Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:00:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle wants to be your friendly neighborhood bitcoin bank  (Read 740 times)
CryptoCurrencyInc.com (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:32:08 PM

Circle wants to be your friendly neighborhood bitcoin bank
http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/16/5721690/circle-wants-to-be-your-friendly-neighborhood-bitcoin-bank

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:55:53 PM

I see lots of threads about Circle trying to centralize BTC. I think this is a nice add on to Bitcoin ecosystem and I like it, it ll help wider BTC adoption.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:59:09 PM

ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:59:18 PM

I see lots of threads about Circle trying to centralize BTC. I think this is a nice add on to Bitcoin ecosystem and I like it, it ll help wider BTC adoption.

I don't think that circle will lead to the absolute centralization of bitcoin but will lead to bitcoin being "housed" in several places that are similar to banks.
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:44:09 PM

Circle is probably a good thing overall. People want things to be easy and to be taken care of. They have the potential to bring in people that would otherwise stay away out of fear.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:50:20 PM

I don't think that circle will lead to the absolute centralization of bitcoin but will lead to bitcoin being "housed" in several places that are similar to banks.

I really wish there was a way to report people for necro bumping posts just to increase their post count for some signature advertisement payoff.

I'd like to see these accounts banned, or at least limited in some way.  It's a real hassle to have all these old posts coming back to life and generating uneducated discussion from people who don't even bother reading the thread.  These necro bumpers frequently give really bad advice, rarely know what they are talking about, and are generally just an annoyance.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:09:04 PM

I would be perfectly OK with a immediate permanent ban for anyone who puts a paid ad in their signature.  In fact, I would support such a proposal.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: