Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:26:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreamcoin 10BTC and 10,000DRM bounty READ Super coders ONLY  (Read 2144 times)
Collegestudent (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:26:12 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 10:57:52 AM by Collegestudent

BOUNTY

I will pay 10 BTC and 5000 DRM to any developer (including the OP) who successfully integrates ring signatures into DRM.  It must be committed to Github and on a testnet so we can test it by May 25nd.  If by May 27th it is on mainnet, you get the 10 BTC.  If you miss the deadline but successfully implement them by June 10th, I'll provide 2 BTC.  You must accept the challenge by 10pm pacific on May 19th and update us with your progress no less than once every 18 hours.  Failure to do so nullifies this offer.

I will pay an additional 10 BTC and 2000 DRM to any developer who integrates DarkSend Anonymous technology into DRM within 5 days of DarkCoin open sourcing it as long as the first bounty above was claimed.  If ring signatures were not successfully implemented then this offer is null and void.

If DRM has ring signatures (BEFORE Darkcoin) and Darksend not long after, it will be an excellent competitor, especially as POS.

If these two technologies are successfully implemented, I will happily fund additional bounties to make DRM a top tier coin.

The source code for both Monero code and Dreamcoin is here:
1. https://github.com/unknown69/Dreamcoin
2. https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero

message me if ur interested.

heres the bitcointalk as well: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=599854.new#new
dukas93

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:31:09 AM

Our dream with DRM for 20$ each coin going to be true.

██
         ████

██████
       ████████
      ██████████

█████  █████
    █████    █████
   █████      █████

█████▄▄▄▄▄   █████        █████
 ████████████▄  █████      █████
██████████████▄  █████    █████
                  █████  █████
                   ██████████
                    ████████
                     ██████

████
                       ██
Azbit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ROGER VER ADVISOR
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
● ● ●
● ● ●
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄

▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████

██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀

▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄

▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████

███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀

▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄

▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████

████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀

▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 06:33:58 AM

Our dream with DRM for 20$ each coin going to be true.
possible if it blows up like drk
zauberer

Activity: 74
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:37:28 AM

Right now DRM is EXTREMELY undervalued. Even at 20k in Poloniex.
That was just a matter of time.

It is going to be a huge success!

Nice that I bought some at 8k, wish I bought more...
Collegestudent (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:41:47 AM

Stay on topic looking for coders please. Discuss DRM on their bitcointalk
lexusivan888

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 09:04:03 AM

CODER, come and get it ! prove yourself. Cool
Collegestudent (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:07:50 AM

Yes I can make this code.
Give me a 10 bitcoin and I will make this anonimity.

Ummm what are your skills? And the work has to be completed before a bounty is given.
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:56:15 PM

-Bump-

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
hozer

Activity: 271
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 01:27:12 AM

I'm interested. Look for posts by  hozer at hozed dot org on the cypherpunks mail list if you want to figure out if I know what I'm talking about or not.

Now, one very important question:

What is your threat model?

Are you just trying to have anonymous transactions that are reasonably cryptographically secure from sophisticated individuals and security researchers who post how easy it is to track bitcoin? If so, I think ring signatures and the bounty may be reasonable.

However, if you are trying to be anonymous from law enforcement, organized crime, or intelligence services (just another form of organized crime), then this is quite a different story.
xandrino

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:50:03 AM

I'm interested. Look for posts by  hozer at hozed dot org on the cypherpunks mail list if you want to figure out if I know what I'm talking about or not.

Are you just trying to have anonymous transactions that are reasonably cryptographically secure from sophisticated individuals and security researchers who post how easy it is to track bitcoin? If so, I think ring signatures and the bounty may be reasonable.

However, if you are trying to be anonymous from law enforcement, organized crime, or intelligence services (just another form of organized crime), then this is quite a different story.

Hey Hozer, sup man? This topic is a fork from 2 other threads. What I'd like to do is, I'd like to speed this process along. In case u haven't seen this post from MyFarm, let me quote it below:

BOUNTY

I will pay 10 BTC and 5000 DRM to any developer (including the OP) who successfully integrates ring signatures into DRM.  It must be committed to Github and on a testnet so we can test it by May 25nd.  If by May 27th it is on mainnet, you get the 10 BTC.  If you miss the deadline but successfully implement them by June 10th, I'll provide 2 BTC.  You must accept the challenge by 10pm pacific on May 19th and update us with your progress no less than once every 18 hours.  Failure to do so nullifies this offer.

I will pay an additional 10 BTC and 2000 DRM to any developer who integrates DarkSend Anonymous technology into DRM within 5 days of DarkCoin open sourcing it as long as the first bounty above was claimed.  If ring signatures were not successfully implemented then this offer is null and void.

If DRM has ring signatures (BEFORE Darkcoin) and Darksend not long after, it will be an excellent competitor, especially as POS.

If these two technologies are successfully implemented, I will happily fund additional bounties to make DRM a top tier coin.

you could be just hyping the coin up to sell your bags, if your serious place your coins in escrow
I'll be completely transparent about what I am doing.

1.  I am a large holder of DRK.  It is one of my primary investments.  In V2 of Darksend, the DRK developer plans to implement ring signatures.  Putting a large bounty on the implementation of ring signatures into DRM helps me better gauge my DRK investment.

2.  Putting a bounty on the copying of Darksend once it is open sourced helps me better gauge my DRK investment.

3.  I hold a little over 50,000 DRM.  If someone takes me up on my challenge and is successful, I'll make a decent return in time and have a nice hedge to my DRK investment.  But truthfully, this is about DRK.  I am happy to continue supporting DRM with additional bounties if the initial two are successful because it will continue to help me evaluate my DRK investment. 

4.  I have placed the initial 10btc in a private bounty address.  You can see the transaction ID here: Transaction ID: ed6e45cf443527cf8ed8f5852594b183f8419a3b45999244745bcdddff0a81d8 -- I am not going to put it in escrow though.  I have been on bitcointalk.com for a LONG time and am a trusted entity.  If a developer isn't comfortable with that, they shouldn't take me up on my offer.

I figured you guys could use the help.  Things weren't looking very hot for you guys and if someone successfully implements these technologies, you should profit nicely.  And hopefully this results in a highly competent dev becoming passionate and taking over DRM.

i mean no offence to you but if you go round on bitcoin talk you will see users with more reputation than you have turned out to be scammers, so activity does not mean anything. you can always use btcrow or very well trusted members like tomatocage and vod
I understand your concern but I have also been around since 2011 so it's more than just my reputation.

You can verify the 10btc is there but if a dev isn't comfortable with all of this, then they shouldn't take me up on my offer.

He outlines his motives behind the bounty. From what I gather, his anonymity goals are specific to the implementation of Ring Signatures and the Darksend (when it becomes open sourced). I hope you are the man to help.

If u do, u get the BTCs of course. But the big lottery number here is the value of the 5000 and 2000 DRM u will recv as bounty -- they may well be equal to or more than the 20 BTCs on offer. I've read thru MyFarms recent posts, and I saw a gem that I want to share:

Well, during the 95 difficulty, almost everybody else bailed waiting for block 15200. I decided for the benefit of all to do what I can to push to 15200. I lost over $500 in lost revenues, but I figured we cant just be stranded for a week! Plus when we finally got there I would be able to recoup at least some of the lost revenues with more DRK.

I could have simply pointed my servers elsewhere during this drought, but I am a team player and I want to help DRK succeed. I only discovered it two days ago, but already I feel this community has great potential. With the exception of the whale and the Ddos'er.

If you feel that I have been wronged, please donate to: Xj4KK1vzBebvGrg8c5h4rr5C8kzXDojruK
I doubt I will ever recoup the $500, but if any large holders of DRK want to make a block sale at a friendly price, PM me
1000 DRK sent.  Thanks for all your hard work.  I hope others donate to you as well.
A trip down memory lane.

One day I suspect people will be pointing and laughing at me like they do the bitcoin pizza guy.

Heh.

So he sent a guy 1000 DRK for services rendered to community. In today's market price, 1000 DRK = 14.4 BTC.

Hold on to ur DRMS, folks Smiley
Collegestudent (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:50:17 AM

Our threat model is the first option you mentioned, we are trying to make Dreamcoin have anonymous transactions that are reasonably cryptographically secure from sophisticated individuals and security researchers who post how easy it is to track bitcoin.

This is why this bounty is extremely good and worth anyone's time really. If i was such a coder myself i would take up the offer. I saw your PM and working on a good response because its pretty genuine.
Collegestudent (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:48:35 AM

Our threat model is the first option you mentioned, we are trying to make Dreamcoin have anonymous transactions that are reasonably cryptographically secure from sophisticated individuals and security researchers who post how easy it is to track bitcoin.

This is why this bounty is extremely good and worth anyone's time really. If i was such a coder myself i would take up the offer. I saw your PM and working on a good response because its pretty genuine.

Waiting your response.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:58:12 PM

Let's put out an offer for someone really skilled, but give him insane deadlines and pay him one fifth of the bounty if he missed this deadline.

What a brilliant idea. If I were a programmer capable of implementing ring signatures in a satoshi based client within such a ridiculously short time, I sure as hell wouldn't make it for a random coin.

I'd make my own.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Collegestudent (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:07:31 PM

Let's put out an offer for someone really skilled, but give him insane deadlines and pay him one fifth of the bounty if he missed this deadline.

What a brilliant idea. If I were a programmer capable of implementing ring signatures in a satoshi based client within such a ridiculously short time, I sure as hell wouldn't make it for a random coin.

I'd make my own.

We're going to increase the time to 1 month. I myself know 1 week is ridiculous after contacting few pro coders. Still waiting for MyFarm. Please respond proactively thank you. Honestly why would u make your own when u cant handle it later? Scam a few peps that what ur saying?
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:08:28 PM

I'd make my own.

We're going to increase the time to 1 month. I myself know 1 week is ridiculous after contacting few pro coders. Still waiting for MyFarm. Please respond proactively thank you. Honestly why would u make your own when u cant handle it later? Scam a few peps that what ur saying?

If someone is capable of integrating ring signatures into the satoshi client, they are way more capable than you are anyways, so why would they do it for you instead of creating their own altcoin? Dreamcoin is looking to be the next big pump, that's it.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:21:42 PM

I'd make my own.

If someone is capable of integrating ring signatures into the satoshi client, they are way more capable than you are anyways, so why would they do it for you instead of creating their own altcoin? Dreamcoin is looking to be the next big pump, that's it.

This^^ +1

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
hozer

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 08:46:04 PM

I'd make my own.

Because marketing is hard. If there's a **well distributed** community of motivated stakeholders **both big and small**, then it's WAY more lucrative for me to give the community something it wants than to go create yet another altcoin that might be technically interesting but has no active users. Besides, I don't learn anything releasing code that nobody runs.

Scamming is for bitcoiners. I'd like to believe this community has a dream of something better
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:12:28 AM

I'd make my own.

Because marketing is hard. If there's a **well distributed** community of motivated stakeholders **both big and small**, then it's WAY more lucrative for me to give the community something it wants than to go create yet another altcoin that might be technically interesting but has no active users. Besides, I don't learn anything releasing code that nobody runs.

Scamming is for bitcoiners. I'd like to believe this community has a dream of something better

Ha. The vultures are circling. Don't mind the maggots.
Collegestudent (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:56:19 AM

I'd make my own.

See this guy is a hero for us, i love the fact that he doesnt just want to "make a new coin" as theres already hundreds rotting away and give DRM a new life as the first ever POS anon currency.
hozer

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 04:25:30 PM

I'd make my own.

See this guy is a hero for us, i love the fact that he doesnt just want to "make a new coin" as theres already hundreds rotting away and give DRM a new life as the first ever POS anon currency.

So here's the deal... You, the Dreamcoin community, have to make some hard decisions, and tell me what's really important. Cause I can do development fast, but to do that, I need to US dollars to pay my bills and possibly hire other people.

But I'd rather do **high quality work** rather than another quick pump-and-dump. That is NOT going to come quickly, and might involve dramatically changing some coin fundamentals, because there are a lot of broken fundamentals in different places because someone grabs something derived from the Satoshi bitcoin client, makes a change, and doesn't fully understand what they are doing.

Satoshi had a brilliant concept with blockchains, and Bitcoin was a great first implementation. Proof of stake was a pretty interesting addition. Now we have Dreamcoin, which has a great name. But you don't achieve your dreams without making a few mistakes, and learning from them along the way. So here's an idea.. wouldn't Dreamcoin be the ideal coin for a fully distributed crowdfunding system, like http://blog.vinumeris.com/2014/05/17/lighthouse/ ?

I could probably implement (and most importantly, test) some sort of ring signatures and/or darkcoin-like anonymity protections for $50k to $100K USD in a couple of months. If there's no money, and I'm doing this in my spare time, it might be 6 to 18 months. It might be a lot faster if there is a community that comes together out of something more that just the 'next big coin'.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: