Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:34:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon still (as of 2012-01-28) sells Foie Gras products  (Read 1573 times)
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 04:58:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IWN8UGDyC0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jCole

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 11:34:20 PM

that is just sick.. i couldn't watch any more after they opened the day old carcass trash can and found living ducks, that's so messed up.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2012, 11:59:55 PM

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12144965
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 06:43:13 PM

Amazing, a system which encourages making products for the cheapest possible amount and selling them for the highest possible results in a system which is as unethical as it is uncaring.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 08:19:50 PM

Food animals are almost all treated poorly.  Is foie gras that much worse than standing in a pool of shit with little room to move for your whole life?  That is how many cows live.

You can try to be a vegetarian, but seeing as how we completely disregard the comfort of food animals, I am not sure why Foie Gras in particular should be singled out.  Our food system is disgusting and morally repugnant.  But I see Foie Gras as just a drop in the ocean. 
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 10:08:02 PM

Amazing, a system which encourages making products for the cheapest possible amount and selling them for the highest possible results in a system which is as unethical as it is uncaring.

Huh I've always found Amazon.com to have really good prices.

Mousepotato
kais3r

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 10:45:14 PM

Huh I've always found Amazon.com to have really good prices.
me too they're a great site but this is sick
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:26:17 PM

So, besides being a company that sells food products, what does Amazon have to do with Foie Gras?  Many supermarkets also sell it...  Specialty food stores... restaurants... 

Why are you picking on Amazon in particular?
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:33:40 PM

Well, where this film was shot is the same country that gave Henry Morgentaler the Order of Canada remember.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:40:45 PM

So, besides being a company that sells food products, what does Amazon have to do with Foie Gras?  Many supermarkets also sell it...  Specialty food stores... restaurants... 

Seriously. You guys should be bitching about Michelin chefs, not Amazon.

Throw another stick of butter in!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2012, 12:33:05 AM

Seriously. You guys should be bitching about Michelin chefs, not Amazon.

Throw another stick of butter in!

Interesting!

How Chefs are Rated

All Michelin ratings are made by professionally trained experts who remain anonymous. According to Michelin, it’s “inspectors” revisit the 4,000 restaurants it reviews in France every 18 months; they revisit all other starred restaurants once a year.

bitcoinchef.com is available.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2012, 12:40:21 AM

Food animals are almost all treated poorly.  Is foie gras that much worse than standing in a pool of shit with little room to move for your whole life?  That is how many cows live.

You can try to be a vegetarian, but seeing as how we completely disregard the comfort of food animals, I am not sure why Foie Gras in particular should be singled out.  Our food system is disgusting and morally repugnant.  But I see Foie Gras as just a drop in the ocean.  

We could all try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jainism#Vegetarianism

Jains practice strict vegetarianism. The practice of vegetarianism is instrumental for the practice of non-violence and peaceful co-operative co-existence. Basic non-violence principles can be performed depending on one's capability and specific situation in terms of meeting one's life's demands and expectations. Jainism acknowledges that it is impossible to discharge one's duties without some degree of himsa/violence, but encourages to minimise as much as possible. Jains are strictly forbidden to use any leather or silk products since they are derived by killing of animals. Jains are prohibited from consuming root vegetables such as potatoes, garlic, onions, carrots, radishes, cassava, sweet potatoes, turnips, etc., as the plant needed to be killed in the process of accessing these prior to their end of life cycle. In addition, the root vegetables interact with soil and therefore contain far more micro-organisms than other vegetables. Also, the root vegetables themselves are composed of infinite smaller organisms, hence, consuming these vegetables would mean killing all those organisms as well. However, they consume rhizomes such as dried turmeric and dried ginger. Eggplants, pumpkins, etc. are also not consumed by some Jains owing to the large number of seeds in the vegetable, as a seed is a form of life. However, tomatoes are consumed normally as its seeds are difficult to be killed (even at high temperatures/pressures). Jains are also not supposed to consume food left overnight because of contamination by microbes. Most Jain recipes substitute potato with plantain.

The Smith's visit the Folds family.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 12:59:21 AM

Anyone who thinks anything that isn't currently in an autoclave is sterile is a simpleton. Fucking plantains? Sterile? I would say that it is more cruel to consume a fruit that has been cultivated so long that it can no longer reproduce sexually. If I ever met someone who practiced that level of being a pansy-ass vegan, I would be hard pressed not to drop a cinderblock on their head while they slept.

Also, how do they not die of malnourishment?
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 05:14:12 AM

Here's one instance where my conscience says, "how horrible," but I tell my conscience to STFU. Grin

(BFL)^2 < 0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: