Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:33:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DeVCorp: DeVCoin Development "corp"  (Read 3441 times)
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 03:24:41 AM

DeVCorp has now been implemented on the (New) Horizon platform (NHZ) as asset ID 4088694585236995314

-MarkM-

Congratulations!  Horizon is a good choice
markm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 10:32:12 PM

HORIZON's native coin, HZ, is no longer on any well-known, web-based exchanges.

This is actually an opportunity for us, since it means  lot of people are likely to consider the coin dead and thus possibly be willing to part with them cheaply since afterall they are presumably worthless now in their eyes.

Accordingly, I am interested in buying HZ. Please contact me in private message on this forum if you have some you wish to part with.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
realdantreccia

Activity: 666
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2022, 01:38:47 AM

HORIZON's native coin, HZ, is no longer on any well-known, web-based exchanges.

This is actually an opportunity for us, since it means  lot of people are likely to consider the coin dead and thus possibly be willing to part with them cheaply since afterall they are presumably worthless now in their eyes.

Accordingly, I am interested in buying HZ. Please contact me in private message on this forum if you have some you wish to part with.

-MarkM-

MarkM,

I think this topic is due an update. I realize now what you've done here by periodically editing posts without actually indicating what has been edited when. I also realize that the currency contracts laucnhed initially "broken" as you put it so that new "correct" hashes (contract file names) were implemented chronologically later and that the exchanging for the older pairs may not be correctly kept in your accounting of historical transactions for whatever reason - you're always so abstract. So that's okay because I don't expect the "gamemaster" to give away all their game theory and secrets.

It also appears since the OT server you set up ran from your home where your old isp.knowork.com ISP service operated you may very well have some of the very knowledge you wanted to protect your server and private keys from about other entities that may have used your home ISP business/services in the past. One can only wonder what that means - but I expect you have a good idea as you were doing it in the Web 1.0 era - which is why I make my bets on your system as hard as it is to understand.

I also have come to realize you are right about people's perception these Web 2.0 era HTML/CSS websites "web-based" exchanges not listing a coin makes them think they are valueless but that's also a false flag. They could be valued because systems like your own are still in "[Private Alpha]" - or because your server doesn't "advertise" what OT currency contracts exist within its network - or because they are "blockchain-based" and blockchain coins. Blockchain doesn't need the Web, and you can even circumvent the web with many programs since built that only require you to run a node/qt-wallet and then you can trade using other programs (all Open Source) to transact P2P, or completely without web/just an internet connection required. And of course that all is another problem with market-based "price" of certain coins because places like CoinMarketCap.com and CoinGecko.com and their apps and various "prices" are just aggregated from the exchanges they choose to gather data via API relay etc... so the prices people pay are possibly very wrong, whether too much OR in Devcoin's case... far too cheap. And since you built an entire virtual game currency/stock/asset etc experience here and its running as far as I know where you are the point of centralized knowledge, I will quote you on why these blockchain coins do not benefit from your game economics. You said it yourself that DigiDVC and DigiBTC any "digi-coin" you're using is worthless, has no real value because its just entries in a ledger of debit and credit. Like your Cyclos DVCBank. It's accounting, but not actual blockchain coins with a fiat value. By "burying" or "freezing" your real blockchain coins and only issuing 50% of what you claim to own, you've locked a lot of DVC into an economy that has a server not advertising its currency contracts and contracts that have had problems with what you call "correct or wrong" hash because of other people who imported them via their client with whitespace... I would also say whoever Fellow Traveller is, its interesting that he mentioned how nice it was for his OT client and OT server to work through someone elses physical hardware. Not sure the meaning technically but I assume he too is someone that factors into why your accounting as complex as it is with its plots and its latestrates-include file all of which you put on your own self-hosted "knotwork.com" sites is still incorrectly valued. I also believe that treasuries mean we must work backwards. If at launch your digiDVC backing the "treasury" of the one million issued shares of 18,200,000 dDVC then if I just pretend that's all that you had at that point in time you would have had 36,400,000 actual DVC or DeVCoins in your blockchain wallet.

There's since been other platforms and very confusing but also not surprising abstractions but I do believe your independent hosting and SOME centralization in a decentralized world is good in the hands of the right people. Also, GameFi and Virtual Worlds are the next part of blockchain coins, tokens, and the Web 3.0 right? So any updates here would be nice. Also I can't run my own horizon java applet/server anymore. It's stuck on "Downloading Blockchain" but it never moves past November 12, 2021 Sad

From the many one, from one, the source
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: