Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:38:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BLAKE-256] DIRAC (XDQ) - Advanced Finance  (Read 75284 times)
brianbbad

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:30:06 PM

Nailed him down, his only choice was to bounce.

Why do people get so passionate about tearing down a coin or a coin's dev? Bryce is not a know-all guru and he is sometimes even an asshole, but as far as I can tell he's never been dishonest and he's about as transparent as it gets in the crypto world; likewise, XDQ appears to be honest and transparent.
I like what it says on his profile, "I am free because I am always myself"... it's a good M.O. if you want to gain people's trust/respect.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sgi02

Activity: 542

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:30:24 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 11:30:49 AM by sgi02

obvious agenda.

My agenda has always been about helping others, and asking questions that I see fit for the benefit of the community. Dirac has raised a considerable amount of questions and concerns for me, and I have been very vocal about this. The catalyst of these posts was the missing 25000 NAUT buyback fund that went missing. New users came out of nowhere to justify this and once things got sour the funds magically reappeared (24999.998 NAUT, but who's counting?) The dev's response to the community after numerous queries were made to David Seaman can be seen here...

edit - comment was deleted, but can still be seen in google cache - http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rmG1NYGLIUYJ:https://twitter.com/BryceWeiner/statuses/492773425845637120+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox

Dirac according to all information publicly available is...

not simply as a currency, but a a stable financial instrument capable of carrying vast amounts of wealth in a safe, secure, and in a manner more economically efficient than Bitcoin.

On top of being "A revolution in cryptocurrency and finance" these are all some some very serious claims! With such statements, one has to ask themselves; how?. Carrying large amounts of wealth is a very serious matter, so wanting to know the game plan shouldn't be too much to ask from a investors standpoint. I have asked the developer these questions without answer. However, if you do your homework you will find the developer does have a strategy; well, I will let him explain.

Source - http://youtu.be/UMjrjpCPjpo?t=48m50s -  Dirac Commentary starts @ 48:50

"Dirac is set for its proof of work reduction in August, and then comes the humongous buyback, thats going to be an event! I'm just going to call it what it is, im pre announcing a pump on Dirac. I'm taking 25000 Nautilus (edit - Currently 3.04325000 BTC) and im going to pump the hell out of Dirac for as long as I possibly can' and we're going to have a little fun with it!"

The developer continues to state...

"Everything is going to be publicly available, we're going to publish all the trade records so everyone can see what we did, and know we didn't cheat or anything like that. But im also going to do this like a sporting event and im calling it the worlds largest poker game and anybody in the crypto market can play. It's going to be me versus another trader most people are familiar with. Whoever gets the most Dirac at the end (edit - wins?). I'm going to give him half the pile of Nautilus coin and say "here are your chips to play with" and "here are my chips to play with" and may the best man win. In the end, im going to give him 20% of what he can buy as a reward."  

If this doesn't strike you as questionable in the slightest, then perhaps we just have marginally different values. Regardless, you stated I had an "obvious agenda" which in turn questions my integrity, and that's something I don't take lightly. With that being said, I would like to take some of your previous statements into question...

Bet against BW (edit - Bryce Weiner) at your own peril, imo. Play his long game and win.

This statement alone shows bias, but let's not ignore the fact your entire post history shows activity only in threads of coins which Bryce has had a vested interest in...

You also made the statement...

Quote from: E88
Dirac has become the economic anchor for the Blake ecosystem and a coin built specifically for a long term trading use case. The design capitalizes on the lessons learned with Unobtanium. The economics are quite similar to UNO, but a partnership with the exchange AllCrypt enabled for a special pairing against Brian Kelly’s NautiliusCoin, a coin designed for financial stability. Dirac is also traded on Bittrex Exchange against Bitcoin, which provides for the most profitable, consistent arbitrage dynamics of any coin on the market."

I'm not posting the source for you sgi02. If you can't find it sgi02 I don't really care.

When I quoted the source of your statement, and made light of the fact that there is only a single paragraph of information on http://blocktech.com, you responded with...

Quote from: E88
Plenty of info there + blocktech is a business built around crypto. If that doesn't click for you then find another coin that fits what you are looking for and make it yours.

I'm not walking away from my statements, and should I be proven wrong then I will be the first one to admit it. I've spoken my piece and I would like to leave it at that. If you could contribute anything to help alleviate my concerns I would welcome your opinion, however from here on out, ill be watching from the sidelines and rationing my free thread bumps. Good luck and take care

brianbbad

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:41:15 PM

"Everything is going to be publicly available, we're going to publish all the trade records so everyone can see what we did, and know we didn't cheat or anything like that. But im also going to do this like a sporting event and im calling it the worlds largest poker game and anybody in the crypto market can play. It's going to be me versus another trader most people are familiar with. Whoever gets the most Dirac at the end (edit - wins?). I'm going to give him half the pile of Nautilus coin and say "here are your chips to play with" and "here are my chips to play with" and may the best man win. In the end, im going to give him 20% of what he can buy as a reward."  

This is something I wasn't aware of. I plan to continue holding Dirac, but it seems to me that you don't have an ulterior "agenda" as accused, so thank you for your contribution.
brianbbad

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:03:28 AM

Yep! Obviously Bryce has no incentive to promote Dirac until he's finished with the buyback, but I'm curious to see what he has planned for it after that's complete.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:59:15 PM

loving price of Dirac.

yolo
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:49:19 PM

Their busy coding Naut coins new PoS code.. lol..yea.
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:51:15 PM

this guy framed everybody once again, people are like donkey's

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
demoniality

Activity: 194

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:45:22 PM

Quickly scanned your post history: You nuthug X coins and randomly pop into other threads putting down other coins. You cannot write in coherent sentences. I estimate your age to be about 17.

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
teamlottowin

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 02:56:19 AM

which guy, which guy ?

Buy Adidas with Crypto: https://shop.moolah.io/Buzz
CryptoBomg

Activity: 403

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:12:05 PM

// unused1 | unused2 | Duplicate entry '' for key 'coin_address_mm4'

coder drink ?
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:22:32 PM

so Bryce announced an open "poker" game.... but it seems he became quiet about Dirac... 100days will be over in almost 16 days...
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 09:09:54 PM

so Bryce announced an open "poker" game.... but it seems he became quiet about Dirac... 100days will be over in almost 16 days...

You do know that he announced that the "game" starts at the 90th day after launch, don't you?

Jiggy0001

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:00:29 AM

You do know that he announced that the "game" starts at the 90th day after launch, don't you?

ehm.... why did i mention 100days?

forzendiablo
Legendary

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:22:41 AM

can somwebodfy explain.
they are pumping privce now to hardcore level.

what then? Smiley

yolo
Jiggy0001

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:50:39 PM

can somwebodfy explain.

what then? Smiley

you won't see those hardcore levels again...
brianbbad

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:21:52 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 08:32:25 PM by brianbbad

can somwebodfy explain.

what then? Smiley

you won't see those hardcore levels again...

As far as I can tell, the price is currently tied to:
how many people want to "play" in this "poker game" (and how recent they are to learning about XDQ)
how long the short-term bagholders will hold out (btw, we're all bagholders at this point, there has been no purchasing of goods/services using Dirac to speak of)
how much career altcoin miners want to unload onto the open market
"whales" (in quotation marks because even $1000+ worth of expendable funds for manipulating altcoin prices seems like a lot to us poor folk ^_^)
arbitrage traders (this mostly keeps the pricing efficient across markets, not necessarily creating buy or sell support)

Do I sound like I know what I'm talking about? Because I doubt that I do, but those are the conclusions I've drawn.  Grin
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 11:41:06 AM

I'm going to post this only once on this thread, if this could be added to OP, that would be great.

The pool http://nomp.universalmolecule.co.ve is cracking blocks steadily and it supports anonymous merged mining of all the 6 coins in the blake eco.

Official pool thread is in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=732864

Not going to post anything else as not to create spam.

kiwisheep

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:38:27 AM

waiting some  big  plan!
brianbbad

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:41:58 PM

I was tempted to create a poll, but... how high do you guys think XDQ will go in August?
forzendiablo
Legendary

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:35:16 PM

I was tempted to create a poll, but... how high do you guys think XDQ will go in August?

can u tell me a bit about the poker game as i dont quite understand it

yolo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: