Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:28:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VPS Squared - Virtual, Powerful, Supported VPSs  (Read 13003 times)
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 09:25:43 PM

Thanks for the upgrade prices.

So, since the IP is dynamic, will you let us know if it changes? or should we install some script that notifies us of the change, like the dyndns updater.

Thanks!

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrGaSp (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 09:52:03 PM

Thanks for the upgrade prices.

So, since the IP is dynamic, will you let us know if it changes? or should we install some script that notifies us of the change, like the dyndns updater.

Thanks!

I'll for sure notify everyone, but if you want you can install a script.  I highly doubt it will, I don't think it has changed since i've bought the connection.  ~8 months, but it is a truly dynamic IP...I haven't ever questioned it to the ISP lol
MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 02:13:07 AM

I'd like to tell everyone something.  The BTC i earn with this service, or any future service, I will never cash out, it'll stay in my wallet, and i may pay someone BTC to buy me a piece of hardware for a new system or something.  tl;dr: I'll use the profits to support the bitcoin economy.  My financial sistuation is fine, and looking up, so i don't need the small amount of btc from this.

I should be getting bigger paychecks in the coming months, and a new server is likely on the way, granted its even needed.  I have a few personal goals to fill before i'd buy a new server, for one, wife wants a new mother board and RAM... and its going to be over the top performance, should buy me a lot of time before it needs another upgrade.

I haven't received a PM for quite a while, all the VPSs have been running strong, so i am assuming everything is doing fine for the current buyers. 

PS: I'll release pictures of the server soon...just for kicks  Tongue  I wont get a picture of the screen though, the camera causes some weird stuff it happen...when ever I take a picture of one of the screens, its black, even though its on, guessing its from the shutter speed or something. 

Thank you for your support,
-VPS Squared
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 05:32:47 AM

I'm surprised this isn't selling better... it's far superior (cost wise at least) than any other bitcoin vps out there.

Bump.

BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:00:11 AM

I'm surprised this isn't selling better... it's far superior (cost wise at least) than any other bitcoin vps out there.

Bump.

Lack of dedicated IPs/ports probably hurts it; that's a feature many people need.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:42:37 PM

Bump.

Lack of dedicated IPs/ports probably hurts it; that's a feature many people need.

One of the reasons I can and I am doing it so cheap, I don't have to pay for extra IPs =P

I've updated the VPS count on the OP, 2 and 4 now, I think I'm going to run a small VPS to host like speed test files.  Good idea?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:59:22 PM

Bump.

One of the reasons I can and I am doing it so cheap, I don't have to pay for extra IPs =P

I've updated the VPS count on the OP, 2 and 4 now, I think I'm going to run a small VPS to host like speed test files.  Good idea?
Yep. Having the need of a good VPS sooner or later here, so I'd be happy to test out speeds on your VPS  Grin
MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 06:01:54 PM

Bump.

Yep. Having the need of a good VPS sooner or later here, so I'd be happy to test out speeds on your VPS  Grin

I meant putting a link on the OP for a download from a node, but if you want a VPS now, I can do that too.   Cheesy
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 06:11:50 PM

Bump.

I meant putting a link on the OP for a download from a node, but if you want a VPS now, I can do that too.   Cheesy
I mean exactly that lol. I just need to try download a file from your VPS to test if the latency/download speed is enough  Smiley
MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 06:32:18 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2012, 07:24:25 PM by MrGaSp

Bump.

I've updated the VPS count on the OP, 2 and 4 now, I think I'm going to run a small VPS to host like speed test files.  Good idea?
Yep. Having the need of a good VPS sooner or later here, so I'd be happy to test out speeds on your VPS  Grin

I meant putting a link on the OP for a download from a node, but if you want a VPS now, I can do that too.   Cheesy
I mean exactly that lol. I just need to try download a file from your VPS to test if the latency/download speed is enough  Smiley

BinaryMage did a few tests on the VPSs, but those images seem to be down now, I have a big day today, but i'll link a Speedtest.net from the connection for now.

BinaryMage got a 600KB/s download from the VPS, and i've gotten the same result, but the speedtest.net is the connection from a dedicated computer.

Edit: for anyone wondering why they only have 2 stars, I think i am finding out...We called and got put on hold, then offered to have them call us back.. They called back 30 minutes later and we got put on hold for another 40 minutes... Oo They're just having issues with a lot of things, their website doesn't function very well and they're working on it but still would cause bad ratings.  I personally like them.
BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:36:52 PM

BinaryMage did a few tests on the VPSs, but those images seem to be down now, I have a big day today, but i'll link a Speedtest.net from the connection for now.

BinaryMage got a 600KB/s download from the VPS, and i've gotten the same result, but the speedtest.net is the connection from a dedicated computer.

Edit: for anyone wondering why they only have 2 stars, I think i am finding out...We called and got put on hold, then offered to have them call us back.. They called back 30 minutes later and we got put on hold for another 40 minutes... Oo They're just having issues with a lot of things, their website doesn't function very well and they're working on it but still would cause bad ratings.  I personally like them.

The images I linked to on the last page certainly aren't down for me...

Yeah, I tried multiple servers and multiples times during the day, 600 KB/s was essentially the maximum I managed to get.

MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:59:15 PM

The images I linked to on the last page certainly aren't down for me...

Yeah, I tried multiple servers and multiples times during the day, 600 KB/s was essentially the maximum I managed to get.

I still don't know what that does that, the VPS host gets the same speeds as that speed test, thinking its something with KVM, but i'll keep looking.  Ping times should still be amazing regardless =)
BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:04:16 PM

I still don't know what that does that, the VPS host gets the same speeds as that speed test, thinking its something with KVM, but i'll keep looking.  Ping times should still be amazing regardless =)

Well, you might want to check your settings, because, interestingly enough, ping doesn't work. (Packets are sent but not received)

I suspect somehow the NAT on your VPS software is not correctly routing the received packets to VPSs. Internet otherwise works fine. If you can fix that, I'd be glad to post a ping test.

MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 01:48:40 AM

Well, you might want to check your settings, because, interestingly enough, ping doesn't work. (Packets are sent but not received)

I suspect somehow the NAT on your VPS software is not correctly routing the received packets to VPSs. Internet otherwise works fine. If you can fix that, I'd be glad to post a ping test.

Yea the NAT drops the ping packets, if anyone wants them enabled I can probably do so. 

I'm having one client having issues connecting from multiple sources, not sure why, nothing should block it, and I can access it with my remote server.
-Any suggestions?
BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 02:07:32 AM

Yea the NAT drops the ping packets, if anyone wants them enabled I can probably do so. 

I'm having one client having issues connecting from multiple sources, not sure why, nothing should block it, and I can access it with my remote server.
-Any suggestions?

"Multiple sources"? Multiple computers on the same network, or computers with different locations/net connections?

MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 02:35:23 AM

-Any suggestions?

"Multiple sources"? Multiple computers on the same network, or computers with different locations/net connections?

He said a few friends, so other networks/locations.  But i discovered the issue, he forgot the -p flag before the port.  Its all good now.

VPS Squared might get a few video tutorials soon.

A site is coming soon, I'll have to make the site tonight and tomorrow or something, it'll be basic at first, really basic.

Freenode Channel is made though: #VPSSquared
BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 03:01:55 AM

He said a few friends, so other networks/locations.  But i discovered the issue, he forgot the -p flag before the port.  Its all good now.

A site is coming soon, I'll have to make the site tonight and tomorrow or something, it'll be basic at first, really basic.

Video tutorials? On what exactly?

MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 03:50:44 AM

Video tutorials? On what exactly?

Simple stuff initially, then Apache and such, we'll see what happens though, i'm not the one doing them, so i'll be reviewing them.
MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 06:52:26 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2012, 08:36:35 AM by MrGaSp

Added a Speed Test file: http://50.53.21.166:3300/test.data
(let me know if link doesn't work...)

It runs on a similar VPS as the others, it has less ram (250MB).  Its a 200MB file, that's pretty much nothingness. Download it all, or 30mb of it.

Have fun!  Cool

I've also increased the prices recently to accommodate the BTC price drop, to maintain close to the same USD rate.
1.30 BTC
0.60 BTC
0.25 BTC

If BTC rates rise again, then prices will return to normal.  I'm trying to remain fair to everyone, as your prices will be locked iwth close to the same USD rates, and not the BTC Rate, so if you pay 1.3BTC now, you may only pay 0.8BTC, like everyone else, in the future.

PS: Clients with their VPS already running/paid for, your rates are locked with the USD rate at time of sign up, so in a sense you'll never pay anything more(unless you change..yea)

Edit: Never mind, for get it, It'll be the old rates for a long long time, or until prices change drastically.
-Love you guys.
bravetheheat

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 12:41:40 PM

Wow, I get 600 kbps downloading the test file here.  Grin An awesome amount when you compare it against less than 50bps (BITS per second!) that I get when downloading MomentoVPS' test file. Go VPS Squared!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: