Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 12:38:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do to have fun when you are sad ?  (Read 1504 times)
jade1222

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:46:06 PM

Go fishing or hunting.

♦  Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com  ♦   ♦  Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets  ♦    ♦  Provably Fair  ♦ 
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:47:30 PM

the quick answer for most of us guys is: masturbate. and then you feel shitty about it, so when you start to panic.. and then you do it again.

What kind of person feels crappy about jerking it?!

Keep in mind it's like a game, too. It's more fun when you play with a friend!

if you're jerking it off, say 5 times a day, that might be a bit much. jerking it makes you lose your edge, or your energy (as some boxers feel). but yeah, doing it 5 times a day is too much, and when you feel like you can't control yourself, you just feel like shit.

Do people seriously get to the point where they can't help but keep pounding away? I haven't heard of this. And your name is so ironic for this conversation. Just beet it!

there's every kind of mental disorder really. and yes, there are definitely people like this.. and it's mostly guys. it's called sex addiction, and it's probably more common than we thinks - it's just that, you know, if you have a sex addiction, you don't really talk about it that much.

but yeah, i've met a handful of people who have dedicated their lives to seeking out sex.. and it's probably a miserable existence, because you are digging through an endless well.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:52:12 PM

the quick answer for most of us guys is: masturbate. and then you feel shitty about it, so when you start to panic.. and then you do it again.

if you're jerking it off, say 5 times a day, that might be a bit much. jerking it makes you lose your edge, or your energy (as some boxers feel). but yeah, doing it 5 times a day is too much, and when you feel like you can't control yourself, you just feel like shit.

Do people seriously get to the point where they can't help but keep pounding away? I haven't heard of this. And your name is so ironic for this conversation. Just beet it!

there's every kind of mental disorder really. and yes, there are definitely people like this.. and it's mostly guys. it's called sex addiction, and it's probably more common than we thinks - it's just that, you know, if you have a sex addiction, you don't really talk about it that much.

but yeah, i've met a handful of people who have dedicated their lives to seeking out sex.. and it's probably a miserable existence, because you are digging through an endless well.

Ah, yeah, I can see that now. That is a sad situation. I'd assume most people can get control though, or aren't that bad off.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
jade1222

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:03:39 AM

I think it is not miserable at all, I think they will be happy doing it.

♦  Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com  ♦   ♦  Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets  ♦    ♦  Provably Fair  ♦ 
carpe

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:08:03 AM

We have to read this book!

"The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51A%2Bqi-XyfL.jpg

http://amzn.com/1582701709

This book can help you.

The secret lol.

You can only be so happy so much, but reality hits. It does help, but at a certain extent.
soltan

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:02:22 AM

Listening to my favorite songs or reading books to feel better.
beetcoin

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:09:00 AM

on reddit, look for the subreddit nofap (http://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/).. there are lots of people who find value in abstaining from fapping. maybe you enjoy it, i'm not saying that you don't.. but others, not necessarily so.
leslie.leslie

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:14:42 AM

i go out and shop what i want to ease my sadness nor eat what i want to eat. Cheesy
ijmolder93

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 03:51:04 AM

The longest netflix binge ever, choose a show and just constantly watch back to back episodes.
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:02:25 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 04:39:30 AM by IamCANADIAN013

If it's nice out I'll take a trip to the beach and walk the beach/pier.  It's called White Rock beach in BC Canada.  I've been going there since I was a kid and it always seems to have a positive influence in the mood department.

Sometimes I'll just go play with the dog in the back yard. Nothing like a game of fetch or running after him like an idiot to make myself feel better, LOL!

Other times I'll just cook a good meal, one that takes time.  Then there is always the Chive or 9gag.

Watching Stand Up Comedy is also great.  Guys like George Carlin, Jim Jefferies, Craig Ferguson always make me laugh.

Also, a day at the gun range.  Firing off a few hundred rounds always puts a smile on my face.
airloom

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:30:31 AM

i do run and exercise when i feel sad for me to release that sadness.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:00:03 AM

on reddit, look for the subreddit nofap (http://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/).. there are lots of people who find value in abstaining from fapping. maybe you enjoy it, i'm not saying that you don't.. but others, not necessarily so.

I want to add on that there's a difference between doing it because you enjoy it and losing control altogether. Studies have shown that 3-5 releases per day is good and helps prevent testicular cancer and clears toxins from the blood. As far as I'm aware there is no maximum (and you will not hurt yourself by going at it a thousand times a day). The issue is about people losing control and it affecting their lives. Just like with any other thing (drugs, drinking, etc.).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:00:34 AM

I play some games, watch movies, or browse to the online marketplace, bought some cool stuff, or go shopping to the mall Cheesy it will make you forget the problems.
I like to spare my money to the homeless, that feeling when you give something to other is awesome!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:04:10 AM

These are my options:

1. Watch some Jim Carrey movie in my LED TV.
2. Watch Tom and Jerry or The Adventures of Tintin
3. Watch some live sports event on TV.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:07:39 AM

Watch "Happy Gilmore"  cracks me up Everytime!
beetcoin

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:34:33 AM

I want to add on that there's a difference between doing it because you enjoy it and losing control altogether. Studies have shown that 3-5 releases per day is good and helps prevent testicular cancer and clears toxins from the blood. As far as I'm aware there is no maximum (and you will not hurt yourself by going at it a thousand times a day). The issue is about people losing control and it affecting their lives. Just like with any other thing (drugs, drinking, etc.).

as with any addiction, it can become something that you don't even like doing.. but for whatever reason, your mind keeps telling you to do it. i think with anything, that's a smoking gun for what addiction is. if there's anything that you continue to do, in spite of knowing that it doesn't make you feel good, it's an addiction.
kthejung

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:51:10 AM

Watch videos of people cooking outdoors on Youtube.
hensi

Activity: 70

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:37:11 AM

I am usually never sad, but when i get sad I generally sleep Cheesy
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:44:58 AM

The best thing to do, is to go with the thing that makes me forget or not think about other stuff the most, and it depends on the person, some is comedy series/movies for others it is videogames, for others it's reading or music, so I guess go with the one that entertain you the most and let you think less about the problems
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:55:35 AM

I watch movies, exercise, eat delicious foods and sleep.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██