Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 04:35:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FACEBOOK IS DEAD  (Read 7127 times)
cookmac

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:44:41 PM

I only use facebook to lurk like a creeper, and see if there is any cute friends within mutal friends to fuk.
neil95

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:28:09 PM

Facebook is far from being dead. Sorry :p
cookmac

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:33:30 PM

The only reason (or at least the main reason) why facebook is retaining people is that because most likely their friends are using it and it is a convenient way to know what they are up two and to communicate with them, and this is the sole reason why I'm still using it tbh, I just check it from time to time that's all for me

Yeah, I think this is about 90% are at.

Outside using it to hook up (:
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:26:32 PM

The only reason (or at least the main reason) why facebook is retaining people is that because most likely their friends are using it and it is a convenient way to know what they are up two and to communicate with them, and this is the sole reason why I'm still using it tbh, I just check it from time to time that's all for me

yeah, the thing is, once you have so many people locked into your ecosystem, people will become less likely to give up your service. i don't know what it's called, but a lot of sites let you log into your account via your facebook info.. because facebook accounts are almost as ubiquitous as e-mail accounts.

exactly and websites allowing you to log with your facebook credentiels goes both ways, because FB made it that way and want to make people more dependant on their system and those websites want the informations from your facebook account, which can be a tresor for some companies and I'm sure the facebook is the biggest gift to the NSA could ever dream of
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:32:00 PM

Yeah, I would really like to delete my Facebook account. (I only use Twitter now Tongue) but over the years it's accumulated some good pictures and such so I really don't want to :/
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #JRG3vVl5JmmWg2qR

cookmac

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:21:09 PM

Yeah, I would really like to delete my Facebook account. (I only use Twitter now Tongue) but over the years it's accumulated some good pictures and such so I really don't want to :/
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #JRG3vVl5JmmWg2qR

You can deactivate your account in there settings. But not sure about completely deleting it.

You`ll eventually come back since it owns instragram, and almost everything now lol.
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:24:59 PM

You can deactivate your account in there settings. But not sure about completely deleting it.

You`ll eventually come back since it owns instragram, and almost everything now lol.

The dilemma I have is the fact that I have so many years of pictures and video saved up that it seems like it would hurt deactivating the account Tongue
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #eBqSXFwccp9yNAqm

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:25:08 PM

I've never used facebook and never will. It just never seemed fun for me
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:26:43 PM

I've never used facebook and never will. It just never seemed fun for me

Twitter's where it's at.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #W7VPKJ3mcGuL60XK

CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:26:47 PM

Facebook is a decent political aggregate. It's also how I found out about bitcoin. I use it almost entirely for vacation pictures, kids pictures, and as my political soapbox. I consider it a personal victory when conservative friends share posts from libertarian pages. There are many instances where it was very likely they only found that page because of my posts.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:03:58 PM

I only use facebook so my lost friends can find me. I do not have any photos on there, just my simple profile. There was a time I had it installed on my phone and I can keep up with some of my friends' updates. Ever since they start putting ads in between the posts, I uninstalled it.

I do think facebook has reached a plateau and it is extremely difficult for it to hit another peak in the future, but it does have a massive global fan base which is impossible to ignore. It is may not be growing, but not dead, or dying.
WEB slicer
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:08:50 PM

look at their revenue. that's rock solid growth. they are getting rich by acquiring other companies and selling user data.

http://money.cnn.com/quote/financials/financials.html?symb=FB

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:22:23 PM

look at their revenue. that's rock solid growth. they are getting rich by acquiring other companies and selling user data.

http://money.cnn.com/quote/financials/financials.html?symb=FB

yep, that's apparently what you do when you have so much cash laying around.. just buy other guys and continue to get bigger and bigger. google and apple do the same.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:36:59 PM

Just for the record this topic was started by a bot.

While it was an interesting topic to reply to we shouldn't add to these bots threads.

How do you know that it have been started by a bot?
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:38:51 PM

Does anything think that google+ will take over in the future?
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:45:35 PM

Not only facebook the whole social networking concept might face a decline in user adoption..! Its more like You use it and you get enough of it within a year or so.. and start avoiding it same case with FB , watsapp , twitter, etc...!

Hardly.  There are so many people addicted to social media its disgusting!  I have facebook and I keep certain people on there just for a good laugh.  They facebook everywhere they are, take pics of their foods, etc. 

I see more and more young people glued to their phones while at the pub instead of socializing with those around them.  Sadly social media is here to stay I'm afraid.

The fact facebook is trading for roughly $60 bucks proves its far from dead.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:54:20 PM

Not only facebook the whole social networking concept might face a decline in user adoption..! Its more like You use it and you get enough of it within a year or so.. and start avoiding it same case with FB , watsapp , twitter, etc...!

Hardly.  There are so many people addicted to social media its disgusting!  I have facebook and I keep certain people on there just for a good laugh.  They facebook everywhere they are, take pics of their foods, etc. 

I see more and more young people glued to their phones while at the pub instead of socializing with those around them.  Sadly social media is here to stay I'm afraid.

The fact facebook is trading for roughly $60 bucks proves its far from dead.

yeah, i think it's BS. social networking will continue to grow because we live in a society where everyone wants to be famous for the sake of being famous.. if facebook does start facing attrition, another guy will pop up and the game will be more level... that, or facebook will buy them out, kind of like instagram.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:59:11 PM

Actually, Facebook is quite alive. "Facebook is dead" has been said a thousand times before it's IPO. I'm actually fairly certain facebook is not dead.

Hell, it's funny, cause facebook is worth more than all of bitcoin currently. Does this mean bitcoin is dead?

AnimeBoy_007

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:00:30 PM

Yes, it's getting boring. But, I still use facebook to chat with my friends. Also i use it to share meme. Tongue
Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 11:02:59 PM

Facebook is growing in users every year so I don't know how you can say it's dead. I'm also pretty sure it is growing in profits, too.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: