Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:58:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What BTC taught me (a teen) and why I love it.  (Read 760 times)
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:31:24 PM

Last year, I got my first ever bank card and the first thing I ever did with it is buy Bitcoins. At the time I only had 10GBP, I purchased a small amount and then immediately started talking to people on Bitcointalk which actually helped me improve my English skills. After getting some kind of reputation, I had an idea for bitcoin usb cards (https://i.imgur.com/CM3TZebl.jpg) so I started selling them . This taught me how to handle customers, pre-orders, talk to businesses etc. After the cards where done I started buying and reselling games. Yet again this taught me a lot of things about how to have a small business. During buying/selling, I learned how to look out for scammers both on paypal/ebay and on bitcointalk (and also managed to get me out of buying a BFL Jalapeno). So three months later, I had around 600GBP in my bank account (excluding the money I spent on Nandos Wink ). I bought my first ever desktop computer, had a laptop before and sold that to make up the rest. My actual reason for getting in Bitcoin and starting a business was because my parents said if I want an upgrade, I should buy it myself since my laptop was fairly decent.

After this I had a few months off Bitcoin but then I discovered mining. I learned how to mine Litecoin, this was quite an epic journey and I learned loads of things about GPUs, Algorithms etc.
Mining was cool but eventually it got boring and plus my mom wasn't happy with the power bills. So what did I do after mining? I started trading altcoins and bitcoins. I still do this to date and so far, I have managed to get 7x profits, there were loses to (nearly lost half on zetacoin). So what did trading teach me? Basically it told me a lot of things about trading. I learned how to read charts, notice patterns and one important thing: diversify your portfolio. I have also put some money into Bitcoin companies.

I use to keep 50% in Fiat and 50% in BTC, now it's 20% Fiat and 80% Bitcoin.

Bitcoin just works for me, maybe because it combines my libertarian views ( as seen here: http://drasticraven.deviantart.com/) and my love for tech.

From June onwards, I plan to learn how to code so I can do cool things with Bitcoin. I also have my A levels and I chose to do Business (Due to you guessed it Bitcoin) and Computer Science. As well as other things, physics + maths.

TL:DR : Bitcoin taught me (a teen) a million things including how to invest, look out for scams, create a viable business and just in general some life lessons.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:39:30 PM

Last year, I got my first ever bank card and the first thing I ever did with it is buy Bitcoins. At the time I only had 10GBP, I purchased a small amount and then immediately started talking to people on Bitcointalk which actually helped me improve my English skills. After getting some kind of reputation, I had an idea for bitcoin usb cards (https://i.imgur.com/CM3TZebl.jpg) so I started selling them . This taught me how to handle customers, pre-orders, talk to businesses etc. After the cards where done I started buying and reselling games. Yet again this taught me a lot of things about how to have a small business. During buying/selling, I learned how to look out for scammers both on paypal/ebay and on bitcointalk (and also managed to get me out of buying a BFL Jalapeno). So three months later, I had around 600GBP in my bank account (excluding the money I spent on Nandos Wink ). I bought my first ever desktop computer, had a laptop before and sold that to make up the rest. My actual reason for getting in Bitcoin and starting a business was because my parents said if I want an upgrade, I should buy it myself since my laptop was fairly decent.

After this I had a few months off Bitcoin but then I discovered mining. I learned how to mine Litecoin, this was quite an epic journey and I learned loads of things about GPUs, Algorithms etc.
Mining was cool but eventually it got boring and plus my mom wasn't happy with the power bills. So what did I do after mining? I started trading altcoins and bitcoins. I still do this to date and so far, I have managed to get 7x profits, there were loses to (nearly lost half on zetacoin). So what did trading teach me? Basically it told me a lot of things about trading. I learned how to read charts, notice patterns and one important thing: diversify your portfolio. I have also put some money into Bitcoin companies.

Bitcoin just works for me, maybe because it combines my libertarian views ( as seen here: http://drasticraven.deviantart.com/) and my love for tech.

From June onwards, I plan to learn how to code so I can do cool things with Bitcoin. I also have my A levels and I chose to do Business (Due to you guessed it Bitcoin) and Computer Science. As well as other things, physics + maths.

TL:DR : Bitcoin taught me (a teen) a million things including how to invest, look out for scams, create a viable business and just in general some life lessons.

I think that BTC really opens people's eyes to the opportunities of investing elsewhere.   The huge price swings also makes you comfortable with the risks of other investments, because price increases (and decreases) of other investments seem minuscule in comparison to cryptos.   

I also think that a lot of people have also begun investing in precious metals as a result of learning about BTC, and getting an economy lesson here on this forum (about inflation and deflation).
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:42:04 PM

I think that BTC really opens people's eyes to the opportunities of investing elsewhere.   The huge price swings also makes you comfortable with the risks of other investments, because price increases (and decreases) of other investments seem minuscule in comparison to cryptos.  

I also think that a lot of people have also begun investing in precious metals as a result of learning about BTC, and getting an economy lesson here on this forum (about inflation and deflation).

I totally agree, the only reason why I started looking into gold and nyc/nasdaq is because of Bitcoin. As well some of the posts that offer great lessons on here, which is actually why I love this community because there is so much diversity and a lot of great viewpoints from different sides on a lot of things.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: