Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:53:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PyWallet Help - Need to recover Private Key from wallet.dat  (Read 2501 times)
x8008 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:03:29 AM

Can anyone help me out with this tool https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet
I need to get the private keys from a corrupted wallet.dat file

Thanks
Eirecoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:09:11 AM

How far have you got, it looks like you ./pywallet.py --wallet=WALLETFILE   
wallet filename (defaults to wallet.dat)

cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:15:58 AM

Yeah you haven't given my information.  Obviously the first step is to install python and pip.  Install all the required dependencies.  Download pywallet and run it with the correct options.  Which are you having a problem with?

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
x8008 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:35:02 AM

Yeah you haven't given my information.  Obviously the first step is to install python and pip.  Install all the required dependencies.  Download pywallet and run it with the correct options.  Which are you having a problem with?

I tried to do it on windows but had no luck with python so I am setting up Ubuntu on a virtual machine, with ubuntu will I need to install anything or will it be ready to run pywallet?

Thanks
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:43:19 AM

You'll at least need to install twisted, I'm not sure about others.  When you run pywallet it should tell you what you're missing.  Just install pip (python-pip?) and then install the missing dependencies.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
x8008 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:47:03 AM

Okay let me try it and if I have some issues can I PM you please?
x8008 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:17:43 PM

Looks like I am making progress somewhat, when I type in ./pywallet.py --wallet=wallet.dat it says "A mandatory option is missing" and then it gives me the list of all the options.. strange because I can see --wallet= in the option list
cointra

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 01:21:52 PM

Looks like I am making progress somewhat, when I type in ./pywallet.py --wallet=wallet.dat it says "A mandatory option is missing" and then it gives me the list of all the options.. strange because I can see --wallet= in the option list

./pywallet --wallet=wallet.dat --datadir=/path/to/folder_with_wallet.dat --dumpwallet

Make sure bitcoin client is not running on the same wallet as you run this.

Let me know if that doesn't work or you get some other error

x8008 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:22:38 PM

Okay not sure if this is looking right but I get the following in the image

http://imgur.com/CE9H5LQ

Below that also shows a "key data in hex" number and a "value data in hex" number

Is this what I need? would that be the private key? Also I see 3 new files on the desktop called db.001 db.002 and db.003
x8008 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:30:24 PM

The hex numbers aren't the private keys, I tried and it said Invalid private key
cointra

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 04:10:09 PM

You mentioned in PM that its not bitcoin wallet, pywallet works with bitcoin, namecoin or litecoin out of the box (or others as long as you enter otherversion and they use the private key = otherversion + 128).

Can you tell which altcoin wallet is it?

x8008 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:13:17 PM

You mentioned in PM that its not bitcoin wallet, pywallet works with bitcoin, namecoin or litecoin out of the box (or others as long as you enter otherversion and they use the private key = otherversion + 128).

The wallet is for shibecoin
cointra

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 05:35:27 PM

try running:

./pywallet --datadir=/home/diesel/Desktop --otherversion=63 --dumpwallet

x8008 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:48:10 PM

try running:

Do I need to have the shibecoin wallet installed on the machine that I got pywallet on? or is wallet.dat all I need because as of right now I have a virtual machine running on my windows 7 with ubuntu on it with pywallet.py & wallet.dat on the virtual machine Desktop

I will try the above line very shortly
cointra

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 06:01:18 PM

try running:

Do I need to have the shibecoin wallet installed on the machine that I got pywallet on? or is wallet.dat all I need because as of right now I have a virtual machine running on my windows 7 with ubuntu on it with pywallet.py & wallet.dat on the virtual machine Desktop

I will try the above line very shortly

You only need wallet.dat file

x8008 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:09:03 PM

Still getting the same error it looks like

cointra

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 06:42:15 PM

Still getting the same error it looks like

Wallet could be damaged beyond repair

x8008 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:17:15 PM

hmmm that sucks Huh
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 03:12:19 PM

The hex numbers aren't the private keys, I tried and it said Invalid private key
Yeah! I have tried but it said invalid private key.
Can you tell me how to install all the required components for Jack Jack Pywallet? I installed python and twisted python but still when I open Pywallet it is closing after a few seconds. I don't know why it is happening. So please tell me how to install it.
kindly,
       Muhammed Zakhir

x8008 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:16:14 PM

Yeah! I have tried but it said invalid private key.
Can you tell me how to install all the required components for Jack Jack Pywallet? I installed python and twisted python but still when I open Pywallet it is closing after a few seconds. I don't know why it is happening. So please tell me how to install it.
kindly,
       Muhammed Zakhir

if you need a private key extracted I can do it for you for free
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: