Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:51:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is [HVC] Heavycoin the next Alt to make a big move up?  (Read 411 times)
auctioneeeeer (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:00:12 PM

Looking at BC, then DRK strictly from a chart perspective which both coins brought unique aspects to the alt community, and now HVC - could it be the next alt to make a big run up?  It appears someone is buying a lot in the 500-600sat range as it has just sat in that range for quite some time.

Thoughts?
fred930

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 12:43:35 AM

What unique aspects has HVC got that it can bring to the alt community?
auctioneeeeer (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:09:01 AM

What unique aspects has HVC got that it can bring to the alt community?

I am asking more as a perspective investor to the coin and was hoping someone familiar with it could answer.  From what I can see, it has a proof of work that is quite different and extremely low power (lower than X11) - a quote from the ANN page (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=506774.0):

ASIC-resistant: Introduces HEFTY1, a novel approach to ASIC-resistant proof-of-work
Ultra-secure: combines SHA-256, Keccak-512, Grøestl-512, BLAKE-512 in a secure way . 

I'm hoping someone can provide some additional insight.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: