exchange infrastructure is pretty damn scary to anyone with real money to lose. and it is hard to know what is happening off the exchanges.

CGB has been flawless from the start. Bitcoin/cryptocoins were designed so people can be their own bank and someone with real money needs to learn to hold their own coins too.
Buy and withdraw it to your own wallets if you plan to hold. That being said I have never had a bad experience with Cryptsy, aside of a period they had to deal with growth issues
(from 2,000 accounts to 200,000 accounts in the last months 2013). They always solve issues promptly and fair.
Marbit

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:25:48 PM

to be fair, the exchange infrastructure is pretty damn scary to anyone with real money to lose. and it is hard to know what is happening off the exchanges.

CGB has been flawless from the start. Bitcoin/cryptocoins were designed so people can be their own bank and someone with real money needs to learn to hold their own coins too.
Buy and withdraw it to your own wallets if you plan to hold. That being said I have never had a bad experience with Cryptsy, aside of a period they had to deal with growth issues
(from 2,000 accounts to 200,000 accounts in the last months 2013). They always solve issues promptly and fair.

What does that have to do with anything? How is this any different for some crap altcoin like CGB when my point is that trusting any of these exchanges (definitely Crypsty included) is a huge risk?

And the idea that you send money to immediately buy at any price to remove to cold storage (out of fear) doesn't jive with the idea of accredited investors using real platforms to time their entry correctly.

We shouldn't have to buy NOW simply because our $ are unfit to hold on exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: