Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:42:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-05-19] NewsBTC: San Jose Earthquakes First Pro Sports Team to Accept BTC  (Read 475 times)
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:38:06 PM

http://newsbtc.com/2014/05/19/san-jose-earthquakes-first-pro-sports-team-accept-bitcoin-stadium

At the start of April, we learned some really interesting news with regard to the San Jose Earthquakes — and Major League Soccer sports team out of California. The news was that them team would “soon” be accepting bitcoin for everything from team merchandise to game tickets. The day has come. The team today announced that they are the first professional sports team to accept bitcoin payments at the Buck Shaw Stadium where the Houston Dynamo will be hosted on Sunday, the 25th of May.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:02:54 PM

Nice but I could've swore I saw something about the Sacramento Kings accepting BTC in the news in recent times. Huh
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:35:32 PM

Nice but I could've swore I saw something about the Sacramento Kings accepting BTC in the news in recent times. Huh
This.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:09:31 PM

The Sacramento Kings were probably the 2nd team to accept BTC (?)/ first NBA team. This article might be new, but the news is pretty old.
I read the Kings want to have a cashless stadium, but that doesn't sound fair to all economic classes. What if you have no BTC or credit cards and you get paid in cash?

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:27:58 AM

You are right. Someone had actually posted it here on the Press section:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418801.0

But no news after that announcement.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: