We are looking for super programmers to join our international team at BitInstant.com
All the info and how to submit are below, please feel free to send either Gareth or myself any questions.
Cheers! Basic description:
We require a few talented developers to work with us on several important aspects of our expanding service as we implement new features. Projects will be on an as-needed basis at first with the possibility of a more permanent role for developers who prove their abilities and reliability.Core technical skills and personal traits:
* So proficient with python that english is a second language and Python your mother tongue
* A strong understanding of defensive programming techniques, you must truly know deep down and honestly believe that your code is going to be sent to a malicious genius who wants to take advantage of flaws in it to steal money from our clients or at least act like you believe this
* A strong understanding of web services and related technologies such as JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, REST, oAuth and SOAP
* Understanding of and competence in using basic cryptographic tools such as hash functions, HMAC, and symmetric ciphers
* Strong familiarity with and appreciation for unix and GNU/Linux operating systems and free and open source software in general - it will be assumed that you have access to a unix system for development work
* Ability to competently handle any company data or code in a secure manner with concern for backups in case of data loss and prevention of leaks to outside malicious parties
* Ability to learn fast
* Strong knowledge of version control systems including git and subversion including best practices and security issuesPreferred traits:
* Familiarity with bitcoin and other similar systems and appreciation for the general culture surrounding it
* Past experience with being entrusted with highly sensitive data
* GNU/Linux system administration skills
* Past involvement in a public project related to bitcoin or other public involvement in the bitcoin community with a known high reputation
* Involvement with our service in particular using our API
* Experience with algorithmic trading and financial arbitrage (whether in bitcoin or other markets)
* Knowledge of machine learning and statistical methods and skill in employing them to build simple ad-hoc modelsEducation & Experience:
* While a college degree in a related field is not necessary, it is preferred.
* At least 5 years working experience in programming and/or computer sciences. Salary:
* We are a fully funded startup and launched 6 months ago and are looking for programmers to be apart of our team for the future. Having said that, we are offering freelance, full time and part time programmers a salary and equity program.
If your interested in the position (Who wouldn't be!), please send your cv, resume, and a few paragraphs about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
inside the email (No Attachments Please) with the subject "Programmer Position"
Gareth & Charlie