Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:59:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft Windows XP Pro & Home: Real OEM Software with COA and Disc  (Read 3633 times)
papamo (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 09:14:09 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2012, 03:34:19 AM by papamo

Hello All,

Thank you for viewing my thread. I have Windows XP Pro and Home Full Version available if you are in need for your new mining rig or need to reinstall an old operating system or even if you want to resell them for a higher price. I regualrly sell these on Ebay for $70+. The software is an OEM license (the same that is on 97% of PCs, same as the retail version without the price). It is the full version so you do not need a previous version of windows to install. I guarantee that the software will activate and register with Microsoft as well as receive all updates. This is not Volume License or MSDN like many that are being sold and can be deactivated by Microsoft at some point leaving you with a bootleg copy of windows. I have sold over 1000 of these without any problems. I am also a Top Rated Powerseller on Ebay. I will ship your software the same or next business day after payment is confirmed. I am asking only 7BTC and that includes shipping. I am new to this forum but not to bitcoins. After you purchase please leave positive feedback so others can see what a great deal this is! Feel free to ask any questions you may have Smiley. Please PM me your shipping address and I will send you a unique payment address.

If you would like to see a picture of the actual product please go here http://i42.tinypic.com/16kakxu.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
papamo (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 10:16:41 PM

Forgot to mention please specify if you would like the Professional or Home verison
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2012, 11:15:42 PM

"For Distribution only with a new Dell PC"

...nice.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
papamo (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 11:17:25 PM

Yes, the disc are restore disc however they are the exact same as any other disc. It is the license key and type that matters. I guess if you wanted to pay Microsoft $50 for an unbranded OEM disc without the license key that would be fine too.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2012, 11:42:47 PM

If it's not being sold with a Dell PC it is not legal.

Not that I am the piracy police. It is nice that the software will run and not self destruct.  But the word "legal" in the title is an inaccurate misleading description.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
papamo (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 11:49:56 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2012, 12:07:29 AM by papamo

Got it changed   Wink. Maybe "legal" was the wrong word but I wouldn't call it illegal either. Grey, yeah i'll settle for that. I mean you can download the the software from Microsoft for free but you wouldn't have a legal copy unless you activated it. Anyway NewEgg and Amazon sell OEM software all day long without a computer and Microsoft specifically says it is not to be sold without an assembled computer so if they bend the rules I'm not to worried about it.  Grin I haven't seen to many places online that even sell the best OS ever made any more and if they do they want something crazy like $180 for it.
papamo (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 12:19:51 AM

Actually that use to be the terms some years ago, it has now changed to include a fully assembled PC.   
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 12:20:00 AM

Got it changed   Wink. Maybe "legal" was the wrong word but I wouldn't call it illegal either. Grey, yeah i'll settle for that. I mean you can download the the software from Microsoft for free but you wouldn't have a legal copy unless you activated it. Anyway NewEgg and Amazon sell OEM software all day long without a computer and Microsoft specifically says it is not to be sold without an assembled computer so if they bend the rules I'm not to worried about it.  Grin I haven't seen to many places online that even sell the best OS ever made any more and if they do they want something crazy like $180 for it.

Theirs don't say "for sale with a new Dell PC".  They say you're responsible for following the license agreement.  That's possible if you're buying an OEM system builder pack from NewEgg.  But that's impossible if you're buying a Dell branded copy of Windows without a Dell computer.

I agree it's a grey area.  For the average home consumer, software that installs without complaining is probably not going to result in any trouble.  But for any entity (business, institution) who has the burden of proof of having acquired "legal" software in an audit, this wouldn't pass, is all I suppose I'm saying.  That's what legal means.  It's probably hair splitting, but you've gone out of your way in an attempt to set yourself apart from MSDN and volume licenses (both of which will register and update just fine the way you say yours will) so it's fair game to point out that your offering is probably more like selling an MSDN version than what NewEgg has for sale.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
papamo (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 12:41:57 AM

What I am saying about the volume license and MSDN is that Microsoft will deactivate large list of those license types once they become aware they are being abused. 99% of bootleg Microsoft products from China and the likes that can actually activate are either volume license or MSDN. What I am selling is OEM licenses. The exact same type of license as new egg sells. Yes, the media that transfers the software looks different but same license type.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 12:44:38 AM

What I am saying about the volume license and MSDN is that Microsoft will deactivate large list of those license types once they become aware they are being abused. 99% of bootleg Microsoft products from China and the likes that can actually activate are either volume license or MSDN. What I am selling is OEM licenses. The exact same type of license as new egg sells. Yes, the media that transfers the software looks different but same license type.
you DO know that oem keys will fail to activate on non-oem computers, right?

I'm also pretty sure you can't rip off the COA from its original box/computer.
Yes, the disc are restore disc however they are the exact same as any other disc. It is the license key and type that matters. I guess if you wanted to pay Microsoft $50 for an unbranded OEM disc without the license key that would be fine too.
yeah, you're lying through your teeth.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 12:53:58 AM

you DO know that oem keys will fail to activate on non-oem computers, right?
If you use a normal disc with this key, then that's true.  But if you install Windows from this disc, and use this key, it will work fine.

Some of the older dell discs would actually look for a specific motherboard, so you couldn't even install Windows.  But newer discs, like the above, should be fine.
papamo (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 01:17:37 AM

Yes, any computer that you buy that already has the operating system installed is OEM. So if you buy a dell, HP, Sony, Asus etc. your OS is oem. Lets say you have an HP computer and have the xp PRO disc that came with it and use this key xp pro key it will work.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 02:09:49 AM

I regualrly sell these on Ebay for $70+.
aside from the spelling error, why are you selling at 7 btc when you can supposedly get double on ebay?

This is not Volume License or MSDN like many that are being sold that is illegal and will be deactivated by Microsoft at some point leaving you with a bootleg copy of windows.
oh that's ironic, considering your discs say "FOR DISTRIBUTION WITH NEW DELL PC".

I have sold over 1000 of these without any problems. I am also a Top Rated Powerseller on Ebay.
link to ebay profile please.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 02:16:50 AM

aside from the spelling error, why are you selling at 7 btc when you can supposedly get double on ebay?

This is not Volume License or MSDN like many that are being sold that is illegal and will be deactivated by Microsoft at some point leaving you with a bootleg copy of windows.
oh that's ironic, considering your discs say "FOR DISTRIBUTION WITH NEW DELL PC".

I have sold over 1000 of these without any problems. I am also a Top Rated Powerseller on Ebay.
link to ebay profile please.

+1

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
papamo (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 03:31:44 AM

I would prefer not to give out my Ebay ID. I am not trying to prove a point here I am simply trying to sell software for a very reasonable price. I could upload some screenshots of my feedback or something if that would make people feel better. I am being honest about what I am selling, if you need windows for a great price then this is a good option if you do not feel comfortable using a dell disc to install the software that is fine. OK so linked is a screenshot of some of my feedback, I blocked out my buyers names. I choose this page because it shows some feedback and it talks about xp and the number of transactions and seller ratings. And by the way if you have a legitimate question or concern I will be happy to answer it. If you have no intention of buying please move on. I really have no interest in proving what I already know.

http://i44.tinypic.com/15mzl87.png
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 03:45:47 AM

lol.  This isn't legal.  Period.  OEM licenses are to only be purchased with OEM hardware.  In addition, they aren't transferable.  So you can't take an old decommissioned pc that had a license and then resell that license.  The ONLY way you can sell an OEM license is with OEM hardware and the license hasn't be activated.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
papamo (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 03:47:29 AM

It hasn't been activated. Please read the post. 
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 03:48:30 AM

It hasn't been activated. Please read the post. 

Great!  What machine am I getting with this to qualify me for the OEM license?

EIEIO:

Littleshop
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 03:50:27 AM

Ebay closes these auctions as they find them as a VERO violations.

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 03:53:23 AM

Ebay closes these auctions as they find them as a VERO violations.

I suspect that is why he doesn't want to share his ebay id... for fear of getting banned.

EIEIO:

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: