Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:53:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VPS Squared - Virtual, Powerful, Supported VPSs  (Read 12998 times)
MrGaSp (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 04:39:57 AM

Equipment Ordered
Dual Opteron 6100/6200 Motherboard
Single Opteron 6212 (8x2.6GHz)
16GB(8GB x 2) 1333MHz RAM
93% Efficient PSU
SATA DVD/CD Drive (Strangely I've never had one of these)
Finally a 2U Opteron Cooler

Standard 3 day shipping, all but the cooler are coming from newegg.  We'll see when it gets here, after that I hope to be accepting new orders at the start of the weekend.

Wish us good luck, and we'll do our best.

-VPS2

AWESOME  Cheesy

CPU has arrived.. Motherboard and RAM still not here, should be tomorrow.  The CPU Cooler will arrive on monday...so wont be up until probably wednesday or some time around there.  I will likely wait to announce it until the week end so i can set them all up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 01:11:52 AM

Billing for this cycle will be at $5/BTC, please figure out your payment and send it to the last address, if you have questions or problems don't hesitate to PM me or catch me on IRC.

Payments due on the 1st as usual, I'll contact the ones who have not sent a payment to see if they seen this.  Wink

Sending everyone a PM is a big hassle and I am lacking time lately.  The new server will operate at a fixed bitcoin rate, not based on USD.  That should lighten the billing on my end. 

Everyone, thank you for your support.

The new server is all ready except one eps12v adapter that should arrive on monday.  Thank you for your patience.  Roll Eyes
MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 12:49:36 PM

It would appear that the server is having a memory error.. I need to do some work with it, but first i have to go to work.  It wont boot, it errors while POSTing, and wont display anything any more..

First restart went all the way to OS Boot, but no luck.  Second one locked up while scanning the drives, thrid wont kick on video.. Progressively worse...  Angry

I'll take a look at it when I get home, sorry for the inconvenience.  

Note on Payments: Hold off on them until I can get this back up

Edit: 4 beeps, not 3, so could be a motherboard fail =<
bravetheheat

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 02:16:51 PM

It would appear that the server is having a memory error.. I need to do some work with it, but first i have to go to work.  It wont boot, it errors while POSTing, and wont display anything any more..

First restart went all the way to OS Boot, but no luck.  Second one locked up while scanning the drives, thrid wont kick on video.. Progressively worse...  Angry

=( Good luck finding the error! Try the equipment with other MBs? Or maybe the CPU failed Oo... but I don't think it would achieve that series of problems. MB was probably strained for sending too much power to CPU for too long of a time.
MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 02:45:32 PM

=( Good luck finding the error! Try the equipment with other MBs? Or maybe the CPU failed Oo... but I don't think it would achieve that series of problems. MB was probably strained for sending too much power to CPU for too long of a time.

Thats what i am thinking, it wasn't an expensive motherboard...

As for testing, I don't have AM3 parts to test with, but I'll fool around with the 3 ram sticks to ensure its not them.  

On a comical note, I walked to the door of the shop (my work) and my boss came out rushed (lots 3 deliveries 'first thing') and said "Back computer wont boot, stays black" I Just say "Its going to be one of those days?"  It turned on normally though....Idk what his issue was.

I think I will be leaving the system VPS free though, so if anyone needs data off of it, after the new system is up, i can temporary start the VPS up.  New system will still go as planned =)
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 04:06:28 PM

I think I will be leaving the system VPS free though, so if anyone needs data off of it, after the new system is up, i can temporary start the VPS up.  New system will still go as planned =)

Wait. I haven't been following much. What does this mean and how does it affect us?

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 04:58:30 PM

I think I will be leaving the system VPS free though, so if anyone needs data off of it, after the new system is up, i can temporary start the VPS up.  New system will still go as planned =)

Wait. I haven't been following much. What does this mean and how does it affect us?

I have a new server nearly ready to get the OS and VPSs installed and running, a faster one.  The first one is having major hardware issues, likely motherboard, and I wont be able to get a replacement board for quite a while.  

It affects you guys by not being able to run any servers, the new server will be the only option.. The old one was going to be let off slowly by not accepting new servers and just letting the ones on there run until the're unpaid.   Looks like thats not happening.  Sorry for the abrupt service termination.. The CPU was pulling too much power for the motherboard to handle it for very long (It was a pretty economy board), and it seems to have bit the dust.

The data is safe though, After the new server is ready I can start up your old VPSs(for a few days) if you need any data off of them.  

The new server has different rates and different drive sizes and memory.

I'll do everything I can to make this smooth, at the very least, it was at the end of the rental period.   Undecided

Any other questions?  Smiley
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 06:13:28 PM

It affects you guys by not being able to run any servers, the new server will be the only option.. The old one was going to be let off slowly by not accepting new servers and just letting the ones on there run until the're unpaid.   Looks like thats not happening.  Sorry for the abrupt service termination.. The CPU was pulling too much power for the motherboard to handle it for very long (It was a pretty economy board), and it seems to have bit the dust.

The data is safe though, After the new server is ready I can start up your old VPSs(for a few days) if you need any data off of them.  

I'll do everything I can to make this smooth, at the very least, it was at the end of the rental period.   Undecided

What are the rates? because we will have to be paying these new rates, right?

forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 06:44:54 PM

So do I need to not send my monthly payment? I'm also kinda confused.

MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 10:45:05 PM

What are the rates? because we will have to be paying these new rates, right?

There is not direct "The needy is now 2BTC" conversion, they're different sizes and other specs.. I planned on running these side by side, but looks like its not happening.  I posted a few pages back about planned rates and sizes, they've slightly changed, I've been making a simple web page for the servers' plans.  http://www.gasp-site.com/vps/  See "Harmony" (please note the rates are subject to change)

Your server also will not be moved, I'll boot them if you need for you (or anyone) to move the data off and onto a new one or elsewhere.  The new server should be far faster though.

So do I need to not send my monthly payment? I'm also kinda confused.

Do not send the payment, the server's motherboard (likely) is shot..The new server will be ran as planned..

eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 02:55:08 AM

Ok I get it. Is the ssd installed yet? I think I'm goint to want the tier 1 w/ssd. I don't need my old vps.

MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 03:35:43 AM

Ok I get it. Is the ssd installed yet? I think I'm goint to want the tier 1 w/ssd. I don't need my old vps.

No its not even ordered yet, the server's last part will arrive monday or tuesday.  After that I'll need to get the system running and running vps and some pre-configured, then i'll open it up =)

As for the SSD, It'll be a while, We'll see after next month where i am financially.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 10:32:38 AM

No its not even ordered yet, the server's last part will arrive monday or tuesday.  After that I'll need to get the system running and running vps and some pre-configured, then i'll open it up =)

As for the SSD, It'll be a while, We'll see after next month where i am financially.

That means I won't be playing with it this weekend Sad

MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 12:39:06 PM

That means I won't be playing with it this weekend Sad

Believe me, I was looking forward to it too Sad
randomboy50

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 04:59:51 PM

I'd just like to applaud MrGaSp for his awesome customer support. Even though the main VPS server bit the dust, he is making sure we all get what we are paying for. (Best of all our data!) Thank you for your service and I'm excited to get my hands on the new server.
MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 04:40:44 AM

I'd just like to applaud MrGaSp for his awesome customer support. Even though the main VPS server bit the dust, he is making sure we all get what we are paying for. (Best of all our data!) Thank you for your service and I'm excited to get my hands on the new server.

Appreciate it  Roll Eyes

Server is all plugged in and ready to go once i get that adapter.  (still have to go through OS/VPS installation)

MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 06:05:07 AM

Appreciate it  Roll Eyes

Server is all plugged in and ready to go once i get that adapter.  (still have to go through OS/VPS installation)

Server Running great, no issues, Default VPSs are getting ready, Stand by everyone....Please note, The RAM sizes for these are larger than the last server's, so it is likely not everyone that had a server before, will have one now.

I still need to hook up the other drive to copy over VPS drives for people to copy theirs off.

Server really snappy though Cheesy
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 01:56:50 PM

E.T.A.? :S

MrGaSp (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 02:57:30 PM

I actually Kinda hid that...its in the thread title Cheesy

Although work is wearing me out too much to work on the server...one night i'll just stay up LOL
Should be friday night.  Working on forwarding ports now...I have copies of the old drives ready..

I've been running a minetest server on the test VPS...it runs far smoother.. Thinking of starting other game servers and posting them here to show it's capabilities.  

Edit: Ping works now =)  It was just droping the ping requests to stay more invisible, but people like to ping the IP to see the response times.. Tell me what you find out please =D
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 03:44:39 PM

I actually Kinda hid that...its in the thread title Cheesy

Although work is wearing me out too much to work on the server...one night i'll just stay up LOL
Should be friday night.  Working on forwarding ports now...I have copies of the old drives ready..

I've been running a minetest server on the test VPS...it runs far smoother.. Thinking of starting other game servers and posting them here to show it's capabilities.  

Edit: Ping works now =)  It was just droping the ping requests to stay more invisible, but people like to ping the IP to see the response times.. Tell me what you find out please =D

Update here if it happens faster, I have this thread on notify.

BTW, from my office (London):
Packets: Sent = 50, Received = 50, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 165ms, Maximum = 197ms, Average = 167ms

May update with my home connection pings if it's significantly different.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: