Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 02:37:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winklevoss twins: Bitcoin will be bigger than Facebook  (Read 2456 times)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:13:38 PM

Why would I listen to bullish statements by someone who owned a million bitcoins?

As much as I would like to assume what they are saying is true, how can we trust what they say? Exactly. If I held as much as them, I'd pump and dump bitcoins too! Tongue

i don't trust the winklevi bros either, but it's a question or the chicken or the egg.. do they own bitcoin because they truly think it will become huge, or are they saying it because they are hoping they can pump the value of bitcoin (since they already own so many).

Though they invested in Bitcoin at the right time, they do not strike me as too bright.

how so? they were involved in facebook's inception, and bought BTC at the right now. now they are planning to open an ETF. they also went to one of the best schools in the country.
ampere9765

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:16:18 PM

Why would I listen to bullish statements by someone who owned a million bitcoins?

As much as I would like to assume what they are saying is true, how can we trust what they say? Exactly. If I held as much as them, I'd pump and dump bitcoins too! Tongue

i don't trust the winklevi bros either, but it's a question or the chicken or the egg.. do they own bitcoin because they truly think it will become huge, or are they saying it because they are hoping they can pump the value of bitcoin (since they already own so many).

Though they invested in Bitcoin at the right time, they do not strike me as too bright.

how so? they were involved in facebook's inception, and bought BTC at the right now. now they are planning to open an ETF. they also went to one of the best schools in the country.

Yeah but every time i see their faces i kind of want to punch them. That's got to count for something.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 10:33:27 PM

Yeah but every time i see their faces i kind of want to punch them. That's got to count for something.

Sorry to disappoint you but it really doesn't.
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:49:14 PM

so what are their btc on blockchain Huh can you spot it ?

ps_ don't try misleading magic trick .... can you spot it or not ?

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
beetcoin

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:58:07 PM

i kind of get that feeling too, they do look kind of douchey. but i don't know much about them, and i kind of want to reserve judgment.. if they act like douchebags, then call them douchebags. if they don't, then don't base how you feel about someone entirely on how they look.
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:47:26 PM

Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:15:08 AM

I like them. No homo
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:19:56 AM

I'm not saying that they're lying but since they invested so much, it should probably be assumed that they are optimists, and might not notice things that could counter their optimism.

In fact every time I read a bullish bitcoin article lately, it's usually from one of three people:  winklevoss,  barry silbert, or bobby lee. It's getting old. I'd like to see it from someone else, preferably who is new to bitcoin.
Arghhh

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:34:35 AM

I'm not saying that they're lying but since they invested so much, it should probably be assumed that they are optimists, and might not notice things that could counter their optimism.

In fact every time I read a bullish bitcoin article lately, it's usually from one of three people:  winklevoss,  barry silbert, or bobby lee. It's getting old. I'd like to see it from someone else, preferably who is new to bitcoin.
Glenn Beck is new.  Grin
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:41:19 AM

I was out ...

to be honest I was thinking about G ravitational pull ... bitcoin is like 0 G in financial world ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3959

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:37:09 AM

Every time i see a negative opinion in press or listen to some panel-it is always Professor Bitcorn, who seems to invite himself to these meeting (once he was not even on agenda, but mysteriously appeared anyway). I see bullish articles every day on ZeroBlock and from many people. What sources of info do you peruse-WSJ?
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:51:43 AM

I'll say, nothing is more pathetic than pump attempts by Barry Silbert and Bobby Lee. Especially Silbert. That is one grimy dude.

Wary

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Who's there?

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:16:50 AM

Anyone's bullish opinion about bitcoin should be disregarded: If they're old in bitcoin, they're biased. If they're new in bitcoin, they don't know what they are talking about. Grin

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:17:30 AM

Strange. I don't feel the same. And I doubt very few people are sharing your emotions here. And let's take a close look at the picture below. Tell me your emotions about it. Do you feel like punching him?

beetcoin

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:41:21 AM

Strange. I don't feel the same. And I doubt very few people are sharing your emotions here. And let's take a close look at the picture below. Tell me your emotions about it. Do you feel like punching him?

yeah he mark whalberg has a really douchey look too.. but i feel guilty when i think that, because how fair is it to judge someone based on their looks?
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:06:52 AM

... and is an personal rival to Zuckerberg. This is less reliable than your mother saying that you are pretty... An angel investor investing in Bitcoin or bitcoin startups is something... (like Branson)

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
aasl

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:12:57 AM

it is personal to Zuck, definitely Wink

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: