Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:02:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HOC] ★ HouseofCoins CONFIRMED SCAM!  (Read 6510 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Xardas2014 (OP)

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:20:45 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 04:35:26 AM by Xardas2014

Hi all, since they have decided to close the original thread, well here we are again.

I've requested a refund of my 1 btc, and I've also said giving me my IPO coins instead of a refund will do............so as not to be totally screwed.

They thought is was in their best interest to steal my btc and/or coins and simply ban me from their forums and close the HOC thread here...............not so fast!

There are other people that might be duped by these scammers. Scammers who claim to run a fair democracy.....unless they have your money and can vote to steal it.

Here is a warning to ALL HOC investors: Pay me my 1btc or give me my coins, or I will make it my fucking mission to keep HOC crushed. I've been buying cheap HOC and don't mind dumping them when prices rise, just to crash the market, then buy cheap...rinse and repeat until I get paid or your scam goes away.

To potential new investors: BitOffer wants ONE thing....to control the coin and pretend it is a democracy. He wants to buy himself ASIC miners using your money. If you research my posts you will see they conveniently changed the ANN to suit themselves, and came up with the brilliant plan that if anyone opposes them......they simply kick you out and steal your money. If you complain you get ignored and banned.

Tomorrow my Twitter campaign against HOC begins, as does my other social media anti-HOC campaigns. To be honest, this will give me great lulz crushing these scammers. Since their treatment of me hasn't been fair...may god have mercy on your souls. You HOC is worthless now Wink

I will be moderating this thread and give the HOC scammer the same respect given to me......which has been NONE. Game on!
Xardas2014 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:13:54 AM

Hmmmm.......now their forums are down. That was a quick bailout lol.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:32:04 AM

Well it was smelling fishy from the start, ill support you on the twitter anti-HOC campaing , iv mine some HOC also, so ill join the dump just drop me a pm Smiley
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:04:15 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 05:28:10 PM by illiki23

BitOffer bailed and took all the IPO bitcoins.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:32:00 PM

Someone removed all the posts on the subreddit discussing the scam and tracking Bitoffer down.  Someone posted a whois for his domain registration, which may be helpful even if he used a false name.

Since this is now the only place to openly discuss these things we should begin these discussions again.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 06:21:57 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 07:02:35 PM by WigitGetIt

Honestly I have been pretty much ignoring this whole fiasco.  Lesson learned and have moved on.  Come over to http://www.reddit.com/r/globalboostcoin/ and help us get going.  We just need some community members and traders.  Mining is easy.  Blockoutput is 95 coins per.  I am on with the lead dev all the time and other devs.  We have shit going.  We are looking for people to help and people to be part of the community.  I will start and IRC and then post it here.

BCT Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584865.msg6398944#msg6398944

Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/globalboostcoin (We also have a Reddit TipBot)

Twitter: @GlobalBoost (@tipbst is our Twitter TipBot)

LinkedIN: https://www.linkedin.com/company/globalboost

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/globalboost

GitHub: https://github.com/GlobalBoost/GlobalBoost/

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-ZTyK1ajNg5EfKb6XQ3ug

Promotional Video: http://youtu.be/h2QL9mY4ubc

Edit:  Kiwi IRC  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/globalboost
tehDogeKing

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:03:22 PM

Someone removed all the posts on the subreddit discussing the scam and tracking Bitoffer down.  Someone posted a whois for his domain registration, which may be helpful even if he used a false name.

Since this is now the only place to openly discuss these things we should begin these discussions again.

The posts discussing on the scam are still there for me... I have certainly not removed them.

https://i.imgur.com/kEHMQhY.png

I'm out 2.5 BTC, which is a lot to me. I'm really hoping BitOffer does the right thing and refunds everyone, but it's definitely looking more and more like a scam...
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 07:05:04 PM

The posts discussing on the scam are still there for me... I have certainly not removed them.

I still see the threads as well.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 07:14:57 PM

I'm out 2.5 BTC, which is a lot to me. I'm really hoping BitOffer does the right thing and refunds everyone, but it's definitely looking more and more like a scam...

2.5 BTC is a lot.  I spent 0.495 BTC.  It's not a whole lot tome, and I can afford to lose it, but I don't want to lose it.
Xardas2014 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:19:15 PM

I'll talk with Bittrex and see what they think about removing the coin so other people don't wind up losing money too.
loveEU

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:22:14 PM

Posting it again for you guys.

http://i58.tinypic.com/72yfjr.jpg
altcoinherald

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 07:26:10 PM

Short article on Altcoin Herald about House of Coins launch has been updated to indicate SCAM status: http://altcoinherald.com/house-coins-hoc-set-for-launch/ 

Sorry for your loss.
tehDogeKing

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:37:14 PM

Short article on Altcoin Herald about House of Coins launch has been updated to indicate SCAM status: http://altcoinherald.com/house-coins-hoc-set-for-launch/ 

Sorry for your loss.

Ironically, this was the article that originally convinced me to invest in the IPO to begin with.

Everything's come full circle, I guess.
cnupo

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:42:40 PM

Xardas2014 my man .. please read carefully ... HOC and other IPO investors have nothing with
BitOffer's scam .. the guy who should pay is he .. not the guys like you which invested in HOC and being scammed .. so .. if you want to do something do it against BitOffer not HOC ..AM I CLEAR Huh??
Xardas2014 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:02:44 PM

Xardas2014 my man .. please read carefully ... HOC and other IPO investors have nothing with
BitOffer's scam .. the guy who should pay is he .. not the guys like you which invested in HOC and being scammed .. so .. if you want to do something do it against BitOffer not HOC ..AM I CLEAR Huh??

As I stated in the original ANN I have no intention of hurting other investors and simply wanted my refund. Yet from time to time HOC fanboys would try to berate me and told me outright they intended to vote to take my money.

I don't like seeing any investors or coin owners get hurt because of what BitOffer did.
tehDogeKing

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:18:45 PM

As I stated in the original ANN I have no intention of hurting other investors and simply wanted my refund. Yet from time to time HOC fanboys would try to berate me and told me outright they intended to vote to take my money.

I don't like seeing any investors or coin owners get hurt because of what BitOffer did.

To be fair, there were plenty of investors arguing FOR your refund behind the scenes on the former-official forums.

Now we're all in the same position -- out of our investment with no course of action / way to get in touch with BitOffer
Xardas2014 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:36:46 PM

I would suggest you all go here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and get them involved.
xkdxdavis10

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:07:54 PM

I thin I owe Xardas A apology....

I am sorry and I was really pushing to get you a refund. I made a thread after sending a number of e-mails to bitoffer...... I know now that this was his intentions the entire time.....

I hope the is resolved but i am sure it will not be....

Coffeecoin:BybX6rFdQTaYbdyJypNTLverZbvKPPJEdR
Xardas2014 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:31:39 PM

I am sorry and I was really pushing to get you a refund. I made a thread after sending a number of e-mails to bitoffer...... I know now that this was his intentions the entire time.....

Apology gladly accepted. Smiley

Guys this is only a coin and we will all be part of other coins in the future. I got many messages from people saying they were trying to get my refund, and I appreciated it. The info I had that made me want a refund, meant I had to go after that refund aggressively, so BitOffer would be cornered into doing it to buy himself more time. I was pretty sure a refund nor coins were ever coming, but had to give it a shot. To prolong the scam and get more investors, his best course of action was to get me off his ass and out of his ANN thread. My mistake was relenting on the pressure. I knew it was a lost cause, but should have kept up the pressure so others didn't fall into the trap.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:44:18 PM

Apology gladly accepted. Smiley

Guys this is only a coin and we will all be part of other coins in the future. I got many messages from people saying they were trying to get my refund, and I appreciated it. The info I had that made me want a refund, meant I had to go after that refund aggressively, so BitOffer would be cornered into doing it to buy himself more time. I was pretty sure a refund nor coins were ever coming, but had to give it a shot. To prolong the scam and get more investors, his best course of action was to get me off his ass and out of his ANN thread. My mistake was relenting on the pressure. I knew it was a lost cause, but should have kept up the pressure so others didn't fall into the trap.

The little spat I had at the end of the HOC thread was out of frustration because while you repeatedly said that the rules stated you could ask for a refund, they also said that it had to come to a vote and that vote could not happen until the coins were distributed. The entire approach was disruptive.

I can see you truly believe that being unrelenting was the best approach, but I felt it was only harming the investors who were actually asking for a vote to grant you a refund. The harm came from hurting HOCs image and at the time it seemed to be impeding things because Bitoffer was extremely disorganized. He held the BTC and no amount of public chastising was going to hurt him. In fact it seemed to only inflame him.

I still now feel that it there was nothing to be gained by further blasting HOC. There was no one left to save from HOC, we already gave Bitoffer our BTC. There was no proposal to gain more investors. The proposal to bring people in did not involve any BTC investment.

I don't feel I owe any apology for disagreeing with you, but I do regret that I let my emotions get the best of me in that last post and for that I am sorry. Eerily Bitoffer was watching us post because I was going to respond to your post of the HOC address by saying I would donate some to you and then the thread was locked. I then went to post in the HOC forum and as I was on there it went down.

That was an "oh shit" moment. I sent Bitoffer a message asking him to reconsider if this is all what it appears to be. What is unusual is this was a very atypical IPO scam (or so it appears).

Bitoffer:

1 did Not have a newbie account.

2 Had many posts prior to HOC that looked legit.

3 Apparently has his name, address and phone number on the registration for the HOC website.

4 Could have just left with the BTC on day one (though it would seem more investors would be a motive there was no proposal for more paid investors)

and there are many other examples of why this is surprising. I get the sense that he started out with good intentions and after realizing it was a lot of work and pressure he may have just said, the hell with it. Obviously not a good reason to rip people off.

Funny thing is he could have just said HOC is his "creation" and that he was entitled to all the BTC and none of the work. It worked for XBCplus. (Kind of joking but hmmm... surprised more scammers don't do that?)

So Xardas, the target here should be Bitoffer. It would be the right thing to leave HOC in and of itself alone, in the event that some of the members wish to salvage it. Remember if he did just flee he really could care less out HOC so you would just be wasting your time.

If you decide to launch and investigation and seek legal ramification for this guy, then you will have many more allies. Me included.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: