Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:10:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the MaNiPuLaToR  (Read 3698 times)
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 09:02:12 PM

The manipulator or manipulators (at any given moment) are those active bitcoiners with a value of $500,000 or 100,000 bitcoins. Simply having $1 mill can move us up to $8 or simply having 100,000 bitcoins can move us down to $4.

It does take rocket science to know that 1% of us have that kind of money  Grin

What does it matter if it's one person or a thousand with smaller amounts, all that matters is that it moves and you're on the right side of it.

[/thread]

It matters because the actions of a thousand are a lot easier to anticipate than the actions of one person.

Yes, 300 views in the Rally Thread in the space of 10 minutes is very instructional indeed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2012, 10:33:33 PM

The manipulator or manipulators (at any given moment) are those active bitcoiners with a value of $500,000 or 100,000 bitcoins. Simply having $1 mill can move us up to $8 or simply having 100,000 bitcoins can move us down to $4.

What does it matter if it's one person or a thousand with smaller amounts, all that matters is that it moves and you're on the right side of it.

[/thread]

It matters because the actions of a thousand are a lot easier to anticipate than the actions of one person.

Fair point, especially when it comes to charts. Hmmmm, I don't know tho, any market is going to have big players. Forex moves can be jumped by both states and banks, in both cases powerful individual entities and I doubt many seriously suggest the Forex manipulator exists. Add to that, as soon as you have two powerful individuals, competing motives start to enter the picture, then add the thousands of players.....pretty soon you're heading back towards normal market entropy, or so my thought process would imply, but you're welcome to correct me on that.
arepo (OP)

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 11:12:46 PM

[/thread]

is that so much the case?

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 12:35:31 AM

oh yes, the bitcoin economy is completely controlled by a powerful, omni-wealthy entity who chooses to move the price around at will, for their own sick enjoyment.

sounds as bs as any abrahamic religion if you ask me.

we have an instinctive tendency to ascribe intelligence to randomness and see design where there is none.

it is, actually, just like the abrahamic religions, a great way to avoid responsibility. hurricanes are not punishments. they are wake-up calls. each one of us here in this subforum is responsible for the volatility we are seeing.

just trade patiently

This is exactly what the MaNiPuLaToR would say.  Wink

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 12:54:00 AM

I used to think that BTC would help me make money in a manner that escapes control but after learning of the manipulator's involvement in changing the currency's value,I can no longer trust BTC as a viable idea for my needs and will switch back to making money with GBP as soon as I can get a 1/3 of the payback of my hardware in BTC (which will be by May this year.Already made approx £90 over the course of several months as I entered BTC last june as the price crashes came).

The only reason why I even use BTC at all now is the more anonymous nature of recieving payments (not as anoymous as cash of course but hey,better than bank cards) and the fact I can 'store' a large amount of money in BTC form on a USB drive for trouble free experience when travelling across borders (still having more than €10,000 in cash where I am must be declared when travelling within/out of EU as you have to pay a tax while keeping such large amount of cash.)

I really do wonder why the manipulator would be willing to meddle with BTC value (apart from profiting himself obviously but there has to be another reason why he's doing this).Will BTC be valuable in a significant way like last June (before the hack)? If so,what kind of time scale should we expect this to happen in (as a few months seems out of the question now)?

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 07:07:18 PM

bitcoin is indeed quite UNDERVALUED right now, on the long-term.

What gives you that idea?

Or do you not believe in perishable gold?

the text you clipped from my quote answers your question...  Huh

Not completely... some details/assumptions would be nice.

Quote from: arepo
there was about as much money in the economy on the eve of the supposed $8 RALLY as there was at the peak of the summer bubble.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 07:19:31 PM

bitcoin is indeed quite UNDERVALUED right now, on the long-term.

What gives you that idea?

Or do you not believe in perishable gold?

the text you clipped from my quote answers your question...  Huh

Not completely... some details/assumptions would be nice.

Quote from: arepo
there was about as much money in the economy on the eve of the supposed $8 RALLY as there was at the peak of the summer bubble.

Looking at the PVT there it has flattened out which seems to usually signal a reversal in direction. In this case it means we are probably going up and so is the price in the medium term.
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 07:51:22 AM

the bid depth now looks unsettlingly similar to the ask depth that disintegrated after the big buy... so there does seem to be a mtgox-depth manipulator.

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 07:58:41 AM

the bid depth now looks unsettlingly similar to the ask depth that disintegrated after the big buy... so there does seem to be a mtgox-depth manipulator.

i was thinking the same thing. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: